Author Topic: Is the install guide from 2009 on these forums the most up to date?  (Read 468 times)

matacka

• Nameless
Hi all. I stumbled across some videos/streams of HGL and the nostalgia hit hard  :'(. I was looking to install everything to the most updated patch version with all of the QOL goodies but had some issues with the QOL stuff not installing due to missing files. Is the 2009 install guide still relevant or is there another updated guide somewhere? Sorry, I am sure this has been asked before, but I had a moment to make a post and am looking forward to getting the game up and running later in the day.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2017; 06:21 PM by matacka »

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
depends on what do you want to install.

generally, you'll need 1.2 SP patch no matter what big mod you want to play. then, depending on the mod, you'll need either old launcher or new launcher plus MP patch.

also, what exactly are you trying to install and what problems do you encounter?

most updated patch version
official singleplayer patch version 1.2 is the latest one
with all of the QOL goodies
now i'm not sure what exactly are you referring to, but here you have a lot of choices. you could stay with just official patch, you could try out one of many smaller mods, you could get Revival mod, which is pretty big, but deviates the least from "normal" Hellgate. then you can have Kikina's unofficial Revival update, which adds some stuff that haven't been seen before in singleplayer or at all! and then you can also have Lost London which modifies some things and alters the feeling of the game in some ways, but is closer to unmodded singleplayer in terms of content than most other big mods.

so it's pretty much more about what exactly do you want  :D

i like Lost London, for example - basic game is too short and too easy - Lost London eradicates both of those flaws.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2017; 06:29 PM by Violet-n-Red »
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

matacka

• Nameless
Thanks for quickly replying. Right now all that I am trying to do is run the Revival sp modification thing. A streamer I watched suggested 2.3 or something? Anyways, I installed the game, the launcher and on the mod launcher have selected - increased mod stash - quest item pickup ect, but when i install it says "cannot install, dependence missing mp_hellgate_1.10.180 ect... and it seems that when the game launches, it is just the regular non modded SP experience.

I bet my mistake is something minor, perhaps you know what's happening here? Thanks again!

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
missing mp_hellgate_1.10.180
it seems like you need multiplayer (MP) patch. if you have it already - you'll need to launch multiplayer once before attempting to install any mods that may require MP files (just launching multiplayer from launcher and quitting after getting to login screen will be enough)

patches can be found here: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-download-patches/
general installation instructions here: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/the-'new'-launcher-(for-revival-1-5-and-up)/
A streamer I watched suggested 2.3 or something?
that would be Kikina's unofficial Revival update i mentioned earlier, i assume you already have it, but still, here's the link: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-downloads/unofficial-revival-sp-modification-2-3/
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

matacka

• Nameless
I will attempt this when I get back home and let you know if I was successful! Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

hukhuk

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • lowfive
Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

eh thats violet for you.

i would have given you occult instructions of sacrificing a virgin and mating with a goat. or maybe the other way round.

you know, goating a virgin and mating a sacrifice.

matacka

• Nameless
Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

eh thats violet for you.

i would have given you occult instructions of sacrificing a virgin and mating with a goat. or maybe the other way round.

you know, goating a virgin and mating a sacrifice.

LOL! Well, it looks like we missed out on that opportunity. Time to try and get HGL up and running. Cannot wait to relive some good memories!