Author Topic: Wishful thinking for the lonely ones.  (Read 3200 times)

ZenZombie

• Founder
  • Eldest
Re: Wishful thinking for the lonely ones.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2010; 07:05 AM »
I am not saying robotics are something they *couldn't* do, I am just saying it doesn't make sense for them. Robots are hard to upkeep, and their power armor is essentially a giant robot already, why increase upkeep on a strained war?

What I want is a good reason why templar, men and women with the mentality of Spartans, would be looking for a little helper droid.

As far as reinforcments, while that still makes sense, it doesn't make sense on how to balance it or why you could suddenly pull hunters out of thin air. Hunters are just that, hunters, they generally work alone or with a small squad (see other players) not a guild/clan/order like the cabalists.

By pure elementals, I mean semi human form creatures, completely composed of that element. So a physical elemental would be shards of steel flying around in a semi human shape, a toxic elemental would be a horde of wasps in the form of a man, fire is obviously pure fire walking around, and spectral would be distorted light and flecks of spectral energy outlining this form.

Only able to hold one, but a pure expression of the element, not a demon.
All compounded things are ephemeral; work diligently on your salvation

Character Planner

wood

• Named
« Reply #16 on: Apr 23, 2010; 10:41 AM »
Quote from: "ZenZombie"
I am not saying robotics are something they *couldn't* do, I am just saying it doesn't make sense for them. Robots are hard to upkeep, and their power armor is essentially a giant robot already, why increase upkeep on a strained war?

What I want is a good reason why templar, men and women with the mentality of Spartans, would be looking for a little helper droid.

As far as reinforcments, while that still makes sense, it doesn't make sense on how to balance it or why you could suddenly pull hunters out of thin air. Hunters are just that, hunters, they generally work alone or with a small squad (see other players) not a guild/clan/order like the cabalists.

By pure elementals, I mean semi human form creatures, completely composed of that element. So a physical elemental would be shards of steel flying around in a semi human shape, a toxic elemental would be a horde of wasps in the form of a man, fire is obviously pure fire walking around, and spectral would be distorted light and flecks of spectral energy outlining this form.

Only able to hold one, but a pure expression of the element, not a demon.

I liked your idea with the elements and would like to expand on that with the option of the evoker being able to switch the type of his 'elemental minion' on a whim so as to fit the situation he's in. (On that note if possible also change the animations of the force Elemental attack please so it'dn't look like he's trying to make a 'force nova' but only attacking one target in reality unlike the spectral elemental that does a nova and does hit multiple targets. Please? For both the Evoker and the Summoner that is.)
On as for your other notes... well they make sense in that the MM are usually solo operators but If you want an excuse to give a mini drone to the Templars you'd only have to read the books where several times it's noted that the templars while outdoors either in their vehicle or on foot deployed scout-drones as an early warning system as well as AIs in their suits for better performances, healing etc. On that note I took a glace at the books again and got inspired.
I did say these guys should have helpers, but thy not as personalised rides? like a jet-pack with wings to get the MM into the safty/warzone in the air to shoot from?
As to the templars... well either robotic horses to ride on into the fight or 'Priest' to 'pray' out for more auras and or mana to use in the fight. Any thoughts or comments?
“THROUGH me you pass into the city of woe:   
Through me you pass into eternal pain:   
Through me among the people lost for aye.   
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”
Charon, Inferno Canto III line 1-3+9.

pennywise1

• Founder
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #17 on: Apr 23, 2010; 12:55 PM »
Quote from: "wood"
As to the templars... well either robotic horses to ride on into the fight or 'Priest' to 'pray' out for more auras and or mana to use in the fight. Any thoughts or comments?

Robotic horses... Wood... When I say the following I am not mad in any way or trying to make you upset... I am just stating a fact... If there are not animations made or the thing does not even exist in the game(Like a freakin robot horse to ride on) then it is not possible to have in the game... They can only put things in the game that are already there but just not implemented into the game... So please... When asking a question about something that pops into your head... Ask yourself these 2 simple questions... Are there animations for it?... Have you ever seen anything even remotely the same in the game... There... That's all... If you think these questions are yes then feel free to post the question(s)... Good day.

