Author Topic: Character Planner  (Read 35698 times)

kuukkeli

• Founder
  • Named
Re: Character Planner
« Reply #45 on: Aug 15, 2011; 08:23 AM »
Revision 22 is up. Lots of fixes and tweaks, check the first post for the complete log.

I can confrim Jaknet's bug about disappearing + and - signs on skills. It happens to every skill when you hit the limit of points you can spend to it on your chosen level.
This isn't actually a bug after all - I designed it so it will prevent you from investing points in a skill if you do not meet the level requirement. You can hover over the skill to view the requirement when this happens - it will be in red text like in-game.

I can understand that + sign disappears (and it doesn't feel like a bug to me either) but the lack of - sign makes it much harder to move the points around when planning the advancement. So in my humble opinion this still counts as a bug for as long as it remains impossible to remove the points from the skill without increasing the character level temporarily.

Also thanks for the fixes and reset button  :)

P.S. Have you had time to look why the planner doesn't work on Opera? Everything between the class selection drop box and notes is still missing.
Reppana - Evoker - 55r26 (The Korean Group)
Ressukka - Engineer - 50r21 (The Korean Group)
Rukkanen - Guardian - 50r6 (Revival)
Raasu - Blademaster - 40
Lapanen - Marksman - 40
Rupu - Summoner - 5

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #46 on: Aug 15, 2011; 05:49 PM »
I can understand that + sign disappears (and it doesn't feel like a bug to me either) but the lack of - sign makes it much harder to move the points around when planning the advancement. So in my humble opinion this still counts as a bug for as long as it remains impossible to remove the points from the skill without increasing the character level temporarily.
Oh, sorry - you are completely right. Now I completely understand

P.S. Have you had time to look why the planner doesn't work on Opera? Everything between the class selection drop box and notes is still missing.
I haven't looked into it - but I'll put some time into it now and try figure out what's up.
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #47 on: Aug 15, 2011; 08:20 PM »
Oh, sorry - you are completely right. Now I completely understand

I haven't looked into it - but I'll put some time into it now and try figure out what's up.
I fixed the aforementioned bug regarding the missing +/- sign. The fix applies to expertise skills too.

I looked into the Opera issue. Unfortunately this is an issue with Opera because the browser does not allow deeply nested javascript function calls. Additionally, because the planner is a compiled application - there is little I can do about it. I've added a note to the planner that the Opera browser is incompatible at this time.  Very sorry.

stylen

• Founder
  • Named
  • Whatever it takes
    • http://rareglitch.net
« Reply #48 on: Aug 16, 2011; 02:42 AM »
EDIT: What version of Internet Explorer are you using? I'm using version 9 and I can't seen to replicate the bug

version 8
Strength and Honor,
M17 - 53 Engineer (striker w/drone)
Thaimaishu - 55 BM (crit)

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #49 on: Aug 23, 2011; 01:45 AM »
Character planner updated (revision 24). See the first post for complete details.

The character planner is nearing the end of the beta phase. Please report all present bugs to me by replying to this thread and I would like to fix them ASAP. This excludes skills that are missing the damage modifiers - this is something we are still trying to crack.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #50 on: Aug 23, 2011; 04:44 AM »
Just a very, minor one, and by chance the first skill I looked at. Sweeping strike shows a rate of use going down by 1 sec per rank and it seems to go down by a varying fraction every time... 10 seconds, 8.3, 7.1, 6.3, 5.6, 5.0 and 4.5 are what I've had ingame so far.

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011; 04:49 AM by Jaknet »
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #51 on: Aug 23, 2011; 05:16 AM »
Just a very, minor one, and by chance the first skill I looked at. Sweeping strike shows a rate of use going down by 1 sec per rank and it seems to go down by a varying fraction every time... 10 seconds, 8.3, 7.1, 6.3, 5.6, 5.0 and 4.5 are what I've had ingame so far.
Ah man. The cooldown is not really as the data described. Its been like that for a few skills. Gonna really have to work out some of these cooldown manually.

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
    • TDE - The Dark Evolution - TDE
« Reply #52 on: Aug 29, 2011; 08:00 AM »
It would be nice if the "Bonus-Skills" wont cap @ 11. The people who got one or more "Lucky-Skill-Expander" (from cube or Marketplace) could use some more Bonus-Skills.  ;)

Sadly i am not that lucky...  :'(
Wolfilein

InstantDeath - 55/50 - Crit-Markswoman

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #53 on: Aug 29, 2011; 08:37 AM »
It would be nice if the "Bonus-Skills" wont cap @ 11. The people who got one or more "Lucky-Skill-Expander" (from cube or Marketplace) could use some more Bonus-Skills.  ;)

Sadly i am not that lucky...  :'(
You'll notice one the description of the lucky skill point expanders that they cap at 10. This is inclusive of Premium bought skill points. So currently the absolute maximum is 11 points. I'll raise the cap when more event points become available.

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
« Reply #54 on: Aug 29, 2011; 09:25 AM »
I have heard otherwise. But i can´t confirm it. I will trust your knowledge of the game.
But i will interview some of my Info-sources. (they told me the +10 on the lucky-ones are an additional counter)
Maybe i come back at you with some proof ;) 
Wolfilein

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #55 on: Aug 29, 2011; 09:52 AM »
I have heard otherwise. But i can´t confirm it. I will trust your knowledge of the game.
But i will interview some of my Info-sources. (they told me the +10 on the lucky-ones are an additional counter)
Maybe i come back at you with some proof ;)
Nah don't take my word for it. And I can't really confirm it either without actually trying it in-game. So should those Lucky Skill Points in fact be independent, i'd be more than happy to raise the bonus skill cap.

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
« Reply #56 on: Aug 29, 2011; 04:38 PM »
Again I have no real proof. But i know a guy who has 21 additional Skillpoints. I haven´t seen it but i trust him. A former guild-mate told me the same. -> (additional counter for lucky-skill-expander)
If you change the Skillplaner is up to you.
I´ll keep trying to get some waterproof evidence... where is my cube ?? Where are my Darkstones ??

Sidenote:
The "Crusader Wrath" Description seems a little bit different from ingame. Damage-increase and Armor Decrease are switched. (The Armor-decrease and Damage-increase stats are for the BM)
On 7/7 its 70% Armor-decrease for 24% Damage-increase. That is defenitly wrong....
It has to be 24% Armor-decrease and 70% Damage-increase.
Wolfilein

Geministar

• Nameless
« Reply #57 on: Aug 31, 2011; 04:48 PM »
I noticed some problems with the Summoner's Elemental tree;

- The icon for Elemental Revenge is the Spectral minion
 - The icon for the Spectral minion is the Force minion
 - The icon for the Force minion is the Storm minion
 - The icon for the Storm minion is the Toxic minion
 - The icon for the Toxic minion is the icon for Elemental Revenge

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #58 on: Aug 31, 2011; 05:06 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for the bug reports guys

By the way, I think I have everything I need to know now to finish the rest of the skills for the skill planner .. in terms damage calculations.

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
« Reply #59 on: Aug 31, 2011; 06:17 PM »
Sounds good.   ;D
Now stop teasing and get to work...   ;) :P
Wolfilein