Author Topic: 000PS, DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?  (Read 1941 times)

Talonsedge

• Founder
  • Named
000PS, DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?
« on: Feb 01, 2010; 07:04 PM »
Sometimes its hard to discribe what might be wrong when there are allot of factors involved. So here it is, see if you can figure out if my elevator dosent go to the top floor... :roll: I did not do a fresh install of HG:L  when i did the  Revival patch modification 1.2. but, i did follow all the steps to install the patch. I am playing an Engineer @ lvl 44 in Elite NM. I am not a Tech in anyway  :shock: I am in monument station working the quest of "Kingwilliam st" , "Thread the needle", "Cannon st rail", so on.  The monsters are 8 lvls higher than me. (1) I spend hours working to get to the next location getting little or no xp. I press on and make it to the next location. (2) The same here as before. (3) At this time, i drop back a couple staions and lvl up with monsters my lvl. (4) I still have my "PRD" so i head back and enter Cannon street rail  :( I get greeted right away with 7 Vortex wraths @ lvl (51) 1 is legendary 4 are rare, i procede to die quickly, over and over, till i get frustrated and exit out. :oops:  My reason for not doing a fresh install of HG:L , i didnt want to lose 3 lvl 50 players and a couple more in mid 40"s. One of wich has some realy kick butt gear and weapons. Dont get  :evil:  if this is in the wrong spot I never post anything anywhere. All responses are welcome, good, bad and ugly  :lol:

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: 000PS, DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010; 07:11 PM »
So... erm... what exactly is your problem? Are the monsters too strong for you? Sounds like everything is working as it should... The best place to level is in areas with monsters around your level (+/-3 levels). If the level difference is too big you won't gain any exp. This is just the way Hellgate London was programmed. Additionally there is a "respawn" timer, that respawns all monsters in an area if you wait too long.
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

Talonsedge

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2010; 07:34 PM »
:) Thank you very much for the info. I thought maybe because i didn't do a fresh install, it might have changed things. I guess it was more of a question about if that particular part of the game, lvl of monsters had been modified in that area. But now i know i didn't do anything wrong. And you are right, it is the way HG:L was made. I never stopped playing. Now i know i just have to do what i always have done with other characters. The most awesome game i have ever played......HELLGATE: LONDON!!!!!! And words enough cant describe what fantastic work Hellgate Revival has done and continues to do :)

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010; 07:45 PM »
If levelling should get too tiresome you can always install one of the other optional mods like Quest for death  or something like that :) You can always revert back to the original Revival 1.2 patch by simply reinstalling the 1.2 patch via the new launcher.
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

Talonsedge

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010; 08:21 PM »
OH!! Ive got to try that. Ok, dumb question, just how do i do it?...your laughing arent you...its ok, i am too. death quest, drolling heavy...lol. Do i use the add mod on the new launcher?   :)  Is there a step by step process? This is my rig..Windows vista64 bit, Intel "Core" 2 Quad Q9300 Quad-Core Processor,6GB DDR2 Dual channel, NVIDA HD 9800GT Video 512 DR3 on board chip, 8 Channel 7.1 HD Audio. I want to play the death quest hard mod..And thank you for your time  :)

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010; 08:35 PM »
No problem :)

I >>think<< you'll be able to run the "hard" version (it uses up lots of CPU power rather than GPU). If this won't run, just download one of the other two version and just repeate the install steps. The old files will just be overwritten.

Well... basically it's as easy as Tirex mentions in his "Quest for death" post:

Installation:
Download desired mode.
Run the Launcher.
Install mod package.

You can install this mod the same way you installed the Revival 1.2 patch, as the patch is nothing else than a mod :)

1. Download the "QFD hard.mod.zip" and save it to e.g. "C:temp"
2. Start the "newLauncher.exe" and got to "Options -> Program Settings"
3. Check the box "Enable expert mode" (this is necessary as you want to overwrite existing files) and click "Ok"
4. Click "Install mod package", wait for the program to check your installation, then click "Next"
5. Click the "Select package" button next to "Install from a mod package (*.mod.zip)", browse to "C:temp" and select the mod package and click "Next"
6. Make sure the mod is selected (green check mark on the left), then click "Next"
7. Ignore the warning (you WANT to override the old file) and click "Ok"
8. Wait for the program to mod the necessary files
9. You're done :)

We generally recommend starting "Hellgate: London" via the "newLauncher.exe" as it will create a backup of your characters everytime you start the game. This will come in handy in case one of the mods goes haywire and corrupts your save games.
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

Talonsedge

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2010; 06:28 AM »
Thank you very much Kite. It works to perfection. And i had a tremendous amount of fun. I only use the Revival launcher to start playing. What was cool is, All my players have the cube now as well. I kept downloading the mods and couldn't get them to work. Thanks to you, i know why. I  forgot i had to open options and program settings on the Revival launcher  :roll: So now I'm like a kid in a toy store :lol:  Again, thank you for your time.

riem

• Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2010; 12:39 AM »
Never had any problems with mobs 7+ levels higher than me.
You should consider changing gear, +15% to HP is amazing.

Coldheart

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2010; 01:48 AM »
Quote from: "riem"
Never had any problems with mobs 7+ levels higher than me.
You should consider changing gear, +15% to HP is amazing.

yowza!
Really?
I an take a lvl-52MM, go back to Picadilly circus and get killed real fast.
Armour doesn't seem to matter at all, hp for any char I have runs between 1200 to 1600.
I can get maybe 2-3 seconds extra life on a MM if I have 2 or 3 points in overshield, or happen to use a Fawkes force five and get lucky to have the bonus go into shields.

Maybe a variable mod for people to select a rate of fire increase or damage range increase for the riles/shotguns... sometimes the low rate of fire weapons could use a multiplie of 4   :shock:  , other times something like a arclight fusion could use a RoF of 1200   8-)  instead of current 600.  

LOL   :mrgreen:
each to his own!

err.. correction; can die just as easily in Covent Gardens trying to take out shulgoth - elite nm lvl-52 MM ( and I don't have the extra killer monster patches in )
Coldheart
Insanity generally means crazy, a measure of normality should be called outsanity.
Does that mean that the measurement of such is in units of sanity ?