Author Topic: Wiki material  (Read 33203 times)

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Re: Wiki material
« Reply #15 on: Jul 26, 2011; 03:09 AM »
Another useful tip: if you're not sure whether something is worthy of putting on the page, or just want to mention something about a page (inaccurate data, speculation, etc), put a note in the Discussion tab/"Talk:" page.
Not a big deal right now (and it hasn't really happened yet), but once the wiki becomes more populated it's preferred to keep the main pages clean. Feel free to add content to places you think needs it, even if you have a couple blanks that need filling in, but try to keep the other stuff in the Talk pages.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2011; 10:46 AM »
(and it hasn't really happened yet)
Perfect timing, as it "had" just happened.... now edited.... :-[
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #17 on: Jul 26, 2011; 10:56 AM »
Your doing a fine job, many thanks Jaknet.
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2011; 04:02 PM »
Don't worry about it. :P It's the content we need, so we can adjust formatting and stuff later.

Main page is also awesome!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #19 on: Jul 27, 2011; 10:05 PM »
Can we please get some more help on the wiki? Pleeeease! If you havn't checked the wiki for a few days, a lot has changed and its really shaping up! The more help we can get - the greater the reward.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2011; 10:07 PM by maeyan »

WhiteBoy88

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #20 on: Jul 28, 2011; 05:31 AM »
What about build guides? I think of a wiki as more of a straight-up data collection, but if guides and builds are cool, then I might whip up a gundian page.
Prevenge - Gundian
Redvex - Summoner

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #21 on: Jul 28, 2011; 07:08 AM »
What about build guides? I think of a wiki as more of a straight-up data collection, but if guides and builds are cool, then I might whip up a gundian page.

In my opinion guides really dont belong in a wiki, but if you look around you'll see a guides sub forum in these boards.
All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #22 on: Jul 28, 2011; 08:58 AM »
There are certain builds that classes are renowned for - such as the 'Gundian' build for the Guarian - and the 'Crit' build for the Blademaster. I don't think a particular allocation of skill points would be appropriate but a general overview of the the build spec would be great. Please feel free to add these entries right away :D

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #23 on: Jul 28, 2011; 11:01 PM »
Added some lines to the achievements page,but I did notice only the achievements that provide passive abilities are mentioned.
Wouldn't it be a lot more accurate (and tiresome,yeah) to write down all the achievements and maybe mention the titles some of them give?I'll see to whatever I can contribute myself if it's agreed on :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #24 on: Jul 28, 2011; 11:14 PM »
Added some lines to the achievements page,but I did notice only the achievements that provide passive abilities are mentioned.
Wouldn't it be a lot more accurate (and tiresome,yeah) to write down all the achievements and maybe mention the titles some of them give?I'll see to whatever I can contribute myself if it's agreed on :)

If you have a look at the discussion tab on the achievements page, I started to do just that and found a slight problem.
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #25 on: Jul 29, 2011; 01:29 AM »
Completely eluded me,now those complications could be a problem indeed...
I suppose we can write them down the way they're mentioned in the game and whoever notices any inaccuracies on completion of one can correct whatever's wrong.
If there's some agreement on that,that is. :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true for the 2018 Steam version.

Judge

• Nameless
« Reply #26 on: Jul 29, 2011; 03:14 AM »
Iv been hard at work creating a master DB of the enhancements. Unfortunately i dont have access to create new threads in this forum:/ So without further ado: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agse1fJzjZsMdFNBRjJaTHNocUYxLVBmMG1RZGp2OWc&hl=en_US
And the wiki entry for it: http://hellgateaus.info/wiki/index.php/Category:Enhancements

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #27 on: Jul 29, 2011; 03:54 AM »
The Affixes page is from data I compiled years ago, so while it might be a bit outdated and inherently inaccurate, most of the data is there. I had additional stuff like what effect value at which level, but at the time I figured it wasn't that important (and I have no idea where that stuff is).
It seems that an affix has a different range depending on the item it's on (eg a mod having much lower effect values than a weapon). The page is getting revamped anyway.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011; 04:13 AM by Firvagor »

Judge

• Nameless
« Reply #28 on: Jul 29, 2011; 04:29 AM »
It seems that an affix has a different range depending on the item it's on (eg a mod having much lower effect values than a weapon).

On all the mods iv examined they are identical to the enhancements.

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #29 on: Jul 29, 2011; 04:49 AM »
I think your terminology is a little confusing. Are you referring to a "mod" as a mod with the affix, and an "enhancement" as a weapon or piece of equipment with the affix?
So you think the minimum and maximum values have been identical between, say, both a mod and a weapon?

I'll use [caste] Tracker's as an example. I've never seen a mod with higher than 15%, yet I've found plenty of ~19-20% or higher on weapons (the affix alone, not calculated with any other modifiers).