Author Topic: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!  (Read 8360 times)

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
Re: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!
« Reply #90 on: Mar 28, 2017; 03:46 PM »
after another person asked in chat about it and i remembered what i wanted to ask for: endless dungeon or, at least, very very deep one with at least several dozens of levels.
How long would that take to complete?
you mean how long should it take a player to complete the dungeon if it had finite levels? i don't know what is normal farming speed at higher levels would be, but i'd say if it was around 10 minutes to kill most enemies, then the whole dungeon should take around 4-5 hours or more - something that would let the player focus on killing and ignore things like going back to station to reset and reenter instance.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

h3llgat3

• Nameless
« Reply #91 on: Apr 15, 2017; 04:50 PM »
Is it possible to add new classes?

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #92 on: Apr 15, 2017; 08:20 PM »
Is it possible to add new classes?

It should be technically possible, yes.

Remnants of unused skills are still in the game's data, and current skills can be modified at will. So restoring old unreleased classes or creating brand new ones both seem like possible ways to go.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

h3llgat3

• Nameless
« Reply #93 on: Apr 17, 2017; 08:47 AM »
Any chance to have London 2038's skill planner available soon?

The one currently show up is from HGG which is obsolete, isn't it?

I think you will get more suggestion if people can get access to the skill tree.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #94 on: Apr 17, 2017; 02:19 PM »
As the current skills reflect the skills' state from TCv4, there's no skill planner that accurately depicts 2308's skills, sadly.

The closest one at the moment is this one, that's an SP one.
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-general/sp-skill-planner/msg56523/#msg56523

It's essentially those skills, separated in tabs, with each class having 3 new TC skills.
-Omerta

The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #95 on: Apr 19, 2017; 11:15 AM »
Any chance to have London 2038's skill planner available soon?
Depends on what you mean by soon. :)
I'm having a look at it, and hopefully I'll have some progress to report by the 30th of this month.

Farkasakraf

• Nameless
« Reply #96 on: Apr 20, 2017; 09:57 PM »
I just want one thing....the Summoner's Zombie Form.Nothing more,nothing less.
I have sooooo much fun while i'm playing Hellgate Global,with Zombie Form.but...now i'm bored.And sad.
I hope,you guys can help me play ZF again.Or i can play now in SP with some mod?
"In this form,i'll become the leader of the Hellgate,and whoop Sydonai's...you know what?Nevermind.I'm just go and kick some Imp...yeah,that."

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #97 on: Apr 21, 2017; 02:52 PM »
I just want one thing....the Summoner's Zombie Form.Nothing more,nothing less.
I have sooooo much fun while i'm playing Hellgate Global,with Zombie Form.but...now i'm bored.And sad.
I hope,you guys can help me play ZF again.Or i can play now in SP with some mod?

Heya, welcome :)

Memory's fuzzy on whether SP mods included ZF, though Nagahaku 3.0 should include some reworked melee skills for Cabalists.
2038 does have Darkform though, which is essentially ZF with a different model :)
-Omerta

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #98 on: Apr 22, 2017; 10:05 AM »
Death Squad event

Random appearance on maps like hellrifts or passageways, a hellrift is opening around the player (just like the one in Crown Office Row) and a squad of epic imps/gremlins appear wielding Gatling Rail Cannon, with a leader of a named Vortex Wraith.

Is it possible to make such event?
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #99 on: Apr 22, 2017; 01:25 PM »
Death Squad event
Firefall says hello :)

i'm also curious if it possible to do something like this or what we had in Global :d
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Gorogox

• Nameless
« Reply #100 on: Apr 23, 2017; 12:40 PM »
Hello everyone!Finaly we wil play again this cool game :D i hope there will be Twohand swords for templar classes.

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #101 on: Apr 25, 2017; 11:50 PM »
Guild System Overhaul

So we was talking about this in Discord, but i want to write down here what exactly i imagined about this. I am trying to use currently available features as much as possible, to make it more easy to implement.

So first of all, we need a guild stash. This feature is much needed, if you ever want to improve the guild system start with this please :P

Now the second thing, guilds in hellgate currently have no real purpose, i mean the only feature if have is the guild chat. There are a few MMOs with a guild upgrade system, where you can craft things to make passive buffs for the whole guild, and i think this could be implemented in Hellgate relatively easily. So how should it work:

First of all, every guild should get access to a new techmith npc that can produce numerous types of Guild Banners. Guild Banners could be crafted for regular crafting elements but it would cost you a whole lot more than an avg craft. These items should work like those that currently unlocks certain skills in your skill tree, but it would unlock passive points in a Guild Expertise tree. Once you've unlocked it, you could improve it by using Guild Expertise Upgrade Tokens.

These tokens could be crafted via blueprints which can be bough from a Guild Vendor, for a good amount of money. There would be 4 types of blueprints, from level1 to level4 upgrade tokens, each one cost you more and more money. The crafting elements of these blueprints would be regular crafting elements AND a bunch of "new" item called Sacred Fragment (this was introduced in Global, had a bit different purpose), which could be acquired by doing Daily Quests available for any guild members. The Daily Quest npc could be the Wanted sign that would refresh every day, available in every station and sends the player to kill a random Named boss to any map near that station. As a reward each completed quest would yield 1 Sacred Fragment.

