Author Topic: How to use Reanimator?  (Read 404 times)

ubai

• Nameless
How to use Reanimator?
« on: Feb 04, 2021; 05:46 PM »
Not sure if anyone is still here, but I am trying to use Reanimator to make nanoshards a bit more available. I opened up the global game data file and edited the lines I found that are supposed to make nanoshards more common, but I don't know what to do with the .txt.cooked file I get. I tired putting it in the data folder, and I tried making a data_common folder and putting it in there, but nothing is happening and I can't find any guides or tutorials on  how to do this.

I am playing Revival 1.5b if that matters.

Thanks!
Matt

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: How to use Reanimator?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2021; 02:07 PM »
If you have already obtained the .cooked table, you must insert it to the correct location inside the modpack and reinstall the mod.

Why not try to play Revival v4.3 ?
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/unofficial-revival-sp-modification-4-3/
Nanoshards can be looted from all minibosses and in Necropolis you can get 100 pieces of nanoshards from Zomper.  :)

ubai

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2021; 05:51 PM »
I tried to install 4.3 but I got an error that says value cannot be null. parameter: value. Not sure what I did wrong, I followed the install instructions. Version 3.8 works for me.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2021; 01:21 AM »
If as it seems that you're modifying an existing mod, then you could do:
Open the mods .mod.zip file, navigate to the data_common/excel folder, then drag and drop your gameglobals.txt.cooked file. You may need to remove the gameglobals.txt file(alternatively you could directly modify that instead).
Confirm that you do want to insert the file, and then reinstall the mod.
Open Reanimator and confirm that your changes have been made, if not double check you did everything right. If you can see your changes, then run the game.

If you're not modifying an existing mod you could do:
Assuming you have Reanimator in it's own folder like:
Hellgate London/Reanimator/Reanimator.exe

Create data_common/excel folder in there like:
Hellgate London/Reanimator/data_common/excel
Also create data folder like:
Hellgate London/Reanimator/data

Copy gameglobals.txt.cooked into there
Hellgate London/Reanimator/data_common/excel/gameglobals.txt.cooked

Then run Hellpack.exe. It should be in the same folder as Reanimator.exe.
Look in Hellgate London/Reanimator/data, and you should see sp_hellgate_1337_1.5.0.idx, and sp_hellgate_1337_1.5.0.dat. Move those files into your Hellgate London/Data folder. If there are already files by that name, rename your newly made files.
Open Reanimator to check that the changes have been made, if you don't see them double check everything was done correctly. If you do see the changes, run the game.

ubai

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2021; 12:38 AM »
Thanks again!