Author Topic: Reanimator r1135 -- Updated 2013-01-01  (Read 39247 times)

alex2069

• Developer
  • Nameless
Re: Reanimator r1135 -- Updated 2013-01-01
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2013; 06:16 AM »
I strongly suspect it will be a nightmare to fix - there were a huge number of update to character file loading and field discovery (I went on an ASM digging spree at one point lol), and the item trading part didn't really keep up with it... It was mostly Kite's area, and he was busy finishing off Uni and/or starting Work.
It would be nice to have it working, so I'll look into it and see how bad it's broken...

Krokenoster

• Nameless
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2013; 05:20 PM »
I strongly suspect it will be a nightmare to fix - there were a huge number of update to character file loading and field discovery (I went on an ASM digging spree at one point lol), and the item trading part didn't really keep up with it... It was mostly Kite's area, and he was busy finishing off Uni and/or starting Work.
It would be nice to have it working, so I'll look into it and see how bad it's broken...

Hey alex how is the fixing of the reanimator coming along??? No rush was just wondering wanted to use it today and saw that it had that error so please let me know

PeterJM

• Nameless
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2013; 03:40 AM »
Thanks Alex - whatever you can do but I understand the issue of the effort involved.
I didn't think you had worked on the Item Trading part anyway so just assumed it would be as functional as in V1.1.0 - yet it now doesn't work at all. This suggests the 'new' bug would be just due to the rebuild/recompile under .net4 (unless there has been a bit of incomplete work done on it before you got involved). Given what you say though it explains why even the old version fails on some characters I have.

Thanks anyway

Peter

alex2069

• Developer
  • Nameless
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2013; 04:30 AM »
Thanks Alex - whatever you can do but I understand the issue of the effort involved.
I didn't think you had worked on the Item Trading part anyway so just assumed it would be as functional as in V1.1.0 - yet it now doesn't work at all. This suggests the 'new' bug would be just due to the rebuild/recompile under .net4 (unless there has been a bit of incomplete work done on it before you got involved). Given what you say though it explains why even the old version fails on some characters I have.

Thanks anyway

Peter
Nah, it's nothing to do with .Net4 or anything.
I couldn't even begin to speculate why some characters fail to work on the old version.
I really only dealt with cracking the character file format and loading/saving it - not the item trading GUI or anything like that (which was pretty much all Kite) - and to my knowledge, character file loading/saving was working for every character I'd tried at the time. Kite wrote a wrapper for the character file and a ton of GUI related stuff, so it's possible, if not quite likely (he wrote a huge amount of code for it) that there's a bug in there somewhere... I'm hoping it's not in the character file... It's been quite a while since I dug around in the client, so it would be far from quick to fix. x.x
But yea, the Item Trading part hasn't changed much since 1.1.0, but when I updated more of the character file, the Item Trading features weren't updated with it (which is what needs to be fixed now).

Hey alex how is the fixing of the reanimator coming along??? No rush was just wondering wanted to use it today and saw that it had that error so please let me know

Done a bit on it - it's passing the load character stage now, so just need to fix the GUI related stuff (damn I hate GUIs lol).

prastie

• Nameless
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2013; 04:34 PM »
Thank you for doing this.

calleguapo69

• Nameless
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013; 09:10 AM »
does reanimator.r1135 work on a 64bit OS?????

KelticRaven

• Nameless
  • Fighter, Mage, Hellgater!
« Reply #21 on: Aug 27, 2013; 09:05 PM »

Good question. In as I have Windows 8 loaded on my main machine this question affects me. So I will ask it again.

1) Does the reanimator work on 64bit OS & Windows 8 directly?
         2) Is there a walk through guide for learning to use the Reanimator?

I have just downloaded the newest file from here.. and I am interested in learning to use it. With the current system I should have no issues with Memory or Space (10 Gigs of Memory & 1.5 Terabytes of Hard drive space!
Man is the one thing that Hell has NO Defense for! The unyielding fighter....fueled by Faith..Faith in himself!

JamesJB

• Nameless
« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2014; 07:23 AM »

Good question. In as I have Windows 8 loaded on my main machine this question affects me. So I will ask it again.

1) Does the reanimator work on 64bit OS & Windows 8 directly?
         2) Is there a walk through guide for learning to use the Reanimator?

I have just downloaded the newest file from here.. and I am interested in learning to use it. With the current system I should have no issues with Memory or Space (10 Gigs of Memory & 1.5 Terabytes of Hard drive space!

Sorry for restarting a old post but would like to know about this also but for Windows 7 Pro.  Reanimator keeps giving me a Unhandled Exception every time I try to load a character for item Trading.

LordKas

• Nameless
  • Someone said Spaghetti? :D
« Reply #23 on: Jun 20, 2014; 02:51 AM »
Hello,

I tried to run Reanimator on my HGL: Revival 1.5 b1 (installed from original CD with 1.5 b1 Launcher + chest fix (installed with old launcher) on Windows 7 x64 dx9 with .NET Framework 4) to use the trade item function.

This is the path configured in the option (Mod Path not found, maybe because i installed with new Launcher? There is not match in my pc for "Scripts" folder!).

After had removed the weapons from slot (F1, F2, F3) and backuped characters, Reanimator  show me this error.

Can anyone help me? :-X
* AKA Damon Mortis on eRepublike-Sim Primerae-Sim Suna

Dragfest

• Nameless
« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2015; 05:47 PM »
Can anyone help me? :-X

I have the same problem as LordKas

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #25 on: Sep 18, 2015; 01:47 AM »
Don't worry about the scripts path, reanimator works without it being set properly.
And item trading doesn't work, and hasn't since version 1.1.1.

Kyle873

• Nameless
« Reply #26 on: Mar 02, 2016; 09:57 PM »
Don't worry about the scripts path, reanimator works without it being set properly.
And item trading doesn't work, and hasn't since version 1.1.1.

I supposed this is also the case with the character editor as well? I've been fiddling with the source trying to get it to load any characters I have, but it gets stuck in all kinds of different places with null object issues or failing to read things and I don't understand enough about the save format to really fix any of it.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #27 on: Mar 03, 2016; 01:47 AM »
I supposed this is also the case with the character editor as well?
Yep.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #28 on: Mar 26, 2016; 02:34 AM »
There is no such thing as hell difficulty in the rest of the files, only normal and nightmare.

Sumerisle

• Nameless
« Reply #29 on: Mar 28, 2016; 08:12 PM »
woooow.

reanimator is so hard and unsolvly.I search it many times. and just code,code, and CODES!!
it is useful, but hard... ???