Author Topic: Request: 28 Elite MM (preferably clean, read for more)  (Read 2646 times)

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
This has to be the laziest method but here goes.

After reading this site existed and figuring it wasn't another bogus attempt at actually picking up where flagship left off, i near instantly reinstalled HGL and started spreading death and destruction once again.

Then came the horrible truth that whatever i did so far wasn't a marker for endgame play since it was a normal char, not an elite char (few years of not touching this game kinda made me forget about that).

Horror ensued thinking i had to re-level another MM on elite since there was no apparent way to convert normal to elite chars. Then i read this topic.

So here's some of the terms (if you can call it that)

- If there's somehow a way to convert a normal char to an elite char, this topic can be closed and i would be delighted if someone told me how.
- If there's a way to edit a character, turn it into level 28 with accompanying skill and attribute points (following basic level up rules) the same as above applies.

If none of the above applies, i'm looking for:
- A "clean as possible" level 28 MM on Elite diff. The only "has to be's" are full height, exactly 50% bulk.

Optional (praise and worship if this is thrown in)
- Black hair, not long, pale white skin, etc. Not rich (eg no 10000m palla on a char) no gear, fully reset attribute and skill points and position in game no further than liverpool station (as if just arriving there)

I'm willing to go as far as handing out "thank you's" via paypal for anything or anyone that manages to help me out with this.

That said, well that's all really. Thanks for reading :)
Spectral Sniper rifles. Turning evil into dogfood through superior science ®

andariel78

• Nameless
Re: Request: 28 Elite MM (preferably clean, read for more)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2011; 09:15 PM »
Well, I don't have a save for you. But if you're not afraid to use Reanimator, I've came up with a way for you to get the character you want.

Basically what this method does is to chance the experience given by the zombies from the tuturial. So that when you reach Holborn Station you've got a leveled character.

Here goes:
1) Open up Reanimator and open the "Monsters" table.

2) Scroll down to row 522, which is "zombie_tutorial"

3) Scroll about a quarter to the right until you reach the column "experience"

4) change this to the desired value. Since I've got Lost London installed, my necessary values might be different from yours. I've got it set to 150000, when reaching Holborn I'm level 25. And if I only kill the zombies and restart the level (save+exit), I'm level 35+ when I reach Holborn station.

5) scroll further to the right until you hit the column treasure. This is currently 10 (no treasure). You might want to change that to 7, this is "defaultbossgoodtreasure". Otherwise, once in Holborn station, you'll have lousy gear and no money to buy better stuff. Making further progress rather difficult.

6) after changing the experience and treasure inside Reanimator, make sure to click outside of the edited cells, so that another cell is selected. In my experience, if you don't do this, sometimes the change doesn't stick. Make sure to save your changes, either CTRL+S or File -> Save

I've added a couple of pics to make things clear.

Good luck :)

EDIT: Added the treasure bit, since I got stuck in Holborn Station with useless low-level gear, no money and many high-level monsters :(

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2011; 11:16 PM »
I threw together a hasty attempt to meet your demands :)
[attachment=0:220kzcyu]Cyriel.rar[/attachment:220kzcyu]
I took the liberty of naming him after your username,if it's not what you had in mind you can always rename it.If anything else feels amiss,be it facial hair,skin tone and the such or anything else,feel free to point it out. :)
The character is just leaving Holborn Station,no points distributed anywhere and no cash amassed.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2011; 06:31 AM »
Dear god i forgot about making this D:

@Andariel, Bedankt, is zeker handig om te weten als ik ooit een reroll wil maken :D

@Bryan. Thanks so much but i more or less spent the last 2 days rebuilding one on elite D: I really feel bad if you put a lot of effort in it so ima use it anyways :D Thanks a lot ^^

pennywise1

• Founder
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #4 on: Apr 29, 2011; 08:54 AM »
Quote from: "Cyriel"
@Bryan. Thanks so much but i more or less spent the last 2 days rebuilding one on elite D: I really feel bad if you put a lot of effort in it so ima use it anyways :D Thanks a lot ^^

I could not help but laugh when I read this... Forgive me...

Pop? What pop?
You said you worked magic on me to do away with all the popping.
There should\'nt be any popping.
There\'s protective magic! You said so! Make it protect!

andariel78

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2011; 10:39 AM »
Well, it seems worked out fine. So good luck.

For some further info: I've been messing some more with reanimator and if you set "treasure" to 367, you'll get Sydonai's loot. In 15 minutes of saving, exiting and rerunning the tutorial I've managed to get 10 dye's.  8-)

So it's definately exploitable, but I've completed SP without any dye drops so I don't feel to bad about it.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #6 on: Apr 29, 2011; 02:40 PM »
Quote from: "pennywise1"
Forgive me...
Nevah!!  :lol:

Quote from: "Cyriel"
Thanks so much but i more or less spent the last 2 days rebuilding one on elite D: I really feel bad if you put a lot of effort in it so ima use it anyways :D Thanks a lot ^^
Oh it was put together in a matter of minutes to be honest,no need for any guilt on your part  ;) Best of luck with the one you got going :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011; 04:50 PM »
Andariel, after following the changes you've made, i've gotta say i'm curious how you made it so they still give exp (or rather enough exp to level to 25-35.)

On the first kill, i'm level 9. Then after a lot more kills im level 10. No way there's enough zombies to level me to 25. Also all the loot is level 1 or around level 1. Even the addition of sydonai's drops makes it the same (save for the uniques, they scale levels accordingly)

So how, pray tell, did you manage to make them level scale ?