Author Topic: Speed Boots, armor dyes and Hexed mods for Naga3b  (Read 2500 times)

Yandor

• Named
Speed Boots, armor dyes and Hexed mods for Naga3b
« on: May 05, 2014; 11:29 AM »
Speed Boots, armor dyes and Hexed mods for Naga3b

These are intended to help with the large mobs in Naga3b but they can be used in Revival 1.5 that it is based on.
I have tried to leave out items (mythic, double edged) that are not supported in Revival 1.2.1 and Lost London games, tried to keep it goof proof fwiw.

There are 8 dyes with armor, shields and defenses that all classes can wear without loading stat costs.
They also add some cc and cd.

A range of batteries that boost attack strengths and fine tune these with a range that scale these by up to +300%. These are suited to some Hunter shooters.

A range of relics similar to the batteries that help support some evo weapons and swords and some shooters.

There are two ammos that add on-hit nova to fast shooters, only one is needed and it is optional.

There is only one tech that adds range so if you want to put it into a sniper rifle for shooting down the exospecter at the Big Gundown in Naga3 (from the top of the building or from the ground). You might need to prd back to the station to take it out of your main shooter, sorry about that, didn't see it coming. For that job you probably also want the two biggest batteries (+600 and +300%) plus the range, so a sniper rifle with 2 battery slots and one tech slots is the minimum.

There are 3 speed boots +50%, one for each class. You may need to reach level 5 before you can wear them. This will happen in Holborn quite quickly. These also add armor and shields. There is one pair of hunter pants with armor and defenses that might only be needed at high level although the denser the mobs the sooner the need might arise. The same works for the hexed mods, the bigger the mobs the sooner you end up using the two biggest (+600 and +300%) to maintain level completion times.

How you are supposed to get down to Necropolis 3 in Naga3 or Lost London without them I do not know. People are silent, perhaps because they havn't got there, idk wth.

Naga3 has seriously low player speed so the boots are kinda essential and they could benefit from more speed again.

Unzip and dump the two hg1 files into your \my games\hellgate\save\singleplayer folder where your save files go (Vista or 64bit machines might use some other folder). Use Renimator 1_1_0 beta3b (Trade Item is on the Tools tab, it takes a while to load) to import the cube contents into your chosen character but remember to remove any weapons from their F1-F3 slots first.

SpeedBoots3ClassesNaga.hg1 contains the 3 speed boots and one pants. These were spawned on the older 1.2.1 game so they will still take up 4 squares each in the cube and in your Naga or 1.5b inventory. If you aug these they will revert to the unhexed originals, if so delete them before re-importing from the hg1.

ModsDyesNaga.hg1 contains the Black Knight Dye kits, hexed mods and a few low level hunter shooters that all classes might now use in Naga3 and which support the basic set of hexed mods, one or two batteries, the ammo if nova is needed, the tech if range is needed. The +100 attack strength battery is the usual one to start with.

Some links to background info on these-
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-save-files/stretched-black-knight-dye-kits/
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-save-files/scaling-master-cell-5-line-crippling-battery-hexed/

My first Naga3 character did not get a cube, perhaps because I talked to Murmer before talking to Nemo, idk. Now I go straight to Nemo and get the cube to make sure I get it.

The downside is that large mobs necessitate these items but in turn make you dependant on them rather than on the expanded skill selections for playing the game. It probably does need smaller mobs so that the skills have more effect. A drone, swords or summons were not intended to cut big mobs. Its a learning curve.

Spoiler-
When you get the quest to Embankment Redoubt you are given a stack of teleportation devices (Item Trade doesn't like these and fails with an exception). These can be put in a skill slot so you activate it by pressing a number. Apparently it works like the blink skill which does not wok from the top floor by the CIS control tower. Go down to the ground floor, centre yourself in the doorway then walk back until the stairs bring you up to a height where your centre of vision looks above the top strand of wire netting. It might depend on the height of your character and hit the teleport. You might want to try it on level ground or through a regular doorway to get used to it. You can abandon the quest and get it again if you waste the stack playing around. You have to go back to Lucius to restart the quest sequence that gets you a fresh stack.
Once you kill the mob that has too many zombies for squadies and killed Beelzebub, get close to the portal that appears and click, all done prd out. You might also use /stuck to get back to the entrance side if needed.
Its probably best to use these up or delete them before you get to the nightmare version of the quest but there is one way to find out. They seem to work better than the Hunter Escape skills so its a pity you can't duplicate stacks of them with Item Trade or have the blink skill on the common skill set option.

Zips attached below.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2014; 01:06 AM by Yandor »

DrLight

• Founder
  • Nameless
Re: Speed Boots, armor dyes and Hexed mods for Naga3b
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2014; 09:14 PM »
how did you create the cabbalist boots & legs withe the greatstats - I'd like to make a set for my templar & hunter characters

Yandor

• Named
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2014; 01:42 AM »
how did you create the cabbalist boots & legs withe the greatstats - I'd like to make a set for my templar & hunter characters
There are speed boots for templar and hunter in the zips at the bottom of the post, save you the effort of making some.

Fixed the links shown in blue so they work again.

They were hexed using HxD which I see you have a problem with but I can't seem to find the hexing thread at the moment, just the guide to hexing in the guide section. It was too long ago. HxD is unhelpful for beginners. I think you start the singleplayer game, I generally went to Holborn , paused it then tabbed out of the game, started HxD, used a drop down list on a tab that lets you open Hellgate.exe in ram. The game might have to be in windowed mode for you to tab out of it. Sorry if it is vague. Malachor did some very useful guides on hexing. Anyway the game has to be running before you can use HxD on it.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2014; 02:42 AM by Yandor »

DrLight

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2014; 10:38 PM »
thanks vey much