Author Topic: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!  (Read 8302 times)

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
Re: Ideas: Skill/Class changes!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2017; 10:47 AM »
Demonspine, Venomous Spirit
Extra projectiles with every 4 points invested.
Demonspine has piercing, right? won't it be a bit too much to be able to throw several long ranged piercing high damage projectiles? if we'll have to pick two properties out of piercing, several projectiles and high damage, i'll pick high damage and piercing. it just feels good. plus, IIRC there are no other piercing skills.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2017; 10:59 AM »
Well in Global it had multiple projectiles but they decreased the piercing chance from 100%. Im fine with the current version tho, however it feels a bit weak compared to Venomous Spirit, not to mention Flameshards.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
    • TDE - The Dark Evolution - TDE
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2017; 12:38 PM »

Lightning Field
Synergy: 8% damage per Arc Legion rank
Synergy: 15% duration per Tempest rank

I would love to have some synergy effects. Not only on these lightning-skills, but in all the skilltrees
To make starting skills more attractive for endgame and reward players for focusing on a single aspect of a skilltree/class.
Wolfilein

InstantDeath - 55/50 - Crit-Markswoman

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2017; 01:27 PM »
I'm not sure sh is the best place to do that. In global, it was a matter of loading times more than gameplay to level grind. Enter => nuke the whole 3 to 7 rooms at once with a strike with +3 billion radius => go out => kick peaople with slow loading times that prevent you from going fast => repeat.

While i really hope the radius "bug" could stay like in HGG, i would prefer bigger areas for levelling as we would spend more time killing stuff than loading the same area. What about increasing the xp/density in the zones that give the orbs you need to fight Moloch ? People would grind there and still be involved in some way as they would want to kill the boss for some reward.

Ah,but we're safe from that my friend!

-Strikes don't seem to be affected by radius/crit/ele %s on weapons,at least not as far as I've noticed yet.
-Exp is generally much more generous than in Global,so there isn't much motive to powergrind.
-Abyss is all the rage,so I doubt people won't grind there too,or even instead of SH.
-Most importantly,we have Wake Hallow  ;) Therefore,no 1st room-and-out runs!

I'd dread to see the level race become what it was,but I doubt we'll see that  :D

I like most of the ideas and suggestions so far.

I would love to see the following changes/implimentations:

- Make elements more usefull/powerfull

- Make skills/builds that focus on Shield/Energyshield more impactfull.
   Maybe more and better interactions with elemetal-effects. This could improve the value of       
   Shieldpenetration.

- Tone down crit chance/multi (should be still viable but very hard to reach cap)
   Global had lower values compared to HG:L, but it had more Item slots to boost crit.
   Maybe cap crit-multi or impliment crit-resist-mod for mobs.

- Impliment some of the Pay-features from global like Inventory-bags, Dismantlers, etc.

- additional Skillpoints per drop and/or questreward. I loved the amount of skillpoints in global.
  (could have used even more for my char +20 wasn't enough^^)

- An additional difficulty or expert-mode to provide a Challange for all the min-maxing freaks out there.
  ( like base defense wich was not intentional but bugged^^)

I have so much ideas... but i will wait until i get a chance to test the London2038 version. Maybe after testing i will create some wall-of-text about portential changes and balancing.

Most of those are already covered  ;) But namely,

-Elementals. Those do feel underpowered in many ways still,so I'd love to see some buff in place.

-Shields. Oh yes,those are much more important than they were.

-Crit. This is a touchy subject,and I'm not sure it can/will be achieved to the point you describe,but it certainly already is better off than in Global.

-Cash shop items. Most of those that can be retrofitted will make it back into the game in some form.

-More skillpoints. These aren't in the game yet,and I'd also want to see them return.

-Difficulties. Well,for the moment there's Normal and Nightmare as it was in SP,but there's also Elite and Hardcore,and there's even talks of restoring Hell. Not sure how that will be finalized (as the way they function now limits the ability to party),but I suspect there will be one for everyone  ;)

I'll update this if something else come in my mind...

Wow those are many!

A few I know I agree or disagree right off the bat:

-General synergies. Yes,absolutely. As long as balance is ensured,synergies are an idea I'm very very fond of.

-Crosscutter. Yes,the simple addition of pierce should make the skill great again  ;)

-Concentrate Elemental. Yes,a billion times yes. It's probably the greatest first step to making Ele builds viable.

-Meat Shield. Yes,absolutely. If a main build of Summoners is making them tanks (still inferior to Guardians due to lack of Denounce and minion dependancy,as it should be),then Meatshield needs to at least be on par with Challenge for dealing with packs. I'd also like to see the Carnagor not being immobilized,as in Global,and reducing its CD to make it an actually reliable taunt skill.

-Hellfire. Yes,the fuse timer is horrendous.

-Lightning Field and Swarm. I do agree they both need a slight buff,and I especially like the idea of buffing Field through synergies with its tree. Makes dedicated builds more appealing.

-Spectral Serpents. This is one I know I disagree with. I feel that having it where it is makes sense,as it both motivates players to invest in the Spectral Tree (weak as it may currently be in endgame,fingers crossed for buffs) and it provides some degree of point-sinking so it doesn't become a skill all builds grab as easily.

