Author Topic: Install issues  (Read 511 times)

Barachius

• Nameless
Install issues
« on: Jan 23, 2017; 10:48 AM »
I looked for someone else having this exact problem and I cant find anyone, so hopefully

So i'm back in the game... sort of...

I dug out my retail copy. The PC DVD games for windows labeled one.

I'm running windows 10,

I couldn't get the installer to work and I read i can just copy the game files from the DVD to my hard drive and it will work.
It "almost" got it to work...

My game "almost" starts up correctly, and will not patch.
Specs
Windows 10; fully updated
Client/game "Game for windows PC DVD box edition"

Error on start : Launcher could not find language.dat
It then will start up, loads correctly, I can create a new character or load an old character.

However when attempting to upate using the patch i get...
Launcher cannot find language.dat
Failed to load strings

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Install issues
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017; 11:23 AM »
Heya,welcome :)

I have next to no experience with Windows 10,so I don't know if copying the files over can be entirely successful. Hopefully others do know.
As for the file that you're missing though,I'll attach it to my post here. This needs to be extracted and normally goes in your Hellgate directory>Data folder.

If that doesn't work and you don't get much help here,feel free to join us on Discord and ask around :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Blackwoodforest

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017; 11:42 AM »
I have two more friends which experienced the same and similar issues, even unable to install the game as the game does not accept the game key for the registry etc.

Error on start : Launcher could not find language.dat
It then will start up, loads correctly, I can create a new character or load an old character.

I had this issue even on Win 7, but I tried to change the language manually so I reinstalled it with an english multiversion then.

Barachius

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2017; 04:15 AM »
I wiped it off completely and i tried running the installer with anti-virus off and in safe mode, will rubbing my belly and patting my head at the same time...

One or all of the above worked and it installed correctly and updated.

Not sure which,

But now that it's working and updated...

It doesn't really matter.