Author Topic: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!  (Read 13702 times)

Omerta

• Raging Meataloafmaniac
  • Developer
  • Nameless
Re: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!
« Reply #75 on: Feb 12, 2017; 11:48 PM »
Crafting affixes:

Maybe this could be achieved by turning the "recipe"s that occasionally drop into something that's actually useful? Either by allowing you to add or affect affixes directly, or by 'teaching' you new recipes that you can use in the cube or a crafting device. (The cube's mechanics might need an overhaul for this, as to my current knowledge it only allows a limited number of recipes with a *fixed* result, in terms of "treasure class").

Yes... I like this idea...  ;D

sk0pe

• Nameless
« Reply #76 on: Feb 19, 2017; 04:27 AM »

- Testdummys to Test dps and elemental-effect-strengh. maybe put em in Greenpark-Station or inside a PvP-Arena that is labeled Test-Arena. There could be different dummys ... representing the different races.
The only problematic thing would be how the player would get feedback on their damage. Floating numbers?  Or a "damage dealt per minute" overlay when hoovering with the mouse over the dummy.

1) that came to my mind this evening. so i simply quote wolfilein :)

2) can the first skillpoint please not be set in stone? i'd like to assign every skillpoint i get to whatever is possible.

Phoetus

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2017; 11:38 PM »
can the first skillpoint please not be set in stone? i'd like to assign every skillpoint i get to whatever is possible.

This x1,000,000

I rarely use the skill tree the first skill point is 'spent' in and always feel like it is wasted.

Another option could be to make the point refundable on a respec, so we can at least spend it on a more desirable skill later.

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #78 on: Feb 26, 2017; 06:09 PM »
Could you by any chance drastically decrease the reaction time of the drone?
tactical mode lasts for 10 sec and often doesn't even fire the weapon (automatic rifle) until it lasts
it should fire any target in range continuously intil it dies the moment it enters the drone's sight range
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Mr_Oger

• Nameless
« Reply #79 on: Feb 26, 2017; 11:37 PM »
First of all - i didn`t played the rebirth (or smth) at all, so i experienced only "usual" retail Hellgate: London.
I`m really looking for player`s character animation and movement enhancement. I find PC`s movement is clunky af, while NPC`s one looks pretty solid to me, so i`m not sure if it`s actually engine`s restrictions. And yea, proper firing animations.
I know that this will not be important at all before server will run stable and everything works 100%, but it would be really neat.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #80 on: Feb 27, 2017; 11:54 PM »
i like Marksman's bullet skills and i would like to see something similar for other classes or factions. Blademaster already has Surges (and it would've been nice to be able to activate them with some % chance or on critical hits), but everybody else has nothing.

for example, it would've been nice to give Summoners some way to force their minions to attack specific targets. maybe something that measures amount of damage dealt to the targets and picks the target which took the most damage from player's weapons in the last few seconds. also something that would force minions to take and guard the area. bonuses for levelling the skills might be movement speed for target skill and regenerating shields for guard skill.

Evoker could get some passives too - different ones that activates and boosts field, AOE or direct damage skills/attacks. say, consecutive field attacks gets increase to elemental attack and interruption strength, direct hits - chance of multishot and AOE - smaller copy of an attack/skill cast on top of the character.

then there's Guardian who is left out. given it's defencive nature, i'd say it would make sense to make soemthing oriented on NOT dealing damage. say, each non-critical hit produces small AOE attacks around self and party members with growing after each such hit elemental attack strength derived from offhand weapon. or multiply critical damage bonus by percent of missing health and make it into cleaving/bouncing attack damage bouns. possibly get something for support too, like if attacked enemy(ies) takes damage, but does not get interrupted - massively increase it's vulnerability to random element for ~10 seconds.

also, new areas would've been cool too, even if they are just repainted&rearranged already existing ones :) even better if those has some kind of purpose - say, this area has only melee enemies, that one makes monsters drop more mods and less of everything else, and the one over there has respawning NPCs and regenerating enemies.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017; 12:04 AM by Violet-n-Red »
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #81 on: Feb 28, 2017; 07:39 AM »
i like Marksman's bullet skills and i would like to see something similar for other classes or factions. Blademaster already has Surges (and it would've been nice to be able to activate them with some % chance or on critical hits), but everybody else has nothing....
Sounds interesting. How would you balance out the skills then? Since you'd be giving some classes more skills than others.

I'd like to be able to log out to the character select screen, as well as the main menu(use this for swapping between SP and MP for example), and maybe also quit out of the game entirely.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #82 on: Feb 28, 2017; 10:46 AM »
Engi and Marksman would then have less skills, right? if Engi's strikes doesn't receive bonuses from weapons in this version, maybe there should be skills that do. something that uses weapon stats and amplifies them, has no cooldown, but consumes mana - like Evoker's skills. since Marksman's bullet skills are traditionally used with single target weapons, maybe Engineer's skills should work best with AOE weapons. say, one skill could flat out amplify AOE and field effects size, the other one could increase AOE blast damage the less targets are caught in, and third one might produce field effects on AOE attacks.