For jet packs see above response for the horse...

Oh and as for the priests that would just make the aura skills a moot point... And that would be a little cheap imo... Either way though the Templars do not have a summon skill so I do not think it is possible.

Pop? What pop?
You said you worked magic on me to do away with all the popping.
There should\'nt be any popping.
There\'s protective magic! You said so! Make it protect!

wood

• Named
« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2010; 02:53 PM »
Quote from: "pennywise1"
Quote from: "wood"

Robotic horses... Wood... When I say the following I am not mad in any way or trying to make you upset... I am just stating a fact... If there are not animations made or the thing does not even exist in the game(Like a freakin robot horse to ride on) then it is not possible to have in the game... They can only put things in the game that are already there but just not implemented into the game... So please... When asking a question about something that pops into your head... Ask yourself these 2 simple questions... Are there animations for it?... Have you ever seen anything even remotely the same in the game... There... That's all... If you think these questions are yes then feel free to post the question(s)... Good day.

For jet packs see above response for the horse...

Oh and as for the priests that would just make the aura skills a moot point... And that would be a little cheap imo... Either way though the Templars do not have a summon skill so I do not think it is possible.

I see your points. With the current restrictions of only what's in the game already not much can be done... but maybe... :idea:  Look this maybe a shot in the dark but what about illusions? A copy-paste of yourself that serves nothing more than a temporary wall. Meaning that while there will be templars or even hunters if you wish taking in damage that has no effect whatsoever but also give no damage either! Just a delay tactic while you get good and ready to mow them down.

pennywise1

• Founder
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #19 on: Apr 23, 2010; 04:36 PM »
Is there anything remotely like that in the game? Are there animations for a doppelganger?... No really... I was being serious about those questions... If the answer is yes... Post the question... If the answer is no to even one of them do not ask it in the Hellgate: London Modifications thread... This thread is for modifications that can be done in the game... Not adding new things... You need to learn where to post things Wood... If you continue to post these kind of questions wherever you feel like it will result in a warning.

Pop? What pop?
You said you worked magic on me to do away with all the popping.
There should\'nt be any popping.
There\'s protective magic! You said so! Make it protect!

wood

• Named
« Reply #20 on: Apr 23, 2010; 05:40 PM »
Quote from: "pennywise1"
Is there anything remotely like that in the game? Are there animations for a doppelganger?... No really... I was being serious about those questions... If the answer is yes... Post the question... If the answer is no to even one of them do not ask it in the Hellgate: London Modifications thread... This thread is for modifications that can be done in the game... Not adding new things... You need to learn where to post things Wood... If you continue to post these kind of questions wherever you feel like it will result in a warning.

I really have been parrotting myself have I eh? :oops: Sorry for that. Well I guess I ran out of ideas. You also made a point that the templar are well established as the 'tank' type and are quite blanced at that. So I will ask this:
If you could have added any 'helper/personal' summon for either the blademaster the guardian or the Mark's Man (Never mind if they need it or not), and noting the game restrictions what would you chose?

ZenZombie

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #21 on: Apr 23, 2010; 11:56 PM »
This really isn't the place for it wood, as penny said. If you want to make a suggestion, as a concrete idea though and with reason, and an explanation why it fits the worlds logic, then feel free to, but in the appropriate spot of general.

If you keep posting stuff in wrong sections, not listening why your suggestions don't fit, not that they are bad, just that they don't fit this world, I will just delete them and tell you why I did.

Note, I am all for you making suggestions, giving feedback, and ideas, but in the appropriate sections, with thought out ideas and explanations why. Before you feel bad, I have been told this also before, because I didn't full communicate ideas for spells, now I only give full ideas, or at least ones with reason.

Even partial ideas with good reasoning are good, but when it is not clear what you want out of what you are suggesting, and why it should even be considered, it is inefficient.

Thank you.
All compounded things are ephemeral; work diligently on your salvation

Character Planner