Author Topic: Lost London V  (Read 81055 times)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
Re: Lost London V
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2015; 12:41 AM »
Thanks, mate.

It's worked well, I now have HGL-Revival and HGL-LostLondon in two separate folders and can play each as and when..

I've called the LLondon chars "name" LL so I remmeber who to load in which game.. haha..

You can add " -buildserver" without the quotes and the space in the front to one or both shortcuts to force them to keep the saves in the same folder as that ones respective install. Instead of "My Documents".

@Seferoth, any way you can make the install instructions more elaborate. It use to be install the 1.2.1 fanpatch then lost london. Now I think it is install hellgate london. Patch to the latest official patch. Then run the game once, to get the files set up correctly. Then install Lost London using the original fanpatch installer.

Though you could probably word it better. If you wanted to do it at all that is. Either way, Thanks for the mod and sticking around.

I now made installation instructions more clear. Lost London only needs official 1.2 SP patch, no need to install Revival patches or MP patches. I also added links to SP patch and to "old installer/launcher" that Lost London uses. I hope this makes things more clear. :)
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2015; 01:04 AM »
Thanks, mate.

It's worked well, I now have HGL-Revival and HGL-LostLondon in two separate folders and can play each as and when..

I've called the LLondon chars "name" LL so I remmeber who to load in which game.. haha..

You can add " -buildserver" without the quotes and the space in the front to one or both shortcuts to force them to keep the saves in the same folder as that ones respective install. Instead of "My Documents".

I hate to say it, but it only worked the once - the next start up there was no save at all in the install folder.

Lucky I hadn't lost much  - I just played it a little while and the extras weren't much to worry about (once I had HG crash and it killed a brilliant new auto-rifle I'd found..  I miss that gun still, it has powerful!).

I think, maybe, that  " -buildserver" needs to be used for both game installs - and it doesn't work with Revival for some reason.

It's not important, I've gone back to the "my docs" method and just remembering, by name, who goes where.

Dragfest

• Nameless
« Reply #92 on: Sep 20, 2015; 01:26 PM »
Please tell me how to disable respawning?

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #93 on: Sep 20, 2015; 04:49 PM »

Its a "diablo-style" loot oriented game. Why would you wanna do that? Also, i have no idea how to disable respawning.
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

Dragfest

• Nameless
« Reply #94 on: Sep 20, 2015; 05:50 PM »
What i meant is that i would only like them to respawn when i close the game and reopen it.
Since now they respawn while you are in the level :(

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #95 on: Sep 20, 2015; 10:28 PM »
What i meant is that i would only like them to respawn when i close the game and reopen it.
Since now they respawn while you are in the level :(

I've noticed it too - but they do tend to re-spawn "over the hill" - I mean, a good 100 meters away.

Mind you - it's kinda scary coming back through a hellgate or a side-tunnel... and facing a huge mob of daemons.

Time for some fire-field effect air strikes and some fast shooting, bots help..  still a little  nervously breathtaking.

But FUN!

and fun is what it's all about.

I;m not saying you're wrong for wanting as you do - but I do think it;ll kill the fun a little.

Dragfest

• Nameless
« Reply #96 on: Sep 20, 2015; 11:22 PM »
Yeah but it just feels like the game is kinda cheating me, i mean i put in all the work to clear a path..
Even without respawning i face a large amount of huge mobs anyway so :)
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2015; 11:25 PM by Dragfest »

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #97 on: Sep 21, 2015; 01:02 AM »

Its a "diablo-style" loot oriented game. Why would you wanna do that? Also, i have no idea how to disable respawning.
In the level table, right near the end of the file, there is; enableRoomReset, roomResetDelayInSeconds, and roomResetWhenMonstersBelowPercent. Most of the stations don't have these set, but the rest of the levels do.

K19117

• Nameless
« Reply #98 on: Oct 22, 2015; 07:13 AM »
im stupid. can someone walk me thru step by step. because i cant get it to work for me.

Dank Rafft

« Reply #99 on: Oct 22, 2015; 06:42 PM »
im stupid. can someone walk me thru step by step. because i cant get it to work for me.
The install instructions at the beginning of the following thread apply to every mod: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/revival-sp-modification-1-5-b1/
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015; 01:27 AM by Dank Rafft »

K19117

• Nameless
« Reply #100 on: Oct 22, 2015; 11:09 PM »
ok thanks i got it installed but i guess i got a few bugs to work out because now i cant pickup weapons. or shall i say i cant equip them. the moment i  pick them up they go invisible?

Dank Rafft

« Reply #101 on: Oct 23, 2015; 01:29 AM »
ok thanks i got it installed but i guess i got a few bugs to work out because now i cant pickup weapons. or shall i say i cant equip them. the moment i  pick them up they go invisible?
With Lost London installed or just the standard game?

spag

• Named
« Reply #102 on: Oct 23, 2015; 02:58 AM »
To clear-up the confusion:install the game then the 1.2 patch(hellgate) then the revival launcher(not the 1.5b) then Lost London thru the revival launcher.The 1.5b launcher is for the 1.5b and Naga mods.Hope this helps. :)

spag

• Named
« Reply #103 on: Oct 23, 2015; 03:07 AM »
On a side note:Hellzone missions for LL5 have problems:NPCs with same quests and The World Gun quest where you kill 100 Dunder Liches only have 3.I have not gone further because I uninstalled that mod.Anybody else have the same problems or others with it.Please Seferoth check this out and see if you could solve these problems.Thank you. :-\
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2015; 09:16 AM by spag »

Dank Rafft

« Reply #104 on: Oct 26, 2015; 10:32 AM »
To clear-up the confusion:install the game then the 1.2 patch(hellgate) then the revival launcher(not the 1.5b) then Lost London thru the revival launcher.The 1.5b launcher is for the 1.5b and Naga mods.Hope this helps. :)
I didn't know that. Thanks for clearing things up. :)