Author Topic: Pets and weapons...  (Read 364 times)

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
  • A life without insanity; isn't much of a life...
Pets and weapons...
« on: Oct 01, 2017; 12:37 PM »
Just wondering if there is a way through Reanimator to get all of the pets at all?

And also I use Lost London and I am wondering how to alter fire rate of the Tempest Rifle that Cabalists start with...
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2017; 12:51 PM by SaltedTequila »
There comes a point in life, where all you can do ...... is be awesomely insane...

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: Pets and weapons...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2017; 03:30 AM »
The easiest way would be to modify an existing cube recipe result. You could also add them when the character is created, but that means an existing character wouldn't get them.
I'll go over the recipe.
In reanimator, open the items table.
Go down looking for the pets. I don't have Lost London installed, so I can't tell you the precise values, but for vanilla(unmodded) hgl, the first pet, mantawraith, is at index 178. If it's not there, then it's probably further down.
So there's mantawraith_pet, mantawraithfss_pet, cocomoko_pet, cocomoko_pet_korea, zombo_pet, zombo_pet_IAH all close together. Further down past the fawkesday content at index 245(or thereabouts) is zombie_xmas_pet.
I don't know if the other three, the Revenant, Heap Raptor and Naiutili are in Lost London, but they aren't in vanilla hgl.
So, for the other 7, make a note of their index values, then open the treasure table.
Go to cube_result_townportal(approximately index 469).
The parts we're interested in is item2 to item8 and value2 to value8. You could overwrite item1 and value1 but it's not necessary.
For each of the valueX columns, change the 0 to 1.
For the itemX columns change the 0 to 1 and the first -1 to the index of the pets that you made a note of. For item2 it should look like this: 1,178,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Make sure that you keep all of the , the -1 and 0. After your changes there should be 20 , 9 -1 and 10 0
When you're happy that everything's correct, go up to File->SaveAs and save treasure in a convenient location. If you already have a data\excel folder in your reanimator directory, then save it there.
For the fire rate, open the Items table, close Treasure.
Wait they start with a tempest rifle? Not a Firedart pistol, or Locust hive?Hmm ok.
Go to index 811(approximately) In the name column it's called Charged Bolter. This can be confirmed by scrolling down in the righthand side of the Table and finding the String_string line.
After confirming it, keep scrolling down until you find cdTicks(as a rough guide, the righthand scrollbar should about halfway down) If you see ElectricDirect, you're close, it's a couple of lines up from that in fact.
cdTicks should have a value of 3584. To get the fire rate, you divide 153600 by the cdTicks value, so in this case we get 42.85. So to get the cdTicks, we need to divide 153600 by your desired rate of fire, as an example, for 100 rounds/minute(rpm) 153600 / 100 = 1536
So type into cdTicks the number you got.
File->SaveAs into the data\excel folder.

Now, to get both changes to work, run hellpack.exe. If everything works, then look in the data folder and you should see sp_hellgate_1337.dat and sp_hellgate_1337.idx.
Move them into your hellgate london\data folder and start the game. I don't know if the fire rate change will affect existing tempest rifles, but it's easy enough to check. For the pets, open the cube, put in an analyzer and basic powerpack, click on the button and you should see all of the pets and a prd(item1).

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2017; 12:34 AM »
Those work perfect thank you :)

Unfortunately 1 more question, I am using the most recent Reanimator and I want to get the All Hallows Visage, is there a nice easy to to get this to my character?

EDIT: got it now, but no idea on how to alter stats and would love to try my hand at texture alteration
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2017; 12:57 PM by SaltedTequila »
There comes a point in life, where all you can do ...... is be awesomely insane...

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2017; 07:45 PM »
Done some tweaking to accquire the halloween armor, got them, but it seems to have spawned an event, as EVERY rare or higher monster now spawns pets - i havent asked it to do that mind you, but my inventory gets full of pets within a single map run....

so how can i turn that part off...or even just increase the stack size to multiple instead of single?
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2017; 08:06 PM by SaltedTequila »

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2017; 02:00 AM »
Without knowing what changes you've made it's a bit hard to tell you how to fix it, but you could try reversing the changes you made.

Regarding the texture editing:
Go to View -> File Explorer
Once it's loaded, you'll see a tree of folders on the left side.
Most textures are in the units folder.
For armour, they're in the players folder.
If you were interested in changing the All Hallow's Visage, then go to data\units\players\heads\male\hair\male_hair_01\male_skull.dds
Check the checkbox for the file, then on the right side of the File Explorer, find the button that says Extract to..., click on it and select where you want to extract the file.
Once the file has been sxtracted, have a look at this topic: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-guides/hg-l-texture-file-information/

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2017; 05:48 PM »
Without knowing what changes you've made it's a bit hard to tell you how to fix it, but you could try reversing the changes you made.

Only changes I made was adding the Visage and Flameguards as a recipe; once I had them equipped, it seemed to spark off the pet onslaught....

Regarding the texture editing:
Go to View -> File Explorer
Once it's loaded, you'll see a tree of folders on the left side.
Most textures are in the units folder.
For armour, they're in the players folder.
If you were interested in changing the All Hallow's Visage, then go to data\units\players\heads\male\hair\male_hair_01\male_skull.dds
Check the checkbox for the file, then on the right side of the File Explorer, find the button that says Extract to..., click on it and select where you want to extract the file.
Once the file has been sxtracted, have a look at this topic: http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-guides/hg-l-texture-file-information/

I shall give this a go; cheers :)

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2017; 11:14 PM »

Only changes I made was adding the Visage and Flameguards as a recipe; once I had them equipped, it seemed to spark off the pet onslaught....

Just a theory, I installed the Revival Patch before I did Lost London and I know both aint compatible, one cancels the other; but could the halloween even be on because of revival? If so, how can I turn it off without reverting all mods and re installing? I have managed to Reanimator the pets so they don't auto pick up so far....

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2017; 11:37 PM »
I suggest reverting the fawkes armour recipe and seeing if that does anything.
If it does then you can look into it more closely.

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2017; 11:50 PM »
I suggest reverting the fawkes armour recipe and seeing if that does anything.
If it does then you can look into it more closely.

Unfortunately no change :/ completely reverted them, but the drops still drop - altered a few parts then the whole row, but no change ...... I apologise I ask so much lol

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2017; 03:21 AM »
You said that you installed Revival before Lost London.
On a side note, there is no halloween event, I think you're thinking of Fawke's event which happens in november.
I imagine that installing Lost London would have reverted any changes made by Revival anyway.
I might be wrong, I've forgotten how the old style launcher treats existing mods.

If you create another character and it doesn't have the items drop, then that would mean that the character is the issue, not any mods. Although if it is the character then I don't know how to fix it, so not much help there I guess.

Could you provide a detail list of what you've done since installing the game. So what mods in the order you installed them. What changes you personally have made, files changed(were they from a mod and which mod) and actual changes themselves.

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2017; 06:58 PM »
I've looked into it and decided to unfortunately replace the treasure file back to LL, with a few complications I have managed to stop the drops happening at the alarming rate they was - now its back to normal where you get 1 or 2 every now and then....

Only thing that came negatively (only a slight bad point) is the common injectors, pills and other consumable do not automatically pick up anymore; however I think I could possibly alter these to my choosing anyways...

And as always I can only express huge thanks Mal for your assistance in all of this :)

Lets hope one day HG:R forums will bustle again ...