Author Topic: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!  (Read 9563 times)

Alternalo

• Named
Re: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!
« Reply #120 on: Jun 21, 2017; 02:04 PM »
.... I know with this solution it would be possible to gain more than one dye effect, but except for BK they aren't that powerful and you are sacrificing your achievement slots with each.
Then just get rid of the stats on dye kits. I always thought it was a mistake to have stats on some, and not others, but if everyone's going for one over all of the others, then nerf them all.
But really, does it make that much difference?

Well 8aa on BK can make significant difference assuming you keep your feeds at full (usually except for strength) 8aa can give you 24 more accu which means 48% more cdb. As i wrote there would be a solution for getting rid or the stats from dye kits but keeping these benefits as achievement rewards, so you could change your dyes whenever you want without the fear of losing an important bonus.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #121 on: Jun 21, 2017; 06:02 PM »
Well 8aa on BK can make significant difference assuming you keep your feeds at full (usually except for strength) 8aa can give you 24 more accu which means 48% more cdb
If mod feeds are restored (and depending on how exactly they are) it will probably come to that, yes. At the moment I think it'd practically yield ~16-32% CDB, even more so with those massive +AAs on some set pieces and Dreadnaught rings.

But agreed otherwise. I'd very much like to see the Black Knight dethroned as well, as dyes *should* be a cosmetic choice first in my books.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #122 on: Jun 22, 2017; 08:47 AM »
Well 8aa on BK can make significant difference assuming you keep your feeds at full (usually except for strength) 8aa can give you 24 more accu which means 48% more cdb. As i wrote there would be a solution for getting rid or the stats from dye kits but keeping these benefits as achievement rewards, so you could change your dyes whenever you want without the fear of losing an important bonus.
So what is your cdb without that extra up to 48% bonus?
Also, isn't the dye kit a random drop? So you aren't actually guaranteed to get it?

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #123 on: Jun 22, 2017; 09:55 AM »
Also, isn't the dye kit a random drop? So you aren't actually guaranteed to get it?

It is around 3,4% of my damage. The dye kit drops are indeed random, but why this is important?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #124 on: Jun 23, 2017; 02:03 AM »

It is around 3,4% of my damage. The dye kit drops are indeed random, but why this is important?
Because you're talking about an achievements bonus which only requires time to get- it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll get it.
And 3.4% of your damage is minor, so it's not like you actually need to have it. Meaning that the bonus could be removed from the dye kit and not added back elsewhere.

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #125 on: Jun 23, 2017; 01:02 PM »

Because you're talking about an achievements bonus which only requires time to get- it's pretty much guaranteed that you'll get it.
And 3.4% of your damage is minor, so it's not like you actually need to have it. Meaning that the bonus could be removed from the dye kit and not added back elsewhere.

But my suggestion involves getting the actual dye kit which triggers the achievement, therefore you need the same amount of time to get the dye kit and the achievement...i don't know whats the problem with this.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #126 on: Jun 24, 2017; 02:56 AM »

But my suggestion involves getting the actual dye kit which triggers the achievement, therefore you need the same amount of time to get the dye kit and the achievement...i don't know whats the problem with this.
I thought that you wanted a new achievement that gave you the bonus but there was no mention that the achievement required finding the dye kit.
There is already an achievement that grants +aa: equip legendary items. Although it only grants +2. As well as four that grant bonuses to the individual stats.
So I guess the principle is already there.

Guardian of the Hell

• Nameless
« Reply #127 on: Jun 25, 2017; 01:43 PM »
Sydonai health is really low for his position "Final boss" . in global wiki was 3333 , maybe 6000 or 7000 can describe him as the hardest monster... ? :P

csh4324

• Nameless
« Reply #128 on: Jul 03, 2017; 03:35 PM »
I wish Blademaster's Surge skills change into buff skill, not using it(which is same in Hellgate Global).
'Chance for successful  melee attacks to build up a surge: n%'
Thank you.

Sius

• Nameless
  • Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #129 on: Jul 11, 2017; 11:58 PM »
Please change quest: AnotherĀ“s work.

Goal is to kill 9 soul drinkers in Shoreditch but guess what. Invisible mob on open plain map = it is depressing trying to fin 8/9 mob for 15+ minutes and map explored to last pixel. Just add more spawnpoint of these creatures because searching for invisible mob is not fun.
He who makes beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Zrin

• Nameless
« Reply #130 on: Jul 12, 2017; 06:03 AM »
I would love some kind of demonic possession spell like Warcraft's Metamorphosis ability.
I don't know how difficult it would be to do, but mounted combat? How I'd love to see a summoner shooting demons while riding a carnagor.

sobe44

• Nameless
« Reply #131 on: Jul 12, 2017; 07:51 AM »
Hello all,

Here are a few thoughts &  ideas for the potential end game,OK?

I just read a bit on the http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/london-2038/ideas-skillclass-changes!/ site area.

Omerta I love the ideas of Bryan there to make groups more important.

For all in the groups need to not only contribute but maybe offer mechanics that others in a group can not such as the old engineer's model could make healing & stunning/slowing  bots, etc,

Thus they could either sub heal or mainly heal a group going against a boss...

That is if the engineer's bots could help more than the engineer's as a potential change.

That to me seems like a great idea..

I know in world of Warcraft que's u must have so many damage players tanks & a healers or more.

Although in randomly made NT qued groups they fail like mad since there r almost no players that want to be responsible to heal / tank at all, thus welcome to tons of wipes in raids on heroic ,mythic levels since the gaming raid mechanics are ignored for mass dmg over & over until they eventually leave & blame a tank or whoever for their mistakes in armor stat character building or whatever.

For instance a grand mistake I found out the hard way while playing my shaman was most players in a raid I was in insanely depended on my temporary spell/buff for a group.

It's called lust in World of Warcraft, it does a temporary haste boost to the group of 25% to their haste, yet no one was healing me thus I had to heal myself & actually got kicked out of the group I started since I wouldn't do a lust/haste spell when they wanted me to. proving they all didn't have enough of a haste stat in their armor/weapons to do this raid  w/o my buff.....

please try to make healing in boss raiding or dungeon groups crucial when needed against a world boss, etc.

Thank you for all your hard work & time , creative dreaming too.

Your HellGate loving gamer,

Sobe44
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017; 08:28 AM by Omerta »

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #132 on: Jul 20, 2017; 10:29 AM »
Sydonai health is really low for his position "Final boss" . in global wiki was 3333 , maybe 6000 or 7000 can describe him as the hardest monster... ? :P

He wasn't the final boss in Global, he was like lvl32 or something like this. In London 2038 he is lvl62 with a maximum player level of 50. Now I can not tell an exact number of his health at that level, but the level difference alone make him pretty tough.