Author Topic: Wiki material  (Read 32646 times)

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
Re: Wiki material
« Reply #30 on: Jul 29, 2011; 09:22 AM »
As for achievements - don't worry about these, I can mass export them from Reanimator.

And Judge - sorry - I accidently screwed up the forum permissions a couple of days ago. You are able to post new threads again now

I don't understand the enhancement part either. If you are refering to affixes, there is already an affix category as Firvagor mentioned. And there is no formulae, each affix has an associated value range. We are working on mass exporting this data from Reanimator too.  ;D
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

Judge

• Nameless
« Reply #31 on: Jul 29, 2011; 04:44 PM »
Of all the information i would want to know about the game, i think the highest priority is: feed costs of the best uniques and mods. The reason being you can plan ahead on how many points to spend where.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #32 on: Jul 29, 2011; 04:48 PM »
Of all the information i would want to know about the game, i think the highest priority is: feed costs of the best uniques and mods. The reason being you can plan ahead on how many points to spend where.
Me and Firvagor are working hard on dumping the entire item database into the wiki. This will take us a little while, but when its done all this information will be available at once. I will look into the feedcosts, but these algorithms are still even a mystery to me as they are not very well exposed.
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #33 on: Jul 29, 2011; 05:39 PM »
As a note, there is no universal formula for determining feed costs on affixes. For example, some + All Attributes affixes have a Stamina cost of effect value*2, while other affixes (not +AA) have, say, an Accuracy cost of 12% of the effect value. Others scale by item level, but again not by a static amount.
Many affixes also have limited item level ranges at which they're found. An affix could be only found on items of levels 1-20, for example.

Long story short, we're hoping to make the wiki database-backed to minimize page maintenance, at least on statistical pages.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2011; 05:24 PM »
Just an odd question... Does time spent on the wiki show as time logged in to the forums, or am I really loitering that much ??
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

stylen

• Founder
  • Named
  • Whatever it takes
    • http://rareglitch.net
« Reply #35 on: Aug 14, 2011; 05:17 PM »
http://www.hellgateaus.info/wiki/Category:Mythic_Items

Guys how do I add another catagory to this page?  I have a new Mythic item which will be listed under D

Deadening Beamcarver (it's a sword)
Strength and Honor,
M17 - 53 Engineer (striker w/drone)
Thaimaishu - 55 BM (crit)

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #36 on: Aug 14, 2011; 05:47 PM »
The easiest way I've been told is to type the name into the search box on the top right on any page of the wiki and it will ask if you want to create the page if it doesn't exist, then just add

[[Category:Mythic Items]]

to the page this sets the page to link and appear in the category automatically after you finish creating the page.

Most of what I've picked up has been by clicking edit on a working page and seeing what code is used to get it to work.

Hope this helps.  :)

If for any reason you have any problems or other questions I'm more than happy to help... though my wiki knowledge is very limited.

After all that typing just realised it would have been quicker to make the page for you and just link to it, but at least you know "how to" doing it this way... and it feels condescending to do it the other way.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2011; 05:49 PM by Jaknet »

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #37 on: Aug 14, 2011; 06:07 PM »
Type the name into the address bar (replacing the page name already there), then click Create if it doesn't exist. Add what you want along with the mentioned category link text so it'll be auto-added to the category page.
Make sure it's spelled right and doesn't already exist, because we don't want duplicate pages under different names.

If you need help with syntax, you can usually type it into Google with along with "mediawiki," since that's the framework it uses.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

stylen

• Founder
  • Named
  • Whatever it takes
    • http://rareglitch.net
« Reply #38 on: Aug 14, 2011; 07:24 PM »
Sounds good and applauded or +1 karma to both!

http://hellgateaus.info/wiki/Beamcarver
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2011; 08:04 PM by stylen »
Strength and Honor,
M17 - 53 Engineer (striker w/drone)
Thaimaishu - 55 BM (crit)

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #39 on: Aug 22, 2011; 05:05 AM »
Not really familiar with the wiki's format to correct it myself,so might as well report it here.
In the achievements page,the "kill x monsters in z seconds" achievements' descriptions read 1,2 and 2 seconds respectively.The correct values would be 30,40 and 50 seconds respectively. :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #40 on: Aug 22, 2011; 06:43 AM »
Whoops, I guess there was a parsing error somewhere. It'll be fixed tomorrow.

EDIT: Fixed.

We're really close to the affix list being completed. I just want to add a bit more info, like what items they're found on and feed cost formulas, plus a couple little fixes for how they're displayed.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011; 01:07 AM by Firvagor »

Llama8

• Nameless
« Reply #41 on: Aug 26, 2011; 01:35 PM »
Not sure if this would be useful/wanted or not, but I'm collecting quest info (started doing this mid act 2):
Quest name
Quest giver
Target (collect/kill xxx, etc)
Target location
XP/Pall/item/stat point rewards
Act
Quest giver location (Monument, Templar Base, etc)

I've done this from ~1/2 way through Act 2 to mid-way through act 4. I've also been getting the Messenger kill requirements for most of the maps/areas (also from mid act 2).

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #42 on: Aug 26, 2011; 01:43 PM »
Well the quests that give stat points would be quite useful to be listed I'd say.Now about the rest,it depends on the judgment and willingness of our hard-working contributors ^^
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Llama8

• Nameless
« Reply #43 on: Aug 26, 2011; 02:35 PM »
If someone can do me some wikicode for a table, I'll copy & paste the data in.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #44 on: Aug 26, 2011; 03:54 PM »
I started doing just that here but had a break because afaik all the info will be imported from the game data en masse and they are not sure how it's going to laid out yet (discussion tab), so I never got much further than this and I wanted a break to just run a load of quests without stopping and screenshotting all the time.... ;)

Also it's not actually linked to any heading which is why it's not easy to find.
« Last Edit: Aug 26, 2011; 03:58 PM by Jaknet »