Author Topic: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!  (Read 9503 times)

Itsjustme

• Nameless
Re: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2017; 09:29 AM »
Glad to read the alpha engi topic, nice to see that you guys making progress.

Om thing with items feed (atleast this was a thing in previouse versions except global). If you have 10 points free in stam and the item have a feedcost of 20 stam but adds +20 to aa or stam. Then you cant use it. The + aa or stam boost is counted first when u have it on. So you need to add +10stam to use it and then you have 10points free when bonus kick in

Skummer

• Nameless
« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2017; 07:29 PM »
1. I found the game unplayable in DX9 with all its glory. For some reason my interface becoming very slow (mouse speed especially). I dont see this in DX-10
2. DX-10 hard crashes need to be looked at. it hasnt happened very often.

In general its playing really well. (Better than i remember back when i was a lifetime sucker)

CHanges? hmmm

1. Auto pile components by type in the stash. I have to manually sort everything after i move stripped components over. I'd like to right click and have it auto stash (like diablo 3)

2. "Smart Loot" - I'd like to see more loot i can actually use. As a MM i keep getting legendary swords and evoker items i cant use. its annoying. :)

3. Figure out the dead in mid air bug for some creatures that die while in flight.

4. Fix the laser goggles. :)

5. Less time considering a "costume store" and more time on playability and bug items. stuf like that can be considered after you have a working product.

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2017; 12:19 AM »
1. Auto pile components by type in the stash. I have to manually sort everything after i move stripped components over. I'd like to right click and have it auto stash (like diablo 3)
Have you tried Ctrl - Click?

2. "Smart Loot" - I'd like to see more loot i can actually use. As a MM i keep getting legendary swords and evoker items i cant use. its annoying. :)
I am against this idea. It is necessary to find items for every faction because they break down into different type of components which will be necessary for upgrading your items at the nanoforge. But don't worry when the marketplace will be funcional you can "exchange" those items for something more useful for your faction.

Here is some idea for smoothing out the leveling process:
-From nightmare difficulty (or from lvl30) you should give players rare and legendary item rewards, noone will care for the crappy green ones (or even whites)
-The amount of XP given by quest should no less than 1/10 of the required XP for the next level, considered the content level. (or even 1/5 on nightmare)
-Quests that involve killing a certain mob type should generate at last twice the required amount when you entering that map. Make sure they drop the necessary quest items 100% of the time.
-Increase the amount of mobs spawning in hellrifts and ancient blood tremendously. These are optional areas, so if you can handle it you can get a great xp bonus from these areas, but if your build can't handle all those mobs at once you can just avoid it and not blocking your way to the next station.
-Greatly increase the drop rate in hidden passageways. Currently these are the less valuable, or we can just say it: they currently doesn't have any purpose like the other two types.
-Cave type passageways are really really bad. Please make them look like Stonehenge cave areas, these tunnels never contain anything.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

eyezz

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2017; 05:46 PM »
Hello 2038´ers

here also an idea that´s a bit influenced me in Warframe:

Every guild should have the possibility for a internal test-arena. Here U can test weapon- or skilldamage at specified monsterclass-dummies (without any drop or xp-rate). If somebody knows the test-arena in warframe, for me it was a very useful tool testing modifications on weapons or skill´s.
If it´s possible anyway - testing also in party-mode would be very nice for the synergies every class has.

The Testarena could also be a  reward from different drop´s to built the arena in the guild.

"Und? Wie verbleibmer nune?"

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2017; 08:04 PM »
Can't comment on guild suggestions, as I wouldn't know how possible most such suggestions would be. Though it'd generally be great to see the guild system expanded :)

5. Less time considering a "costume store" and more time on playability and bug items. stuf like that can be considered after you have a working product.

I can assure you luxury/QoL/cosmetic items are barely discussed yet ;) As you say, for the moment stability and basic fixes are the top priority.

Spectral Serpents - Unlike summon ember, this skill does not decrease your power pool but the serpents summoned are pretty useless even with minion bonuses on gear. The new skill, "Ethereal", would add spectral damage and phase attack strength to all attacks when toggled. Synergy - each SP adds a bonus to max power points while an elemental potency skill is toggled.

While I'm generally really fond of synergies, I personally find Serpents to be quite the amazing skill. Serpents and Tempest alone have been my go-to option for most of the game.

Edit: It turns out that +minion damage does affect them. +damage and the such definitely affect them as well, albeit possibly not as "cleanly" as other direct skills. They also crit, so there's that ;)

Many have stated their liking of the addition of the Evoker's poison tree to the summoner class in Global as it gave them a more active role in combat. While I do agree, I feel that the bone tree (with the changes noted above) would be more suitable as it better fits the theme of necromancy and it provides more utility than the poison tree.

I do agree that the Bone tree would synergize well with Summoners, DF ones even more so. However, if DF allows spells to be cast while active, Venom Armor would probably be a godsent. Even more so if it's "repaired" into its earlier version, when it would deal some decent damage back on attackers.

As a player, I'd rather have them both. But balance-wise and class-wise, it would seriously blur some lines ;)

If anything, Tempest would probably fit Summoners best. But that's like Guardians asking for SoJ, so probably a big no-no, that one.
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017; 02:58 PM by Bryan »
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Omerta

• Raging Meataloafmaniac
  • Developer
  • Nameless
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2017; 04:31 AM »

If you think we've spent even a second on "considering a costume store" you must be high and I want want you're smoking :D

electrofux

• Nameless
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2017; 12:52 PM »
What i always wanted in the old HG, was to upgrade all the cool low level uniques to the Level Cap so that they can be used in the late game.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2017; 01:29 PM »
What i always wanted in the old HG, was to upgrade all the cool low level uniques to the Level Cap so that they can be used in the late game.

