Author Topic: 2038 Drone Bug  (Read 820 times)

Alternalo

• Named
2038 Drone Bug
« on: Mar 15, 2017; 03:22 PM »
So this is the second time my Drone just lost it's equipment and it's attributes resetted to zero. First time i was able to fix it by dismantling it in a station, then relaunch the game.

You must know that i spent 1000 point on accuracy, and i was informed the drone can malfunction when it reach more than 1024 stat points, so i didn't pushed this stat further.

The second time it happened i was in a private party of two, after that i wasn't able to summon my drone in a station only if i was in a party, and the equipment is gone (weapon, torso, i had no sword retrofit). I can summon my drone in any instance however, the equipment and the stats are lost, and i cannot retrieve it through the method i've mentioned above.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: 2038 Drone Bug
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2017; 10:19 PM »
Thanks Alternalo.
How is it possible to have 1000+ points to allocate to the drone?
3 points/level = ~147 points
gun retrofit = 56 points
armor retrofit = 56 points
sword retrofit = 56  points(which you don't have)
that's 259 to 315, what am I missing?

Alternalo

• Named
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2017; 08:10 AM »
There is a wierd bug that seems like gives you a LOT more than 3 points per level, and it even continues to give points for every rank you've earned. I had 1000 accu, 256 stam and had 300+ spare points because of this.

I was interested if i can make some use of the extra points and make a crit build for my drone, so i've modded a 6 slot weapon for +9% crit and put on one of those new feral torso for cabalists that gives you 4% inherit crit chance. Didn't put any point to sword retrofit just to make sure my drone will always use the ranged weapon. 1 point on Agressive Mode to fire it more continuously, and maxed out Tactical Mode for extra fire rate. The result was a bit underwhelming tho, the Drone's ai is too slow compared to a player's reaction time, so it looked like it's doing the same or less overall dps than myself however, i was nowhere near 2000% cdb, not to mention the minion damage boosts.
"Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!"

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2017; 08:41 AM »
There is a wierd bug that seems like gives you a LOT more than 3 points per level, and it even continues to give points for every rank you've earned. I had 1000 accu, 256 stam and had 300+ spare points because of this.
Ah okay. That's an extreme bug. I'll look into it in the next couple of days.

binyaqub

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017; 12:30 PM »
This bug was the reason I stopped playing an engi in the original Flagship game. There is also a health issue for the drone that requires you to 'mend' the drone after entering an instance. I've stopped testing 2038 and I am now back playing the single player game which is a different game in construction to the online version. It has the ravager problem where the ravager doesn't want to die so reappears all over the place but that is fun compared to the drone probs (health and equipment issues). The drops in 2038 are rubbish at low level. Back in the day I coined the phrase "I've had better drops in Russell Square" due to the dire Flagship drops. I don't know where this version of the game is going. Is it going to be like WOW private servers? Does T3Fun give their approval? Is this legal? Will I have committed a crime under the British Computer Misuse Act by playing this version of the game? The single player game is made awesome if you use the mods that are available here at Revival. Without the mods it's so-so with them it is on steroids and if you bought a copy of the game then smile you are legal.  :)

Omerta

• Raging Meataloafmaniac
  • Developer
  • Nameless
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017; 04:41 PM »
This bug was the reason I stopped playing an engi in the original Flagship game. There is also a health issue for the drone that requires you to 'mend' the drone after entering an instance. I've stopped testing 2038 and I am now back playing the single player game which is a different game in construction to the online version. It has the ravager problem where the ravager doesn't want to die so reappears all over the place but that is fun compared to the drone probs (health and equipment issues). The drops in 2038 are rubbish at low level. Back in the day I coined the phrase "I've had better drops in Russell Square" due to the dire Flagship drops. I don't know where this version of the game is going. Is it going to be like WOW private servers? Does T3Fun give their approval? Is this legal? Will I have committed a crime under the British Computer Misuse Act by playing this version of the game? The single player game is made awesome if you use the mods that are available here at Revival. Without the mods it's so-so with them it is on steroids and if you bought a copy of the game then smile you are legal.  :)

Interesting attitude; sounds like testing 2038 isn't for you. I will delete your account and remove you from Discord. Have fun in single player :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017; 05:02 PM by Omerta »