Author Topic: Game crashes after selecting singleplayer  (Read 461 times)

Shartak

• Nameless
Game crashes after selecting singleplayer
« on: Jun 20, 2018; 11:50 AM »
Hi,

So I installed Hellgate, patched it with MP and SP patches and installed revival mod. Until now there was no problem. I get to main menu as well. The problem is when I click singleplayer, loading screen with hint appears and immediatelly crashes with error message "Hellgate stopped working". Any help, guys?

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
Re: Game crashes after selecting singleplayer
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2018; 04:38 PM »
try reinstalling the game in following order

1 install the original game
2 create a character and play for a bit (just make it to the first station, takes 1-2min)
3 quit game and install sp patch
4 load the character you've created and play for a bit(enter a map and come back out)
5 quit game and install mp patch
6 load the character and play for a bit as you did in 4th step, then try loading pm login screen(will not be able to login to a server of course)

now you're ready to install mods available on this site(most recently 'unofficial' series by kikina.
you can play the game without installing mod, but then mp patch wouldn't serve any purpose.
good luck

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2018; 06:20 PM by kumose »

Shartak

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018; 10:55 AM »
I smell a lot of black magic behind this ritual and don’t see a reason it should work. But it does! Thank you very much for your help ;) (I just hope I haven’t sold my soul to Satan)

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2018; 03:22 PM »
lol I'm not the most qualified person to explain this but every step serves purpose I believe.
One thing I vaguely know is, creating and playing with a character after each patch allows contents to be properly applied.

Anyway be sure to check out Kikina's unofficial mod series now that the game is running free of crash.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2018; 12:21 AM »
lol I'm not the most qualified person to explain this but every step serves purpose I believe.
One thing I vaguely know is, creating and playing with a character after each patch allows contents to be properly applied.

Anyway be sure to check out Kikina's unofficial mod series now that the game is running free of crash.

I'm not 100% sure but i think what happens is that the files get updated but the core engine still needs to run to "find" them and optimise them, index them, etc.