The Guild Experties passives could be similar to the regular ones but i think having those effects twice on your character is fairly rewarding for all the work this needs to be maxed out. Also to clarify things: by Guild Expertise points i meant a guild wise passive system, so if the leader upgrades a passive then everyone in the guild would receive the effect. This is why i suggest high amount of resources to produce them, so the players in the guild must share the wealth to gain more power.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #102 on: Apr 26, 2017; 02:28 AM »
Have you thought of any way to account for different sized guilds?
Would a guild of 20 have to pay the same amount as one of 100 for example?

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #103 on: Apr 26, 2017; 07:33 AM »
That would lead to complicated situations like you have a guild of 100 but with only 30 active members. Would you expell 70 just to make a buff?
However i understand your point, but i know no guild systems that is fair vs solo players or large guilds vs small ones. As a guild leader you'll be eventually looking for more active player to make the guild's progress easier.

Golgothan

• Nameless
« Reply #104 on: Apr 26, 2017; 06:51 PM »
I have a few ideas for rebalancing some skills. I'm omitting skills that are bugged as most are known and fixes are already being worked on.

Evoker:

Bone Shards and Skullsplitter - Skullsplitter, while an amazing damage skill, requires more finesse to use effectively than any other skill in the entire game. I suggest that the effects of Skullplitter get swapped with Bone Shards. Bone shards will shoot out several fragments from the caster's body and each SP will increase the number of fragments up to 30 at rank 10. Skullsplitter will explode on impact as a single aoe like a MM grenade and use Bone Shards' visual effect and each SP will increase its stun attach strength and damage.

Firestorm and Flameshards - These skills, while they have excellent damage potential, require you to be in melee range for them to be effective which is the exact opposite place you want to be as an evoker. My idea is that increasing the max range and reducing the cone size of these skills while slightly lowering their damage output would balance them out vs the other evoker skills.

Elemental Potency skills: Evoker has several utility skills that aren't very effective or basically lackluster.  I'm suggesting that each of these skills is replaced by a toggle effect that adds bonus elemental damage and effect strength for all attacks. Each sp spent in these skills would add a synergy effect that would affect all elemental potency skills. Only one of these skills can be toggled at a time.

Venom Armor- This skill was very useful as an alternative "Oh sh*t" button to Arcane Shield back in the original hellgate when caster gear had no armor on it. Now that caster gear has armor on it, this is no longer the case and the skill is barely if at all useful. The new skill, "Corruption", would add toxic damage and poison effect strength to all attacks when toggled. Synergy - each SP increases the elemental effect strength bonus of all elemental potency skills.

Summon Ember - This is the most lackluster skill in the entire class. It basically turns the evoker into a mini summoner and requires minion stats on gear to be at all effective AND it decreases your power pool which is the last thing you want as an evoker. The new skill, "Engulfment", would add fire damage and ignite attack strength to all attacks when toggled. Synergy - each SP increases the bonus damage of all elemental potency skills.

Spectral Serpents - Unlike summon ember, this skill does not decrease your power pool but the serpents summoned are pretty useless even with minion bonuses on gear. The new skill, "Ethereal", would add spectral damage and phase attack strength to all attacks when toggled. Synergy - each SP adds a bonus to max power points while an elemental potency skill is toggled.

Arcane Resiliance - this skill simply doesn't do enough to merit the SP investment and is just generally boring. The new skill, "Overcharged", would add electricity damage and shock attack strength to all attacks when toggled. Synergy - each SP adds a bonus to critical chance while an elemental potency skill is toggled.

Summoner:

Elementals - With the right skill/stat point investment, you can build a huge army of these little guys that will decimate anything in their wake. Unfortunately, the drawbacks to these skills will slow you down to the point that most groups will just leave you in the dust. I'm suggesting a few changes to all elementals and how the skills work.
  1. Elementals should teleport to your location when you move out of range instead of simply dying.
  2. a new skill should be added that when toggled, summons the maximum amount of elementals of each type when activating the corresponding skill but will also halt the caster's movement.

Hand of Nostrum - The Witch Doctor is potentially the best party healer in the game based on pure HPS output. However, if you have other minions active such as elementals, the witch doctor will almost always prioritize them over the rest of your party because it will always attempt to heal the ally with the lowest health percentage and your minions can go from 100% to 5% hp in a single hit from a zombie. This can be solved by utilizing the defunct active skill granted by "Hand of Nostrum" (originally the skill was supposed to grant the extra healing beams for a certain duration when the skill was activated. the effects were made passive but the active skill was left in for some reason even though it does nothing). I'm suggesting that this defunct active skill should be changed to a toggle that when activated removes minions from the witch doctor's possible healing targets.

Evoker skills crossover - Many have stated their liking of the addition of the Evoker's poison tree to the summoner class in Global as it gave them a more active role in combat. While I do agree, I feel that the bone tree (with the changes noted above) would be more suitable as it better fits the theme of necromancy and it provides more utility than the poison tree

Guardian:

Two-Handed Swords - This is one thing I felt Global did entirely right. In Hellgate, Guardians have very little DPS potential. The addition of two-handed swords and allowing guardians to use them with shield skills gave them actual dps potential. If doing so in London 2038 isn't possible, the alternative would be simply increasing the damage bonus granted by Shield Master.

Prayer of Smiting - This skill has the potential to be a great aoe option but currently has such pitifully low damage and shock attack strength that it's entirely worthless. Prayer of Retribution has laughably low damage too but it makes up for that by having decent phase attack strength. I'd suggest at least doubling the base damage and shock attack strength of this skill and making the rank up effects of the offense prayers into synergies. One of which increases the damage of both skills and the other increases the elemental effect strength of both skills.