Author Topic: Lost London V  (Read 84315 times)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
Re: Lost London V
« Reply #45 on: Sep 26, 2014; 05:33 AM »
Just reinstalled Hellgate London after a very long break (years) and discovered this site.  Before I quit playing I remember messing around with hellgate Revival however at the time I didn't know of Lost London.  What is the main difference between the two?  Does lost london have more game content than revival 1.5?  When Looking at the download size of lost london v its almost 3mb however revival is little over 9mb.  Am I downloading the wrong thing or are both of those mods really that small?

Lost London is total conversion mod while Revival is the extension of original Hellgate:London. Lost London has 3 Classes instead of the regular 6, but Lost London uses merged skilltree system. So the Templar and Blademaster has been compined as one class called Templar, Evoker and Summoner is compined as Cabalist and Marksman and Engineer is compined as Hunter. Lost London also has new maps and "Real Size" london feature which makes many of the maps over 25 times larger then before. Lost London also has Stonehenge bosses and content like Moloch and various online only items. Lost London also has over 5000 changes made to game files, but dont worry its completely bug free modification. Actually Lost London fixes several bugs found in vanilla Hellgate:London. So, all in all Lost London is a totaly different game(which is the purpose of the mod). Also, all the mods to Hellgate are small sized atleast Lost London is. So the 3mb size is right. Hope this helped.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2014; 05:35 AM by Seferoth »
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

wardwick

• Nameless
« Reply #46 on: Sep 30, 2014; 02:09 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply and yes that helped =).  I was worried I was downloading wrong files or something as I am use to mooing other games like Elder scrolls and Mount& Blade where theirs can be like 1 to 2 gig in size heh.
*Edit*

I have noticed some items (mainly uniques so far that I've noticed) give stats like +3 *skill name* etc however the skill it lists doesn't exist.  For example there a Unique that gives +3 Fear and +3 ember however summoner/evoker doesn't have a ember skill.  I googled it to find ember is what the fire elemental skill use to be called.  The item doesn't give +3 to fire elemental like it says due to having the wrong name.  I found another unique recently that has 2 Relic slots however when trying to put a relic item into it it says they are EMP Slots however I have never seen an emp mod.  Are these items from multiplayer?  It seems to gimp them since the stats/skills/mods they buff/require don't exist on some of them.  Tolby's Destroyer is the sword unique with EMP slots.  When I inspect the item it says 2 unused relic slots but won't let me put relics in it.  Are there special mods later on in the game that would work on this?

*Edit*

Never mind about the unique sword I found I figured emp stands for empty and the reason I couldn't put mod in it was the item level didn't match the weapon....  However there are some uniques that give skills like the one i mentioned that doesn't exist like ember.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2014; 03:44 AM by wardwick »

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #47 on: Sep 30, 2014; 03:09 PM »
Hmm, you are right about that Ember skill. You see there was a feature in previous Lost Londons where all skill raising affixes were removed from items. I will try to find a fix for that problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Shulkor

• Nameless
    • http://www.hellgateaus.net
« Reply #48 on: Oct 05, 2014; 04:46 PM »
Download link to the installer sends me to a login page yet I already am logged in. I log in and it still doesnt let me at that installer download. Any ideas?

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #49 on: Oct 05, 2014; 06:42 PM »
Hi Shulkor!

That's unfortunately an issue I haven't sorted out yet (might have to edit the links manually). It's likely related to the domain change - try replacing "hellgateaus.info" in the link with "hellgateaus.info".

Regards, NiteHawk
"'Chocolate Park' sounds... suspiciously cute."

Shulkor

• Nameless
    • http://www.hellgateaus.net
« Reply #50 on: Oct 05, 2014; 06:47 PM »
Hi Shulkor!

That's unfortunately an issue I haven't sorted out yet (might have to edit the links manually). It's likely related to the domain change - try replacing "hellgateaus.info" in the link with "hellgateaus.info".

Regards, NiteHawk

@NiteHawk
Awesome! That worked & thank you!

tooopy

• Nameless
« Reply #51 on: Oct 08, 2014; 08:53 AM »
Been playing this Mod, and I've never actually played HellGate london, or really know anything about HellGate.

Does this mod have most weapons from 2.0?

Would you be able to put those in here?

Maybe 2h weapons? From the f2p?