The others,well. I'll need to test and envision  ;)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2017; 03:51 PM »
oooh, Synergies, me likey! i'd love to propose some, but, as i understand, synergies is a tool of indirect buffing and i don't know what skills are too strong or too weak.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Butsutekkai

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2017; 07:41 PM »
That's some good news Bryan :)

However, i have to admit i really enjoyed the power of engi strikes in HGG. The radius at least. I feel it was a fun way to use them. I like to see my skills getting bigger as it's a visual representation of the character's power.
Maybe not to the point we had in global though it was completely broken as we were able to cover any map entirely once we reached the bugged threshold :p
Maybe we should be able to increase the radius to a certain extand, but not making them subject to stats like crit ?

I'm happy to see you guys consider changing the hellfire fuse time as it was by far my favorite skill to farm cata with in HGG. Double Glyph Cage hellfire felt so rewarding to play and really smooth to use <3
Zeel - 55/50 Evoker                     >
Nx03-Hogire - 55/50 Striker engi >
KrameRr - 55/50 Marksman         >
   All retired :(

mcenal

• A Shady One
  • Nameless
« Reply #36 on: Jan 17, 2017; 10:38 PM »
If it is at all possible to increase the level cap past 60, though I know in SP and SP mods it starts breaking things down after that because of how the mods worked.  It would be cool to have a lvl 60+ area (I don't know how difficult that would be to do.)
Or perhaps add a new area (like Global added in Tokyo and other places, but rather the main map but with lvl 60+ boost added.)

AngryChelseJP

• Nameless
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2017; 03:06 AM »
※私は英語が話せません。これらはGoogle翻訳、またはトロール英語を用いています。
※I do not speak English. These are Google Translate, or Troll English.

BladeMaster SURGE Skill rework idea

SURGE OF **** ~ NeedCost, ActiveSkill, It can not be used at the same time as other SURGE

////////////rework///////////

SURGE OF **** ~ NoNeedCost, Passive(Activate with 10% chance when Nomalattack or Skill gets hit)
Can be used simultaneously with other SURGE

I think that the effect may remain as it is
However, it is quite inconvenient to use it.

BaseChance10%, +1Skill = +2%SkillReleaseChance

0:30~ Automaticaly surge skills activated

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2017; 04:23 AM »

SURGE OF **** ~ NeedCost, ActiveSkill, It can not be used at the same time as other SURGE

SURGE OF **** ~ NoNeedCost, Passive(Activate with 10% chance when Nomalattack or Skill gets hit)

Heya,welcome :)

Surges are already passive skills now. Their max chance to activate is 12%,and with the Surge Mastery skill they go up to 33%.

So consider that done :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

snomann72

• Nameless
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2017; 09:37 AM »
One other option is auto-sort I forgot to mention.  In Hellgate London MP side, there was a Auto-Sort Feature.  Not sure if anybody remembers and didn't see anybody post it.

AngryChelseJP

• Nameless
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2017; 09:41 AM »

Heya,welcome :)

Surges are already passive skills now. Their max chance to activate is 12%,and with the Surge Mastery skill they go up to 33%.

So consider that done :)

thank you!! arigatou!!
I like skill trees of HGT and HGG over HGL :D

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2017; 10:19 PM »
I'd like to see the option to change the fov for both firstperson and thirdperson cameras.

SeeonX

• Nameless
Re: 2038 Ideas: Skill/Class/General changes!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2017; 04:09 AM »
Problem: Inventory management is an interesting concept and can add new dimensions to any good action RPG. In this version, I feel it slows down game play far too much, stops the immersion of killing demons and puts a dent in crafting.

Idea: Storage increase along the lines of Storage 3.0 mod which gave players 3 slots that you can tab between. Weapon, Armor and Miscellaneous. These tabs should still be restricted to their type. A weapon can't go into the armor tab.

How this would make the game more enjoyable: This change I strongly believe would increase immersion into the game play, while still providing a sense of reward since you can still pick up your rewards. Being able to explore this great game longer and kill more often, while going back to town more on your terms not due to inventory frustrations. This new storage system would be a lot more crafting friendly but not increase Weapon/armor holdings as much if you only put in a normal tab. Not an extended tab which is like haveing 2 normal tabs in one that you can scroll up and down.

What are the negative impacts on gameplay: Increasing the storage by 2 extra slots would allow players to pick up an increased amount of items which I would expect allow them to make a more currency or break down and hold onto more materials. I believe we can counter this by simply inflating prices a bit in act 2 for vendor costs. We would want to increase material upgrade costs for common and uncommon materials costs, not sure about rare item costs they wouldn't technically drop more. 

brookie

• Nameless
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2017; 04:31 AM »
This came up in the chat today, so I'm posting it here so it won't get forgotten:

Skill and Stat resets

Some ideas were:
Having a skill / stat reset npc that has its costs scale with level (essentially a price ceiling for skill / stat resets)

Having free skill / stat resets under a certain level threshold (For example, level 10, or 15?)
This makes the game more beginner friendly and lets new players experiment with their style of gameplay before deciding on one.

There was a comment about how there were free skill / stat resets given as quest rewards as well.

Blackwoodforest

• Nameless
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2017; 12:45 PM »
Having a skill / stat reset npc that has its costs scale with level (essentially a price ceiling for skill / stat resets)

Having free skill / stat resets under a certain level threshold (For example, level 10, or 15?)
This makes the game more beginner friendly and lets new players experiment with their style of gameplay before deciding on one.
There is an item called "skill retrainer" and another one "attrbute retrainer", each resets as Its name says.
You do level fast in the beginning ans stats do really have not much impact in the lower levels, later as the game proceeds with items it gets interesting.