Author Topic: Hellgate installation  (Read 870 times)

hotpuddin

• Nameless
Hellgate installation
« on: Feb 27, 2017; 10:16 PM »
I've had no luck installing Hellgate from the DVD, it just hangs on 80% complete and never finishes
>I've loaded into safe mode, with Anti-Virus disabled
>also tried compatibility mode with all versions of windows
>I've been able to run the game from the Launcher, however I cannot run any of the patches or mods because it doesn't recognize the game actually being installed. Let me know if you kids have had similar situations or know of any regedits or work around for this.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
Re: Hellgate installation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2017; 10:57 PM »
for how long have you been waiting for it to finish installing? it is known for hanging at approximately that time for several minutes or so.

also, i've heard copying the whole thing on your hard drive manually can help. don't know any specifics.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

hotpuddin

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2017; 10:29 PM »
I deleted everything from the registry and directory. Loaded everything from the DVD to PC / gave it a good while to install... and it actually took. Thanks for the confidence to give it another go!

binyaqub

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2017; 12:35 PM »
I've had this problem on several pc's. Sometimes it does appear to hang, however Task Manager does not see a problem. Ultimately after a few attempts it loads. It can also refuse to install if it thinks your previous install attempt has not finished. I find a coffee and a smoke cures it. ;)

UniqueRelic

• A Shady One
  • Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2017; 09:42 PM »
i install mine through my iso rip of the disk. if i recall at this point its very slow because its bringing over some large files. if you have drive activity or disk just let it keep going. however an iso is much faster. specially if saved to a usb like i have. (seems like Déjà vu)