Author Topic: Alpha mini-guides: Summoner  (Read 1029 times)

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Alpha mini-guides: Summoner
« on: May 02, 2017; 07:50 AM »
Disclaimer: As 2038 progresses, much of the info in these guides is very likely to, or even bound to, not apply in the future. The purpose of these guides is to highlight how classes differ from their Global/SP counterparts, so as to provide leveling testers with more efficient ways to test later content.

Edit: Added spoiler tags for easier reading. Added screenshots of some unknown/TC-exclusive items mentioned, but the limit of 4 attachments per post may cause some to be misplaced.

What's the Summoner now?

(click to show/hide)

Key differences with Global

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2017; 06:20 AM by Bryan »
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Alpha mini-guides: Summoner
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017; 07:50 AM »
Gear

Desirable properties, some of which had previously been of secondary importance, include:

• +power.
(click to show/hide)

• +AA/+stat pieces.
(click to show/hide)

• +Minion damage, followed by +minion health/armor.
(click to show/hide)

• +Damage against caste/+damage/increases damage.
(click to show/hide)

• +Elemental damage and +elemental strength.
(click to show/hide)

• Shrapnel.
(click to show/hide)

Nova weapons

Non-Darkform Summoners can very safely choose to make use of Shrapnel and Exploding Spikes. While any high-RoF/constant weapons can assist in this, I feel two particular weapons deserve honorable mentions.

Viridian Drakes

(click to show/hide)

Techsmith's Noxious Effluviator and regular Baneblasters

(click to show/hide)

Foci

Darkform Summoners will likely have much more use for foci than non-Darkform ones, but all Summoners can use one (or two, if a point is invested in Darkform). While all foci can be used with Novas, certain foci types also have distinct advantages Summoners can consider.

Ripshards

(click to show/hide)

Bloodshards

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017; 02:31 AM by Bryan »
-Omerta

The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017; 07:50 AM »
Skills

Given the factors discussed above, here are the rough outlines of two builds that can work sufficiently.

Note, both builds take for granted a +1 to All Skills helmet. This is much easier to augment compared to Global, and it's generally not a rare augment by any means.

Such gear as Tuskull, Balbi's Ring, Remnants of Grregas and other +AS/+skill weapons and rings can also provide room to expand on these builds. They are not accounted for in either build, to ensure gear dependancy is kept at a bare minimum.

Note: I am using Global's skill planner, so kindly refer to the skill explanations below for missing/different skills.

Darkform Tank

(click to show/hide)

Warper/Nova gunslinger

(click to show/hide)

Notes

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017; 12:13 PM by Bryan »
-Omerta

Dreez

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017; 07:06 PM »

This is excellent writing, and being a fellow summoner-player myself, it is deffo something i will read more into conserning Darkform. I am however currently very discouraged in playing Summoner due to the fact that the elementals literally dies from a fart in the wind...  One Husk can toss 1 AoE and its all byebye minions and spend 1 minute summoning.

I'm also afraid that the bosses has a massive damage-bonus against minions such as the Carnagor, because i've seen Moloch 1hit my Tank-carnagor - and that is a huge error in terms of gameplay balance/class balance
Giving bosses a damagebonus towards a pet-class's minions is no different from giving bosses a damage increase on Tank-classes using heavy armor and shield.

One thing conserning Darkform is that Darkform gains it's damage from focus items and not guns AFAIK, so a Darkform summoner using guns for Nova-effect would jimp it's own damage severely.  But then again, i've yet to play Darkform so i can't really tell by experience.

I am really looking forward to testing Darkform, despite it's current bug. I just need to gather some more +AA gear with high armor.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017; 07:22 PM »
Many thanks for the kind words :)

While my preference for the class pushed this guide further than others, I'll admit some parts may have come out sloppy or poorly worded. For instance:
One thing conserning Darkform is that Darkform gains it's damage from focus items and not guns AFAIK, so a Darkform summoner using guns for Nova-effect would jimp it's own damage severely.
Absolutely agreed. In fact, Darkform prohibits the use of guns, so it's practically impossible to mix the two.

What I intended to state there was, Darkform Summoners can use shrapnel in foci as a means of boosting their overall damage. See here for instance, around 10:57. While novas trigger far less often out of melee attacks, the novas' damage seems to benefit greatly from the attacks' base damage.

I'll actually have to research that more, as game data becomes available/explorable. So don't quote me on that last bit just yet :P

I'm also afraid that the bosses has a massive damage-bonus against minions such as the Carnagor, because i've seen Moloch 1hit my Tank-carnagor - and that is a huge error in terms of gameplay balance/class balance
Giving bosses a damagebonus towards a pet-class's minions is no different from giving bosses a damage increase on Tank-classes using heavy armor and shield.
I admit I haven't seen this in action yet, as Carnagor is probably the main demon I've tested the least. I'll definitely have to try to replicate your findings, and if bosses can indeed deal such abnormally high damage to it it's undoubtedly a balance issue that will need to be looked into.
-Omerta

mike0nl

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2017; 12:18 PM »
Maybe wrong place to ask if so il remove it but any 1 now way mobs wont re spawn on sum but the do re spawn on engie farming is a big part of the game but nothing will re-spawn gnip pong / mutilator / morbat etc on engie the will re spawn but on sum only wen you cancel and renew the quest

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2017; 03:40 PM »
Maybe wrong place to ask if so il remove it but any 1 now way mobs wont re spawn on sum but the do re spawn on engie farming is a big part of the game but nothing will re-spawn gnip pong / mutilator / morbat etc on engie the will re spawn but on sum only wen you cancel and renew the quest

I'm not aware of this, might be a class-bound issue if that's the case.
I'll look into it :)
-Omerta

mike0nl

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2017; 03:59 PM »
my wife plays whit sum to same problem the wont spawn :(

mike0nl

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2017; 02:20 PM »
oke found something i got back to normal and turn in the quest got to nightmare mode and now the spawn same whit my wife her sum so there spawning now