That's an advantage that the current (ie SP) Forge offers. Granted, it's limited so only midgame Uniques can become endgame-viable...

I briefly thought that removing the level cap may rectify the situation, but that would raise an unholy balance nightmare. It may be more realistic to handpick low Uniques that qualify as "cool" and...retrain them, in the sense of creating upgraded midgame/endgame versions of them.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

electrofux

• Nameless
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2017; 02:59 PM »

That's an advantage that the current (ie SP) Forge offers. Granted, it's limited so only midgame Uniques can become endgame-viable...

I briefly thought that removing the level cap may rectify the situation, but that would raise an unholy balance nightmare. It may be more realistic to handpick low Uniques that qualify as "cool" and...retrain them, in the sense of creating upgraded midgame/endgame versions of them.

Yeah balancing might be a problem. I remember i farmed my ass off to get two of those templar nova weapons that had double the fire rate and do a build around it. WHich was cool until the weapons capped out and there was no replacement for them since they were very lowlevel. Same for my nob focus cablist were some cool weapons capped out soon. I remeber dunbars also capped out early. Also there was this cool plagueblaster with a high fire rate that was dropped in the Mind of Techmsith. Very cool to run around with two of them stuffed with onhits.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017; 03:02 PM by electrofux »

dehumanized

• Nameless
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2017; 04:40 AM »
what about making the cube have a space for result items, this way making itens on bulk you dont need to remove the result of every trade, i dont mean more free space, have a withdrawal only space that could fit every item, if you ever tried to make  your 100 large health injectors into 50 nanodynes, you would know what i mean. if not viable, make the result go to inventory directly, that works as well

slicklou

• Nameless
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2017; 03:45 PM »
Here are some items for decision:

1.  If the character can do cartography by mapping levels, then the way-points found should be permanent to the mini-map.  This of course would not be true upon obtaining a new in-game generated map.

2.  If jewelry, can be "cleansed" of negative (red font) attributes to positive, then could the double-edged weapons be "cleansed" also?  If not at lower levels due to balancing, then at higher levels?

3.  With the drone issue on engineers that disappear with good weapons/armor, can't the drones be character created only vs. server pool?

4.  Can weapons dropped by enemy contain a mod or two already in them?  I don't understand how the enemy can de-modify a weapon upon death.  The mod does not have to be a great one, but maybe one can get lucky?

5.  Can the drones use dye kits in order to distinguish my drone from a party of Engineers drones?

6.  Can the drone transform to artillery mode by becoming temporarily stationary upon some tripod legs (e.g. example:  see Siege Tanks in Starcraft).

7.  Can the drone and engineer share their shields when close to each other?

8.  I found two items (green/light blue) with the same name and stats except the double-edged having the additional negative stats.  When I go to sell each item, the double-edged sold for more?  Why is their a price difference if something has negative stats?  I would assume the item would cost very little to a vendor, as no player would want to buy it...unless it can be "cleansed" as previously mentioned.

v/R

Slicklou

Vastion

• Nameless
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2017; 09:25 AM »
Hey Hellgaters!

I've played a bit from vanilla and through global. Others have had many good ideas, so mine will just be a few quality of life improvements and such.

1: Personally, I enjoy being able to see numbers when I damage something, like final fantasy or the like. Small, but perhaps enjoyable to most. (no idea if this is impossible or just not in the spirit of the game, I just prefer it!)

2: Size of weapons compared to size of character. Any way to scale down, for example, swords on a minimum height/build character? Sometimes, it gets humorously ridiculous lol. At least in my revival 1.5 games. :)

3: I have followed the dev diaries and such, but I have to ask: I haven't been able to find an answer, so is there any rough estimate on when the beta will be ready for open beta? I would only be able to play 3-4 days a week with the current beta, so I figured that wasn't enough to merit you accepting me as a beta tester. If I am wrong... I'LL APPLY I PROMISE! lol.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I leveled 4 classes to max in global. When this comes out... I'll be maxing them AGAIN and reliving my fondest gaming moments -while- farming end game content with any able bodied adventurers. Til then... great work guys, you're really hanging up peoples younger gaming days and allowing us to relive some of the better moments in our gaming career/life lol. It's very much appreciated!

Vastion: out!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017; 11:11 AM by Vastion »

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #117 on: Jun 19, 2017; 11:30 PM »
Redesigning Dye kits
Everyone's favourite Dye kit now is the Black Knight for obvious reasons, but it is a bit annoying that you must sacrifice your dye slot just because of effectiveness, so here is my idea:

Remove all stats from dye kits, replace it with an achievement that gives you the same effect, so you can equip whatever dye you want while still gaining the effect. I know with this solution it would be possible to gain more than one dye effect, but except for BK they aren't that powerful and you are sacrificing your achievement slots with each.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #118 on: Jun 20, 2017; 01:20 AM »
.... I know with this solution it would be possible to gain more than one dye effect, but except for BK they aren't that powerful and you are sacrificing your achievement slots with each.
Then just get rid of the stats on dye kits. I always thought it was a mistake to have stats on some, and not others, but if everyone's going for one over all of the others, then nerf them all.
But really, does it make that much difference?

BlueSunshine

• Nameless
« Reply #119 on: Jun 20, 2017; 08:10 AM »
Redesigning Dye kits

I agree, always thought it was stupid to have a cosmetic choice tied to stat advantage.
I would remove all bonuses and maybe replace with a random Luck bonus to add some interest.
"Players only love you when they're playing"

BlueSunshine 8)