Author Topic: Crash at Wurm (SP 1.5 b1)  (Read 1867 times)

Cygnus7

• Nameless
Crash at Wurm (SP 1.5 b1)
« on: Sep 08, 2015; 04:03 AM »
Hi all,

I've recently installed HG:L on a win7 64-bit platform with the following add-ons:
- SP 1.5 b1
- chestfix
- moloch fix

My problem is that the client crashes every time i'm in the Wurm boss level of Barge House.
Sometimes I last 3-4 minutes, sometimes I last 30 seconds. Either way, it's not long enough to kill Wurm before the client freezes/crashes.

Sometimes it's just a clean crash-to-desktop, other times it's a "Hellgate has encountered an error and needs to close", and other times i get a stop code about how "there was an error at <x>, the memory could not be read".

I've tried troubleshooting the issue using the following methods:
1. Ran the client in DX10 instead of DX9
2. Lowered all graphics settings to minimum (and tried toggling VSync on/off)
3. Tried playing in windowed mode rather than fullscreen
4. Tried abandoning the quest, and re-taking it
5. Increased pagefile size (8gb system ram + 4 gb pagefile)
6. Ran sfc /scannow, turned up clean

Does anyone have additional advice on what I can try? I haven't tried a full re-install, but that's my "last resort" right now.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2015; 03:00 AM by Cygnus7 »

Cygnus7

• Nameless
Re: Crash at Wurm (SP 1.5 b1)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2015; 04:08 AM »
UPDATE:

Re-installing the game and the Revival mod didn't do anything to fix the issue. Exactly the same error as before.

I also copied the error text:
Application popup: Hellgate:London (x64 DX9): hellgate_sp_dx9_x64.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x8005e3f5 referenced memory at 0x00000134. The memory could not be read.

Again, if anyone has any advice on how to troubleshoot, I'd be very appreciative!

Cygnus7

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2015; 07:45 PM »
UPDATE2:

Upon reviewing all the failed troubleshooting methods above, and attempting (unsuccessfully) to circumvent the issue through Reanimator, my last resort would be:

If I upload/email my character save, can anyone please attempt to finish the quest i'm stuck in ("Hooked" - Barge House, Wurm boss), and then upload/email the character save back to me?
(for reference, this character is from standard Hellgate SP installation of 1.5b1)

If someone can successfully accomplish this, it will;
1. Verify whether or not the character file or my installation/system is the problem.
2. Allow me to continue enjoying the game, which is paramount.  :)

Feel free to PM me on these forums, or reply to this thread, if anyone is willing to help! Thank you very much in advance!

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2015; 07:51 PM »
Yeah, OK - upload it here or to wikisend and I'll play to the death of wormy boss for you and then upload the files to wikisend again.

I'll keep a copy of the save in case I do something dumb - so i can restart it.

Cygnus7

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Sep 12, 2015; 09:47 PM »
Big thanks to Morphy, he was able to help me in bypassing the bugged quest. :)
+1 Karma!