Author Topic: No Faction Requierment (WEAPONS) (MOD)  (Read 32100 times)

belhawk

• Founder
  • Named
Re: No Faction Requierment (WEAPONS) (MOD)
« Reply #45 on: Jan 05, 2010; 07:08 PM »
i am running it with 1.2 with no problem that i can see.
cpu]

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2010; 04:18 AM »
Updated by me on Demon's behalf so it's compatible with 1.2.
There were some changes made in 1.2 to the items file, so even though you may not see those changes straightaway, you may well do so later on.
2 examples are:
6x mutant quality dye kits, each adds +1 to all class skills.
Low Yield Warheads now stack. This is the quest item for "Fetch, Boy".

RJ Mayhem

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2010; 05:48 PM »
Quote from: "Malachor"
Updated by me on Demon's behalf so it's compatible with 1.2.
There were some changes made in 1.2 to the items file, so even though you may not see those changes straightaway, you may well do so later on.
2 examples are:
6x mutant quality dye kits, each adds +1 to all class skills.
Low Yield Warheads now stack. This is the quest item for "Fetch, Boy".

Thanks
HGG IGN
Jenara = 55/50 Engineer
Demonita = 55/50 Summoner
Gunard = 55/50 Guardian
Nonny = 50/3 Blademaster

acguarnica

• Nameless
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/thecursedland
« Reply #48 on: Jan 23, 2010; 06:23 PM »
Heh, I'm new here so I'm going to try this bad boy out.  I've always wanted to criss cross weaponry amoung characters. Now's my chance.  Thanks for this Mod!
[color=#00[size=50][size=200][size=150][/size][/size][/size]40BF]The Tree of Liberty must be cleansed from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants- Thomas Jefferson[/color]

flarebright

• Nameless
« Reply #49 on: Feb 03, 2010; 12:41 AM »
I would like to second request for a version of this mod that would apply to armor as well.
I could be a fun way to reinvent characters.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #50 on: Feb 03, 2010; 01:19 AM »
Quote from: "flarebright"
I would like to second request for a version of this mod that would apply to armor as well.
I could be a fun way to reinvent characters.
If it worked properly yes, but, I think these posts, from the first page, explain it.
Quote from: "Berit"
Quote from: "Demon86RJC"
Quote from: "MJ12"
I wonder if you can't do one for armor as well. That'd be.. a hoot, certainly.

I tried to but the armour's textures messed up so it don't work good.

It probably has something to do with the 3D model files being different for each Character Class, the reference in the items.txt file is only for the 'texture' file I think and not the actual model and animation files, so the armour's don't 'fit' properly anymore

flarebright

• Nameless
« Reply #51 on: Feb 06, 2010; 11:30 PM »
Ah I missed that before.  Thank you for explanation

MrObvious

• Nameless
    • http://iknowwhatilike.us
« Reply #52 on: Feb 25, 2010; 06:20 AM »
this has got to be the most awesome mod yet!
can't hardly wait!
Me, I\'m just a lawnmower. You can tell me by the way that I walk.
http://iknowwhatilike.us

Dobri

• Nameless
« Reply #53 on: Apr 14, 2010; 04:52 PM »
Thank you for this mod!

This mod finally made me play the Summoner more extensively. I've done a quick test run with her before and gave up on her on level 10. She doesn't have much in terms of weapons and the minions' AI is awful. They're either charging headlong in battle or they simply sit and wait. In both cases, it's the summoner that suffers from this behavior. Now with this mod, the Summoner can finally do something useful him/herself rather than sit and wait on the summonings to do their work, use mind control devices or try to fire underrated guns.

SydonaiHGL

• Nameless
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2010; 04:18 PM »
This mod is absolutely fantastic!!  Thank you SO very much!

Tallen

• Nameless
« Reply #55 on: Sep 05, 2010; 02:44 AM »
This is a fantastic mod, thx for this!

I love using it with the Templar class, sword in one hand and smg in the other. The one thing that had always bugged me about the Templars was that they had no cool guns, even though in many of the cinematics they were using hunter weapons. Too bad we can't use it in MP, that would be sweet.
Also, I don't see how it's supposed to break anything. Powerful weapons only become really powerful with the corresponding skills. My templar with his smg has aweful accuracy obviously and a hunter with a sword is just like any other noob using a weapon he knows nothing about. Since you can't use any of the special class attacks all you get is the base weapons, nothing more, with your attributes likely being totaly useless for those weapons anyway, so it's just good fun without breaking anything, and some convenience thrown in. :)

PeeterMcG

• Eldest
« Reply #56 on: Sep 05, 2010; 06:27 AM »
Quote from: "Tallen"
Also, I don't see how it's supposed to break anything. Powerful weapons only become really powerful with the corresponding skills. My templar with his smg has aweful accuracy obviously...  ...Since you can't use any of the special class attacks all you get is the base weapons, nothing more, with your attributes likely being totaly useless for those weapons anyway, so it's just good fun without breaking anything, and some convenience thrown in. :)
Opinions vary.
Did you ever play or run with a well-built and equipped gundian in MP?
"Don't argue with idiots -- they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Quote from: RoanK
i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about,
Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Leitner

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #57 on: Sep 05, 2010; 06:59 AM »
Quote from: "PeeterMcG"
Quote from: "Tallen"
Also, I don't see how it's supposed to break anything. Powerful weapons only become really powerful with the corresponding skills. My templar with his smg has aweful accuracy obviously...  ...Since you can't use any of the special class attacks all you get is the base weapons, nothing more, with your attributes likely being totaly useless for those weapons anyway, so it's just good fun without breaking anything, and some convenience thrown in. :)
Opinions vary.
Did you ever play or run with a well-built and equipped gundian in MP?

Peter is correct. While playing a hunter with a sword probably won't get you very far playing a gundian with a pair of hus might. Or even worse a marksmen dual weilding 7s vorpals with shrapnel on hit combined with multishot. In general most of the combos will not be over powered but a few might indeed be gamebreaking.
We are Templar, while we breathe, we defend.

thumper

« Reply #58 on: Sep 05, 2010; 09:27 AM »
I played a Guardian SP (tank) with DAWES1313 Templar mod which gave me access to a cluster rifle ALA the cinematic. Horribly OP for most of the game but I eventually switched to Boards and Swords as the handguns, although Uber Cool looking, seemed to only be useful if you could fill them with on-hit Shrapnel mods. And horribly inaccurate (not good in some end-game levels).

I did run with a L50R15 Gundian a few times in MP. 5 member team, I was the MM/Sniper/Striker dude along with an Evoker, Tank Summoner and and an Engie. Many times we let the guy/girl Gundian run Molly by her/himself and we would just pick off the priests and random summoned dick-head demon cannon fodder. Poor old Molly never stood a chance against him/her  :D .

Huskie

• Nameless
« Reply #59 on: Sep 09, 2010; 12:55 AM »
Any chance this could be made compatible with seferoth's compile mod?

If I just install this one after the compile I end up losing several, if not all, of the compile's new features, and if I do it the other way around, the faction restrictions still apply.