Author Topic: Query about modding  (Read 303 times)

skullmaster20

• Nameless
Query about modding
« on: Aug 23, 2019; 10:30 PM »
Just come across this and had a few queries:

1 are any of the main mods compatible with the new steam version (Lost London looks pretty good)

2 is there any possibility of modding classes and altering skills (i.e. is it possible to swap a summoner demon for summoning a templar ally?

3 if there are NPC humans with combat AI, how possible would it be to add some into the spawn pools for levels? I know it would probably make the game a fair bit easier but I love the idea of making the game feel more like a battle for control of London rather than "1 guy with an assault rifle shooting his way across London"

I know these are probably a long shot but if these are at all doable I would love to get something like this working :)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
Re: Query about modding
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2019; 08:10 AM »
Mods here are not compatible with Steam version unfortunately. I once did mess around trying to create skills that summon human NPC or add them appear randomly at place to place, but it did not really work. Best i could do is to make some of them appear, but they did not do anything or react to enemies at all. It might be possible, but that is beyond me.
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

skullmaster20

• Nameless
Re: Query about modding
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2019; 11:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I thought it was a long shot, I did get really hyped when I got to Millennium Battle as I was hoping for some sort of large scale conflict, which to it's credit it does have, but it disappointed me that the AI allies make zero contribution at all, they fight and aggro mobs, but do no damage and receive no damage, which is pretty underwhelming... mainly been trying hellgate in the interim while staying at my girlfriend's mum's as using a naff laptop as there is no space for my gaming rig, but moving out on Saturday so I think Hellgate will sit in my uncompleted bin for quite some time.