Yandor

• Named
« Reply #52 on: Oct 15, 2014; 10:32 PM »
Originally the higher level weapons dropped in the Stonehenge etc addon areas that were for subscription players only. Unsubbed players in the SP areas could only get them by trading with Sub players.

LL games were made before the MP2 stuff became available to modders of the SP game.
Nagahaku 3 also did not seem to contain the MP2 Hunter weapons that I was expecting.
The SP game had no boss in St Pauls or Necropolis areas to drop the higher weapons and the drops and shops did not provide the mods for the higher weapons either. It may come in time but it looks like it has not happened yet.

game4220

• Nameless
« Reply #53 on: Oct 22, 2014; 11:40 AM »
love your mod.. one more time, LOVE YOUR MOD

now that you raise many of the skill too use up too 15 skill point. im a little low on them now.
can you make in your "Lost London V Addons" that you can set it so you get more skill point

think that many will love that

i have try, but fail my self to mod it
her is a link on  how one have done it
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-fan-modifications/skill-points-at-level-up/

cheer

catscratch

• Nameless
« Reply #54 on: Oct 24, 2014; 06:01 PM »
 Outstanding! Looks like a whole lotta work was done for this! Can't wait to get my computer going so I can play again! Thanks Seferoth for everything you've done for this game! I had Reign of Colossus installed and I really liked the weapons mod! Keep up the good work!

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #55 on: Oct 30, 2014; 02:01 AM »
Outstanding! Looks like a whole lotta work was done for this! Can't wait to get my computer going so I can play again! Thanks Seferoth for everything you've done for this game! I had Reign of Colossus installed and I really liked the weapons mod! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the praise. Lost London indeed took 4 years of modding and countless sleepless nights to finish. It was worth it though, i will do anything i can to keep this marvelous game alive.

EchoingZen

• Nameless
« Reply #56 on: Nov 16, 2014; 09:16 PM »
I am really excited to try out Lost London, but I had a question before I get too invested.  Almost all my playtime in HG:L was Hardcore elite and I'm wondering if there is a way to enable Elite mode without having to beat the game again.  I don't mind crushing difficulty...

(The forum posts around here seem to point to no hardcore mode, but they are old posts... maybe I missed something?)

EDIT:  Ok, I have figured out how to make an Elite character.  I just had to make a dummy character before it unlocked.

I'm now having an issue where a couple of items have "Missing String index '-1' 1" on them.  Any clue on why that might be happening?  It's very rare to see it, but it happens.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2014; 05:43 PM by EchoingZen »

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #57 on: Nov 19, 2014; 06:54 PM »
I am really excited to try out Lost London, but I had a question before I get too invested.  Almost all my playtime in HG:L was Hardcore elite and I'm wondering if there is a way to enable Elite mode without having to beat the game again.  I don't mind crushing difficulty...

(The forum posts around here seem to point to no hardcore mode, but they are old posts... maybe I missed something?)

EDIT:  Ok, I have figured out how to make an Elite character.  I just had to make a dummy character before it unlocked.

I'm now having an issue where a couple of items have "Missing String index '-1' 1" on them.  Any clue on why that might be happening?  It's very rare to see it, but it happens.

Hi there. What items exactly gives that "Missing String index" message?

EchoingZen

• Nameless
« Reply #58 on: Nov 19, 2014; 08:00 PM »
It was a grenade pistol type weapon for one of them (Unfortunately, I sold it).  My friend has also found one, but he doesn't remember what item type it was.  I also found a spectral striker with Summon Ember, but I don't think that is a skill in Lost London V.

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #59 on: Nov 19, 2014; 11:35 PM »
It was a grenade pistol type weapon for one of them (Unfortunately, I sold it).  My friend has also found one, but he doesn't remember what item type it was.  I also found a spectral striker with Summon Ember, but I don't think that is a skill in Lost London V.

Indeed that Summon Ember skill is not in Lost London V. That Summon Ember affix "bug" was introduced at Lost Lond IV_Beta and Lost London V. All skillraising affixes were disabled at previous Lost Londons 1.0-V3, but they were reintroduced at Lost London IV_Beta and they are still in at Lost London V, this makes the game spawn affixes to items regardless of what skills are available like in the vanilla game, including Summon Ember. I have no idea why "String Index" bug is happening, but i will take a look and see if i find a cause for this. For the Summon Ember i have no solution available yet. I thank you for the feedback though.