what about Marksman... i dislike how several Marksman limits or even forbids movement, i'd love to see something that instead works best while character is moving. also, traditionally marksman utilises fast firing weapons, maybe there could be a skill or two that benefits from slow rate of fire. how about these: 1. buff skill that increases weapon damage and crit chance over time while weapon is not firing, resets after firing a shot, should grow quickly for 1sec. and a bit slower over the next 1; 2. another bullet skill that kills targets instantly if their current health is lower than current weapon's damage multiplied by this skill's modifier, modifier grown with skill level (something like x1.5 on first level and x3 on 10th); 3. buff skill with extremely short duration (1-2seconds?), duration counts backwards up to maximum value if player moves forward or diagonally forward, increases crit damage and adds all elemental attack strength.

hold on, Blademaster is also left out. i like movement+attack skills, so let me come up with something... :d

Charge is nice, but not nice enough. what if there was a skill branch that was increasing this skill's damage and refreshing skill's cooldown on kills? Whirlwind is pretty great, but i'd like to see an alternative to it - say, elemental whirlwind - increased melee weapon range, reduced damage, increased elemental attacks strength. step attacks (melee + direction) seems to be a unique feature of Hellgate, i'd like to have a skill for that too: each forward step attack adds temporary shield overload bonus, left step - melee AOE damage and right step - interrupt strength.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2017; 11:04 AM by Violet-n-Red »

sataricon

• Nameless
« Reply #83 on: Mar 03, 2017; 09:33 AM »
If at all possible can you make the skull spliter skill work just like in Nagahaku?
It's much more effective there and the thing is it's aiming in the original game is too hard for this skill.
No other skill needs this type of aiming.

enzi

• Nameless
« Reply #84 on: Mar 03, 2017; 06:08 PM »
- Are you willing to do a Nagahaku branch server? I don't know if the dev team is a fan of the mod but it's Hellgate like I always wanted it.

- High mob density: Unmodded HG:L at early levels is such a snooze fest. A few single mobs spread out, some chunks of 5 monsters. I always tried to crank it up as high as possible. Only the Nagahaku mod (no crazy slayer) has a density that I'd find perfect.

- more monster pack variations: I don't have indepth knowledge but it seems there is a set amount of monster pack variations. (per dungeon?) if this can get more randomized that'd be cool. More often than not it seems there is a theme around just 2 mob types.

DYoda

• A Shady One
  • Nameless
    • London2038
« Reply #85 on: Mar 15, 2017; 08:08 AM »
Gambling in 2038.

Players can wager their hard earnings with chances on a slot machine. The money the house makes can
go towards war drives. Also some type of tip board gambling for Mythic/Epic Items. Say people would buy
a tip, or space on the board, for a sum of money TBD. Once the board is filled the CM in charge of game
play goodies call draw the numbers from a deck of cards filling out all the boxes. The CM or guest can virtually draw the card to pick which box was the winner. Real time activities in game, coupled with Discord, can make it a very unique opportunity.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #86 on: Mar 20, 2017; 12:31 PM »
- NanoForge: If Bryan or a dev could clarify how it's currently set to work in Hellgate 2038 that would be useful. I suppose my biggest concern here is if weapons are destroyable at trying for +7 or higher then adv mod preserves should be items that drop off mobs or bosses somewhere. It probably needs some balance here as if they're not destroyable at some point be it +7 +8 whatever then I somewhat feel super powerful weapons will be acquired a bit to easily and eliminate some of the challenge of the game. From that perspective I'm for having the chance to destroy your item at some point.  Personally I'd let it go up to +7 without having that risk since I recall all the content on the harder difficulties were playable just fine with a +7, higher just made things go faster was all. Trying for +8 though I'd say you need a chance for "boom" without preserves.
The nanoforge doesn't work like in global, it works like in hellgate: london single player.
If you haven't played that recently, then I'll go over it.

You need a certain amount of scrap components, and nanoshards, each increasing each time.
So what happens each time you forge an item is it increases the item's level by 2, thus increasing the item's damage, shields, armour, sfx attack ability, sfx defence ability, interrupt attack, interrupt defence, stealth attack, ai change attack, feed, level requirement, item min level, item max level, buy price, sell price, as the case may be.
That's it.
Although, I think(I haven't specifically tested this) that if the item's level goes higher than it should, based on the item's maximum level, then it will be destroyed. Early on when we were first working on Revival we increased the amount of time you could forge an item, and some people said that their items were destroyed, so we decreased the limit back to normal. But we never tested it.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #87 on: Mar 27, 2017; 11:03 AM »
after another person asked in chat about it and i remembered what i wanted to ask for: endless dungeon or, at least, very very deep one with at least several dozens of levels.

also, a challenge version of it, something that would be impossible to complete, each next level should be harder than the previous one.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #88 on: Mar 27, 2017; 11:11 PM »
after another person asked in chat about it and i remembered what i wanted to ask for: endless dungeon or, at least, very very deep one with at least several dozens of levels.
How long would that take to complete?

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #89 on: Mar 28, 2017; 03:46 PM »
How long would that take to complete?
you mean how long should it take a player to complete the dungeon if it had finite levels? i don't know what is normal farming speed at higher levels would be, but i'd say if it was around 10 minutes to kill most enemies, then the whole dungeon should take around 4-5 hours or more - something that would let the player focus on killing and ignore things like going back to station to reset and reenter instance.