Author Topic: HG:L (Steam, 2018) - Any chance for Reanimator/launcher to work with?  (Read 2031 times)

drowninginjello

• Nameless
Any chance we'll see an updated reanimator for the Steam relaunch of HG:L? I've tried using Reanimator and it can't find the files needed for editing.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
Unfortunately, the people who worked on reanimator are no longer around to update it.

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
I'm guessing your best bet is using hellpack. Should still be up, but reanimator is a no go. At least for the time being.
Spectral Sniper rifles. Turning evil into dogfood through superior science ®

aarnold1000

• Nameless
Is the source code available?

djmalsidious

• Nameless
Mod I just released that's in the mod section now and nexus won't work.

So far it looks like the steam version is a very different animal and not compatible in the least.   I'm too nub to know to make it steam friendly or how much of the code was changed.

At this point I have to throw in the towel into some good folks here can figure out some sort of patch for reanimate.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2018; 05:05 PM by djmalsidious »

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Try this.

I don't know if it'll work because I don't have the Steam version, but Reanimator had more client types defined, including Resurrection which at least loaded Global data and I'm thinking might work with Steam. I just renamed the "load TCv4" checkbox in the options and changed it to load Resurrection instead.

If it doesn't work, I'm not really interested in spending the time to get it to work. The Google Code archive is probably still around, shouldn't be hard to find for anyone who wants to look through it.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018; 08:02 PM by Firvagor »
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

freesid

• Nameless
Hello all,
I know it's not good, but the links I'm going to put are meant to show the scam of this HGL:2018 to 10 €...
Graphical downgrade, no dx10, W10 desastrous framerate (1fps, Mouahahha ;) Regular CTD every 2h (since the texture pack I have no more regular CTD), Mini inventory etc Just 1 good idee for me, it's the hell messager but some are impossible to kill because they regenerate faster than the damage (marksman) in HELL difficulty ... Run Forest, run;)
In short, it's a beta of a 12 years old game;)
Honestly, Revival, Naga and lost are much better... The only thing they miss is the extra levels...
Even though Kikina Revival 4.0 has extra levels...
For the texture pack I guess it's the ones from the original game...
PS:Do not forget to have a vpn or use tor for torrents and download
(click to show/hide)
If a modo goes through, I'm sorry, really sorry ;)
At the same time, stealing a thief is it a robbery ? No, it's justice for our brothers steals ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019; 01:57 PM by freesid »

sedateisland

• Nameless
is there currently any way to either trade items on characters you already used on the steam version, or a way to modify the quests of a character that hasn't been used for on steam so that the character is already at the abyss? sorry if this seems easy to some, I have been looking at ways to use it and have not been able to fully figure it out but wanted to get some of the stretched items in the steam version since they do work, just cant trade them to the character I want them on lol

Maiorem

• Named
is there currently any way to either trade items on characters you already used on the steam version, or a way to modify the quests of a character that hasn't been used for on steam so that the character is already at the abyss? sorry if this seems easy to some, I have been looking at ways to use it and have not been able to fully figure it out but wanted to get some of the stretched items in the steam version since they do work, just cant trade them to the character I want them on lol

No.

Failgate

• Founder
  • Nameless
I been looking at the forums on steam trying to do what a few others have said..  And I don't know what I'm doing wrong to get it to work..  I've either forgot how to edit and repatch stuff back in or it don't work..
Now On steam people have reported it works..  I'll post the text that's sorta Vague here..

What i use: Reanimator r1135 or the steam variant w/ever they work the same for my purpose.

Setup steps:
A1: make sure you have the game installed and dont have it running while reanimator is running.
A2: unpack it somewere and let it know were the game is installed(as you start it it'll start shooting errors at you as if you'r having flash backs to WW1 all over again, click ok a few times until it gives you "Show futher errors?" and click "No") afterwards restart the program.
B: start it up again and forever forward repeat the "No" to errors until someone patches it.
C: now you have reanimator and what may seem like a strange window inside it, ignore that for now first we need to set things up, as such you now want to click View-file explorer in the top toolbar.
now be aware that game files are encoded in various different ways and have not been patched properly for the steam variant,
D:in the right section check "Extract" on and the "Patch files; for..." as well, then press the start button, if it asks you to overwrite anything just say yes.
at this point if you start the game you should have every single text in the game say "missing string" to fix this i myself opted to only patch hellgate000 (a file in the Data folder, but since we cant selectively extract and patch only 1 we had to do it this way.)
E: now go to your game's folder and go into the data folder, you should see a bunch of folders as well as some .dat and .idx, now the ONLY thing you need to do here is copy hellgate000.idx somewere safe and then after that tell steam to Verify game integrity (it'll revert all .idx files to normal) after that put your patched hellgate000.idx back in there and overwrite, you now have a working moddable game!

Changing stuff and modding after setup:
Now you can start playing with Table Editor, but do note that not all of them works due to reanimator not working, i personally recommend taking a look at GAME_GLOBAL to start with, you can slowly expand as you go from there.
when you want to save a file have that tab open and click file-save and save it were it is in the game folder.
if you want to modify xp curve you can do that in PLAYERLEVELS/RANKS.
you might ask "what about textures and such?" well not 100% sure if they're hooked up though hellgate000.idx but you should be able to overwrite texture files in the folders and it should work, otherwise figure out what .dat/idx file contains whatever you'r looking for.
here's one thing though, dont mess with strings/text, it needs patching.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/939520/discussions/0/3315110799612081898/

I get game to load but all I was trying to do was make the vendors refresh instant both crafting and item sellers and gambler.. 

Just does not work.. 

Seems first time I run to a vendor it takes like almost a minute to load inventory but it don't refresh.  I Think i'm doing something wrong or forgetting how to save and repatch it..

Edit: after messing around with it for a few longer..  I got it to work! I was just forgetting to put the file back in the correct folder..  since gamegobals was in 2 spots i was only replacing the one not both!
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2019; 07:59 AM by Failgate »
...there's bullet holes where my compassion used to be

jkp690

• Nameless
Try this.

I don't know if it'll work because I don't have the Steam version, but Reanimator had more client types defined, including Resurrection which at least loaded Global data and I'm thinking might work with Steam. I just renamed the "load TCv4" checkbox in the options and changed it to load Resurrection instead.

If it doesn't work, I'm not really interested in spending the time to get it to work. The Google Code archive is probably still around, shouldn't be hard to find for anyone who wants to look through it.

I tried it and it didn't give any error during the upload, but if I use the "trade items" function it gives me the attached error. No errors if you use a save of the old version (not steam)

Could You fix trade item?