Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modification / Re: Doubts about modding
« Last post by Malachor on Sep 16, 2018; 11:15 PM »
Yeah, I think that would be a good idea.
« Last post by Zagnard on Sep 16, 2018; 11:35 AM »
Thank you.

I will eventually try to mod enemy stats, more specifically the immunities. In order to ask about that and give feedback, shoukd I create a specific topic for that? I believe there isn't one about editing this.
« Last post by Malachor on Sep 16, 2018; 02:25 AM »
I don't know why there are cooked files. It's not to remove unnecessary data, since some files become smaller in file size than the uncooked version while others become larger.
In data/excel and data_common/excel there are *.txt.cooked files and they hold the game's data. Things like monster, item, player stats, The table editor in Reanimator opens them into a more readable format.
How to know what data is related to a column? Some of it can be determined by looking at the data in the cells in a column. If there's no data at all for a column, then no one knows for certain.

There are *.xml files, and *.xml.cooked files. Most of the cooked xml files deal with textures,  and skill and ai behaviors. The uncooked xml files deal with the user interface.

How to mod the game? Either ask about specific details, like "how do I change the players starting stats", or through trial and error. Change something and see what, if anything, happens.
No one knows everything about this game, which is understandable since no one here was a developer of the game.
« Last post by Zagnard on Sep 14, 2018; 06:27 PM »
Greetings.

Apologies on my delay. I felt overwhelmed about learnibg to mod.
I'll soon start a degree aroind ingormatics and videogame development, and I decided to eventually give modding this game abother try.

Thank you for your answer. However, I am still a bit at a loss. I mean, what do I need to know or where do I go to get to know? For example, what are and editing xml files, what are and what are cooked files used for, that oind pf basic stuff. May someone please point me in the right direction?
Talk / Torchlight Frontiers
« Last post by Licarn on Sep 13, 2018; 02:10 PM »
Hello! It's been a while.

Just wanted to pop in and mention this because it may be relevant to anyone still hanging around here. The Torchlight MMO, Torchlight Frontiers, is being developed. Not by Runic (RIP), but by Max Schaefer's new studio, Echtra. There's a few other ex-Runic folk there, and they have some former Blizzard North and Flagship people too, such as Tyler Thompson (lead designer for D2: LoD and lead developer on Hellgate: London).

It's been 10 years since Mythos shut down, I thought the dream was dead when Runic closed and now it's finally happening.

You can sign up for the beta here: https://www.torchlightfrontiers.com/en
And there's a fairly active Discord channel here: https://discord.gg/f5HU7Zv
SP Modifications / Re: Lost London V
« Last post by Morphy on Sep 11, 2018; 08:20 PM »
Quick Question:

The LL "old installer" has LL and LL Add-ons

The LL "new installer" just has LL

Are the Add-ons now part of the "new installer" version?  (Handy if they are!)
Yes, the addons are part of the new installer version. Old installer version needs a separate file.
Edit: Also since Lost London V 1.4 the New Installer Version has more addon options than old installer version.

Thanks, mate, it's a great way to do it.
« Last post by Seferoth on Sep 10, 2018; 08:52 PM »
Quick Question:

Yes, the addons are part of the new installer version. Old installer version needs a separate file.
Edit: Also since Lost London V 1.4 the New Installer Version has more addon options than old installer version.
« Last post by Morphy on Sep 10, 2018; 08:18 PM »
Quick Question:

« Last post by Kikina the templar on Sep 10, 2018; 07:47 PM »
 ;D
« Last post by Seferoth on Sep 10, 2018; 06:13 PM »
Seriously Kikina, i should soon start paying you for these updates you do to my mod. :D
Edit: Download link at first page updated with the latest LL V 1.4 file.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10