Author Topic: Wiki material  (Read 33161 times)

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Wiki material
« Reply #45 on: Aug 26, 2011; 04:00 PM »
Damn that looks neat ^_^
Now for my usual nerdy self,the "Attribute Points +1" in "Wart's Secret" quest isn't highlighted like the rest.Not picking on your great work,I just so enjoy spotting out minor,minor details.  ::)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #46 on: Aug 26, 2011; 04:12 PM »
Thank you...

Now for my usual nerdy self,the "Attribute Points +1  ::)

I'm aware of that one...  ;D ;)   it seems to be a side effect of using a semicolon to make an unmarked list which bolds the text and because that one is just a single entry it wasn't used...never even thought till now that I should have bolded that one to see if it will match in.

Still it's all just experimenting as I had no idea how to code in wiki until I did a bit here, so it might not even be the ; that's causing the bold it's just my guess... :o

I still have no idea how to do it really, I just slap a bit of code in and see what it does.

« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2011; 04:17 PM by Jaknet »
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #47 on: Aug 26, 2011; 05:03 PM »
I learned syntax just by Googling mediawiki [subject]. There are tons of help pages that fully explain things with plenty of examples. For example, "mediawiki tables" gets you this (which I've used quite often because I keep forgetting a thing or two).

There's an extension I can install that inserts a lot more buttons on the edit page, but I'll have to check whether it inserts wiki syntax (preferred) or HTML.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Llama8

• Nameless
« Reply #48 on: Aug 29, 2011; 08:10 PM »
I started doing just that here but had a break because afaik all the info will be imported from the game data en masse and they are not sure how it's going to laid out yet (discussion tab), so I never got much further than this and I wanted a break to just run a load of quests without stopping and screenshotting all the time.... ;)
That's very impressive Jaknet & you've grabbed a fair bit more info than I have (quest requirements & faction bonuses)...

Schlag96

• Supersonic Cheerleader
  • Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #49 on: Aug 30, 2011; 06:00 PM »
I have the old forum files saved but I totally don't remember how to load them up for viewing - anybody else have those?  I know there's got to be good info in there.  I remember doing a lot of figuring out of the elemental proc stuff back then and it's in there somewhere.

thumper

« Reply #50 on: Aug 30, 2011; 06:02 PM »
I have the old forum files saved but I totally don't remember how to load them up for viewing - anybody else have those?  I know there's got to be good info in there.  I remember doing a lot of figuring out of the elemental proc stuff back then and it's in there somewhere.

By 'old', are you referring to the FSS forums or the orginal Revival one?

Schlag96

• Supersonic Cheerleader
  • Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #51 on: Aug 30, 2011; 09:55 PM »
By 'old', are you referring to the FSS forums or the orginal Revival one?
The original FSS forums.

FYI the wiki doesn't like either long filenames or file names with underscores for picture files.  The original map files were not showing up as pictures but as links until I shortened them to shorter names without underscores.  So if you have issues with that, you may have to change the names.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #52 on: Sep 01, 2011; 09:25 AM »
Big update:
Users can now add complete monster and items descriptions to the wiki with just one line of code. Check out the example and start adding ... its kinda fun. http://www.hellgateaus.info/wiki/Help
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

WhiteBoy88

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #53 on: Sep 01, 2011; 04:05 PM »
Very nice. I love the way that's set up.
Prevenge - Gundian
Redvex - Summoner

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #54 on: Sep 01, 2011; 07:50 PM »
Since the code lists are purely dumps, always preview the page before submitting because there are tons of monsters and items that are unimplemented (some monsters are also duplicates, like minions). If you see something with weird stuff like "need translation" as the name or strangely high item levels, just skip it. :P

EDIT: I made myself a little page generator, so I've been copy/pasting pages in. All the Hunter weapons have been added, I'll get to the others later.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2011; 05:47 AM by Firvagor »
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #55 on: Sep 02, 2011; 09:41 AM »
Wicked!

BTW can you override the ones i've already done so that all the categories sync? I was playing around with a few ideas because I wasn't sure how we would categorize everything, but I see you've got it down pat.  8)
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2011; 10:01 AM by maeyan »

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #56 on: Sep 02, 2011; 03:14 PM »
Yeah, I've been overwriting them as I come across existing pages. They'll probably need altering (like buzzsaws being close-range rather than a beam type), but it'll be easier since they'll already be somewhat sorted. I grouped all the legendaries into a single category because I wasn't sure what to do with those.
(There's also no consistent indication about whether an item is implemented, but most are easy to tell, like a unique gun listed as a sword type :o )

Also, I'll/we'll need to look into the damage a bit more. Direct damage is almost exactly as displayed, but splash and other damage types are way off.

Sort of almost there! Just need quests, skills (which pretty much just need wikifying), miscellaneous items, and the rest of the drop statistics. :P

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #57 on: Sep 02, 2011; 04:17 PM »
I take it you are still importing everything en-masse from the game directly ?
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #58 on: Sep 02, 2011; 05:16 PM »
By all means, we certainly do need to give that damage formula a closer look at. We could draft up know we know into the wiki and everyone can help deduce it, plus the other formulas for the augmentrix and stuff. It will be pretty easy to work out if we can just layout all the numbers we require.

megatyrant

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #59 on: Sep 07, 2011; 08:08 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place for it but here's something I've just noticed.  Sword of Authority in addition to what is listed on the skill planner deals some form of physical damage as well as posses some form of Stun Attack Strength. 

Proof:  My BM has two Eradicators Equipped (Eradicators deal both Fire Direct and Fire Splash and that's it along with possessing 60 ignite attack strength).  Neither have any mods/augments to add or deal physical damage or stun attack strength.  But whenever I use Sword of Authority a good amount of the time the enemy gets stunned.  So unless Eradicators have a hidden physical damage factor I'm lead to believe that Sword of Authority has a physical and stun factor to it.

What I do know is that I still deal fire dmg and can still ignite the mobs with Sword of Authority.  So it's not converting all the damage delt to physical.  I have zero clue where the stun attack strength is coming from though.