Author Topic: After getting rid of error message code 80154002  (Read 9265 times)

WorldSaver

• Founder
  • Nameless
After getting rid of error message code 80154002
« on: Oct 27, 2010; 07:02 PM »
Geez, finally after getting rid of error message code 80154002, I can finally connect to Games for Windows Live. I think I am going to cry.

[Steam does it better. I don't have such problem as non connection]

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
Re: After getting rid of error message code 80154002
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2010; 02:51 AM »
Dont feel bad, I still cant play Bio Shock 2, because Games for Windows Live says that my XBox 360 controller isn't configured. I dont own a XBox and I dont own a controller.
All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again.

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Personal Text Goes Here :)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2010; 10:56 AM »
I hate Steam  :x

Beneath Modern London Lives a Tribe of Once Humans. Neither Men Nor Women...They Are the Raw Meat Of The Human Race!

Per Ardua ad Astra

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2010; 02:19 AM »
Aaah, so you like that buggy piece of shit named Games for Windows Live? I have owned BS2 since its release and I have never been abill to play it, at least Steam will let me play my games
All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again.

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2010; 02:34 AM »
Nope don't like any crap like but at least i can install steam games without steam and i had a few problems with GFW with bioshock just make a new account and try my biggest problem was going to win 7 couldn't get any GFW games to play, Just had to copy GFW from my old XP to win 7 and all good again :)

Wild i miss the days where you just bought a game on Cd installed without any shit and played  :x

Beneath Modern London Lives a Tribe of Once Humans. Neither Men Nor Women...They Are the Raw Meat Of The Human Race!

Per Ardua ad Astra

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2010; 09:46 AM »
So do I brother, so do I.

I bought BS2 on disk (retail) and I still cant play it, their DRM sucks!! I bought FEAR 2 on disk (retail) and it forced me to use my Steam account to run it.

What ever happened to buying a game on disk and being a-bill to play it without the DRM bullshit of having to play on-line, what happened to disk check? that was a "good" form of DRM, at least you could play a game you payed for.

Maybe I should start a new thread, I'm getting wound up and derailing this one.

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2010; 02:46 PM »
Any thing Steam you buy on disk or download you can just extract the Sim files and use a crack thats what i do but i still buy the games just don't use steam with GFW live you just have to make an account .
I always thought GFW Live was so PC and Oxbox could play together

Per Ardua ad Astra

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2010; 02:08 AM »
Yeah GFW live was originally for that, but the experiment ended badly (unless they brought it back), the PC players were just stomping the shit out of the console players in matches.

The problem I'm having is, logged in or not the game keeps saying I need to configure my console to play, so I do the work around then the game crashes. This has happened on 3 different computers.

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2010; 02:32 AM »
Thats because PC players RULE

Odd problem with GFWL never seen that one before mine just kept asking for me to make an account  :x

Per Ardua ad Astra

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2010; 02:52 AM »
Yeah really odd issue, but whats funny is I started a thread in their forums to discuss the problem and find a way to fix it, the thread was deleted shortly after I posted it and I was warned that they know about the issue and not to bring it up again

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2010; 03:50 AM »
WTF 2k assholes Did you try and make another offline account

Launch the game. Open the Windows Live menu.
If you are already logged onto a profile (local or online), sign out (Create profile button will only become visible when you aren't logged into anything)
Click on Create new profile button
In the dialog box that pops up DO NOT hit continue. Hitting continue will take you to a registration page for an ONLINE profile – that's not what we want.
Once in the Create Gamer Profile window, scroll down so that you can see the bottom paragraph
Look for the hyperlinked created a local profile link in last paragraph. Clicking this will allow you to create a new offline profile

I had to follow this guys instructions several times  :x

Per Ardua ad Astra

Wildman

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • Mental Case
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2010; 04:23 AM »
It wasn't 2K's forums it was GFW Live, 2K actually gave me the same info you just did and offered to trade me for a new game disk (wow it only took them months of bitching) just in case it or the activation key was the problem, now I'm just waiting for it to get here.

Rawmeat

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #12 on: Oct 31, 2010; 06:42 AM »
Lets hope it works  :)

Per Ardua ad Astra

WorldSaver

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2010; 09:27 AM »
I am currently using Win XP SP3, 32-bit. The ONLY reason I had for installing Games for Windows Live was this:

It came with a freebie called "Red Faction Guerilla" which uses Games for Windows Live for on-line play. [The Steam version is also available  :D ] Not that I like any of them but they work OK for me.

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

I had my fair share of problems trying to make GFWL work (Steam was problem free). This was how I did it on my system:

a. Open up the required ports as dictated by Microsoft. I am currently using McAfee Firewall:

b. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 + hot fixes.
c. Download the GFWL client and install it.

d. Apply GFWL hot fix:

e. Reboot Win XP and then activate GFWL.

f. Create a  :evil: TOTALLY :evil:  brand new account for your country from  :mrgreen: Microsoft :mrgreen:  even if you had an existing one. After this, log in. However, you will receive the famous  "80154002" code. Fret not!

g. Click the error code which will then take you to the Live Xbox page. Create an account using the user ID you have used for the GFWL account. Of course, use a different password this time. After this, set the country code again. This is to be the same as that for GFWL + Live XBox account.

h. Activate GFWL.

i. Activate the game.

:arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

It looks like this after I start up the game

RedChaos

• SpamBot
  • Founder
  • Named
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2010; 10:42 AM »
I tend to look up PC games on wikipedia to see what DRM they will have.

Fate - through Encore = Really basic , just wants the disk to be there when you install
Torchlight -same

There are a few others that use a real basic DRM. Hard to find them though.
So I just play on Steam now for the most part.
If I am going to have DRM , I minus well know what it is at least.