Author Topic: Long time no see  (Read 509 times)

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
Long time no see
« on: Jun 17, 2021; 02:18 AM »
Hello to any old time members
I didn't realise this was till going and I'd given up after the end of Hellgate.aus when the lead said he was quitting due to needing to develop a gems with income and not this.
Was quite active with the modding back in the past.
really good to see this is still about  :D
Nostalgia... Isn't what it used to be

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: Long time no see
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2021; 12:36 PM »
Wave  ;)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
    • Sphere of Sephiroth
« Reply #2 on: Jun 19, 2021; 03:14 AM »
Long time indeed. Some of us "Old Guardians" are still around. Cant believe it has been nearly 12 years since i joined Hellgate.aus. Oh how the time flies...too fast if you ask me.
Sphere of Sephiroth (Esoteric Group) forum https://sephiroth.freeforums.net/

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2021; 11:54 AM »
Waves back  ;) ;D

And good to see a familiar avatar still going strong here and flames still burning  8)

Just trying now to remember what patches, launchers, revival, reanimator etc, etc to use and slap where....plus the added fun of this dual install for the new london 2038 as well.

I even had to read my own read me in my mods to try remember how to install my own weapon skins and painted shields mods for sp  :P

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2021; 07:37 PM »
Hi guys :)

Wow... it's really incredible how many of the old folks are still here. That's what I call dedication O.o
Today I stumbled over an old HDD and found an HGL installation on it and it started up just perfectly, so I thought I might as well check out the old/new board :)

Don't expect me to hang around for long though ;)
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2021; 11:39 PM »
helloooooo  :D :D :D

I even had to read my own read me in my mods to try remember how to install my own weapon skins and painted shields mods for sp

right, and i won't even understand what any of the stuff in my own mod installer means even tho i wrote it and even asked for help to make sire i understand what am doing.

do, uh, going to mod in some home-made freshness or just enjoy existing mods for a bit?   ;)
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Jaknet

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2021; 03:30 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ... Nice to know it's not just me that doesn't even remember what / how the hell I was doing things back then...lol  ;D ;D ;D

do, uh, going to mod in some home-made freshness or just enjoy existing mods for a bit?

Probable play a bit to get some of the shields / weapons / armour in game / in stash and see what I get up to.  Tidying up some of what's been done (some are missing the distance versions so it looks weird with the skins appearing nearer and vanishing further away) and probably some new bits as well.

Will have to see how motivation goes as not feeling anywhere near my best, plus dead graphics cards don't help... still at least HG:L SP is even older than my ancient spare card so I guess that's something  8)
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2021; 03:37 PM by Jaknet »

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2021; 10:42 AM »
aaaah, also suffering from a loss of videocard? i lost mine a while ago. there are several games - Hellgate included - that i've never played on high graphics settings.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.