Author Topic: Help - what brings the single player game up to date?  (Read 589 times)

Helvetius

• Nameless
Is there a mod or something that takes the game to the latest version before it went offline that resembles the skill planner?

http://www.hellgateaus.info/planner/#Evoker

Thanks for your time!

Helvetius

• Nameless
Re: Help - what brings the single player game up to date?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2017; 09:02 PM »
What way will Revival go towards?

Nagahaku's seemingly very poppular mods or how hellgate global was?

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2017; 12:45 AM »
there is no mod that recreates Global's content perfectly. hovewer, from what i've read Revival and Nagahaku mods gets closest to that.

didn't try latest versions of Revival, but i'm playing Nahagahu right now - it feels a little bit too crazy at first, but later on everything falls in place. note, i'm not a fan of slow starting mods and definitely not a fan of "OP"/"overkill" sort of game mods, but this one turned out being balanced pretty well for me to enjoy it. plus it adds some new skills, which is also nice.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2017; 12:48 AM »
also, right now there is a multiplayer test happening, but it is available to very few people. new spots for testers becomes open from time to time, but none are available right now, it seems.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2017; 04:44 AM »
Both Revival, and Nagahaku are like the old multiplayer hellgate: london(to differing degrees), not global.
There's no mod like global.

Helvetius

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2017; 10:06 AM »
Thanks Malachor and Violet-n-Red.

I'm a bit hessitant to add the Nagahaku mod because I fear the game might be to easy.

No one really knows what direction Revival is going towards then? I guess their focus is getting mulitplayer to work, bringing the game forward after that is perhaps a later concern.

I noticed that my Evoker for instance lacks the multiple projectiles from demonspine which I'd forgotten it was that way before, now it feels strange with only patch 1.2 + revival so I might try that Nagahaku after all despite then perhaps getting used to slightly OP skills.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2017; 11:20 AM »
Nagahaku mod makes it so that Demonspine loses pierce, but get extra projectiles every 3 skill levels.

oh, and if you think some skills are OP, try Elite mode. you won't be able to have enoguh of those :P

also, that mod can be facecrushingly hard. if we exclude my suicidal rushes into Ancient Blood, my latest character died maybe 15 times in Elite mode on Normal difficulty. if we take my successful attempt to clear Ancient Blood into account, i died maybe 30 times (i could've died less if i bought some more defencive consumables tho).

Helvetius

• Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2017; 10:36 AM »
Talk about a different game, sort of felt like end game starting right away. Miss the feeling a little that the world is dead, now it's not it's completely over run. I do however enjoy lvling a lot faster and killing more. It also is not easy like I feared, at least some situations and some bosses that spawns are a fun challenge.