Author Topic: The BM hate megathread!  (Read 1748 times)

Nemios

• Nameless
Re: The BM hate megathread!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 09, 2017; 11:08 AM »
@Bryan

I do get your CDB line of argument, which is sound and valid - for SC.

As a HC BM I never drop a single point into ACC. Hell, its already a gamble to sink quest points into STR, but I do it. All else goes into VIT. A HCE BM below 2.5k life is doable if you have powerful gear in the sense of defense, Tavi, resists and dmg to whip em dead in 1 or two...which playing against mobs around lvl59-62 does get difficult, so STR without crit gear combined with a 5 slot righteous star with a combined phase attack value of +1k which effectively phase everything in a jiffy thereby lowering dmg taken by 50% while increasing your own by 50% gets the job done.

A crit build does shine if you have the proper gear and stats yet you will never get around the righteous star, because of the defense and dmg it grants you.

Again, points into ACC as a HCE is very close to a NO NO.

And when you take items with plus 30 STR and possible dmg increase you can get your dmg up by almost 45% --- thru one item. And that can be felt, especially when pwning the end game mobs with +9 lvls.

The end game or ultimate fight to me is always and only to kill Sydonai on NM. Everything else is just a precursor.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2017; 11:09 AM by Nemios »

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #16 on: Jun 09, 2017; 02:07 PM »
@Bryan

I do get your CDB line of argument, which is sound and valid - for SC.

As a HC BM I never drop a single point into ACC. Hell, its already a gamble to sink quest points into STR, but I do it. All else goes into VIT. A HCE BM below 2.5k life is doable if you have powerful gear in the sense of defense, Tavi, resists and dmg to whip em dead in 1 or two...
[...]
Again, points into ACC as a HCE is very close to a NO NO.

That's a perspective I didn't have, thanks for that. It does make sense by HCE standards to pump STA over ACC/STR, even more so since it benefits Restoration.

However, since it's relevant, I'd like to address this part:
...especially when pwning the end game mobs with +9 lvls.

The end game or ultimate fight to me is always and only to kill Sydonai on NM. Everything else is just a precursor.

I don't intend to question your mindset or gamestyle here, as both are a matter of choice.

I do want to clarify, however, that the endgame's current state is bound to change. At times, a level difference of up to +9 may persist in some areas of the game that are intended to be "hard", but the current state of such bosses as Sydonai and such areas as the Catacombs is an unnatural one.

To elaborate, the current level cap of 50 pushes Catacombs and Sydonai to a level difference of over +9, in turn artificially inflating difficulty beyond what would be realistic. Merely increasing the level cap to 55 (as it seems to have been the intended route) would have a massive impact on said fights, allowing players to have more realistic, viable choices.
Actual challenges should always be present, of course, but said challenges can be provided by potential new difficulty modes and new content/encounters.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

thegreatcthulhu

• Great Priest of the Deep Ones
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
    • http://www.sotwguild.com/
« Reply #17 on: Jun 10, 2017; 01:20 AM »

I don't intend to question your mindset or gamestyle here, as both are a matter of choice.

I do want to clarify, however, that the endgame's current state is bound to change. At times, a level difference of up to +9 may persist in some areas of the game that are intended to be "hard", but the current state of such bosses as Sydonai and such areas as the Catacombs is an unnatural one.

I seem to recall with tcV4 it wasn't as bad since FSS lowered the level penalty difference... but I never tried soloing Sydonai on NM myself. A couple of Guardians that I spoke to said that it was a lot easier... but they may have not known the difference if they were just letting sydonai kill himself with AOV.
Not to us, Lord, but to Your Name give the glory
    - The Templar Motto

Teach me, empower me, purify me, release me
      - The Templar Prayer