Author Topic: Mouse issue. (HG:L)  (Read 288 times)

FusIntel

• Nameless
Mouse issue. (HG:L)
« on: Oct 13, 2019; 08:34 PM »
Hello.

After switching from the steam version to Revival there seems to be a clear problem of the latter one with the mouse clicks not registering.

Basically, whether i don't touch the mouse and try to click on something (or attack, for what matter) the command either won't go through, or if it does, it will repeat indefinitely until i move the mouse again, which is extremely annoying, because using the inventory's radial menu is now almost impossible, due to the aforementioned repeat.

Any idea what causes this? Because it doesn't seem to be the mouse what does it, otherwise it would've transferred to Global, wouldn't it?

Thanks in advance.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Mouse issue. (HG:L)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2019; 01:59 AM »
Interesting, this is the first time I've seen anyone have this issue.
I've had global, the original online version, and revival installed on the same computer with no problems. I don't have the steam version though.
Has anything changed between installing steam global and revival? Mouse drivers, video card drivers, anything? Did you install revival(and base hellgate london) over the top of steam global, or somewhere else?
It's a bit hard to say without more information about the situation.

FusIntel

• Nameless
Re: Mouse issue. (HG:L)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2019; 10:34 AM »
Interesting, this is the first time I've seen anyone have this issue.
I've had global, the original online version, and revival installed on the same computer with no problems. I don't have the steam version though.
Has anything changed between installing steam global and revival? Mouse drivers, video card drivers, anything? Did you install revival(and base hellgate london) over the top of steam global, or somewhere else?
It's a bit hard to say without more information about the situation.

I've sort of figured it out. The problem disappeared after I've mounted back my totally-not-pirated copy of London, and weirdly enough, after I've unmounted it as well.
Seems like the game needed to get some kind of data from the disk image to function properly (if you think about it, what connection would probably explain why no-cd's are nowhere to be found on the internet).

Anyway, thanks again.

Update: Never mind all of that, the reason was actually much simpler than i thought, the bug only happens after you alt-tab, the game runs perfectly fine otherwise.
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2019; 12:20 PM by FusIntel »