Author Topic: Installing Reanimator and using the Item Trading function  (Read 31551 times)

greino

• Nameless
Re: Installing Reanimator and using the Item Trading functio
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2010; 02:07 AM »
I need help with the mods i have tried three times now. I have the original HGL installed and patched. I'm getting confused with reanimator and revival. I installed reanimator but how to install revival from here. i tried install mods from the reanimator menu but nothing happens, what am i doing wrong

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2010; 03:07 AM »
Quote from: "greino"
I need help with the mods i have tried three times now. I have the original HGL installed and patched. I'm getting confused with reanimator and revival. I installed reanimator but how to install revival from here. i tried install mods from the reanimator menu but nothing happens, what am i doing wrong

If Reanimator is working fine, just return to using our "newLauncher" to install all your mods like before :) The mod install option inside of Reanimator is only experimental/for testing and not really meant to be used, yet.
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

greino

• Nameless
« Reply #32 on: Sep 28, 2010; 06:16 AM »
how does everyone else say they can get it to work fine. Is there someone out there that uses reanimator and revival that their mods working fine, how did you get them to work together. This is the fourth attemp

VampQ

• Evil Bunneh
  • Administrator
  • Dark Will
« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2010; 08:43 AM »
You won't install the mods using reanimator. Install reanimator first and then go there viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1568 download the installer and install the mods using this.
Who says nothing is impossible?
I've been doing nothing for years.

greino

• Nameless
« Reply #34 on: Sep 28, 2010; 09:21 AM »
I'll try this and see if this works thanks for info

greino

• Nameless
« Reply #35 on: Sep 28, 2010; 09:24 AM »
do i create a character first or install reanimator first? or install reanimator create a character then install revival mods?

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #36 on: Sep 28, 2010; 01:34 PM »
do i create a character first or install reanimator first? or install reanimator create a character then install revival mods?

Hm... never really thought about that but I guess creating a character AFTER installing the official 1.2 Patch and BEFORE installing our 1.2.1 Patch/Reanimator would be the best choice.

1. If HGL is already installed and patched to 1.2 AND you already have the 1.2.1 Revival patch installed, use the "newLauncher" to uninstall all custom fun mods ("Revert/Uninstall mods") and continue with #5. Don't start the game and play with any character before you reinstall 1.2.1 or you will lose your items! If you're doing a fresh HGL install, continue with #2.
2. Install HGL
3. Patch it with the official 1.2 patch
4. Start a game/create a character/play for a bit
5. Install Reanimator using the guide in the fiirst post
6. Install the 1.2.1 patch and after that any other additional mod you want to use via the "newLauncher"
7. Play
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

greino

• Nameless
« Reply #37 on: Sep 29, 2010; 04:55 AM »
It didn't work and i didn't receive the dye kits in the 2 characters i created and everytime i play a character it saves in another folder and i have to unzip it and move it to the save folder.

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #38 on: Sep 29, 2010; 11:25 AM »
It didn't work and i didn't receive the dye kits in the 2 characters i created...

That sounds like the 1.2.1 mod installation didn't work correctly... Try starting up the "newLauncher" and click on "install mod" and select our 1.2.1 revival patch .mod.zip file. Report ANY errors or warning messages you get during the installation process.

...and everytime i play a character it saves in another folder and i have to unzip it and move it to the save folder.

Our launcher provides you with a "character backup" feature which makes sure that your character is safe after installing new mods. For this the character is zipped into a special folder BEFORE starting the game. There should be no need to unzip it and move it to the savegame folder. What happens if you just don't do anything, will the character still appear in the character selection screen?
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!

thejackal

• Nameless
« Reply #39 on: Oct 01, 2010; 07:32 AM »
Hello.  I installed Reanimator the other day and finally had a chance to trade some items between characters of mine.  Now that I've loaded them up again, I find that I can't switch between any weapon set for my characters (and analyzers and other impossible items managed to make it into the weapon slots).  Is there any way I can fix this and get things back to normal?

Jackal

PeeterMcG

• Founder
  • Eldest
"Don't argue with idiots -- they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Quote from: RoanK
i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about,
Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2010; 07:57 AM »
Hey there Jackal,welcome.

What you encountered there is a bug,and quite an infamous one at that :P
Sadly I can't be of much help in solving it.An obvious solution would be to replace the affected characters' files with backups of them before the trade.If you happen to keep those,that is.I didn't.  :(

Other than that,I've had a couple characters who had the issue solved by dismantling/destroying the items that had occupied the weapon slots and reloading the game.Though there's some downsides to this as well,I doubt that's what you had in mind when you asked for "a way to fix this and get things back to normal".
You'll lose the items you dismantle/destroy (naturally),as well as the items they had possibly replaced in the weapon slots (sadly,no way to bring back/restore these).Other than that,it's not guaranteed it will make the weapon slots functional again,let alone that "everything" will be back to normal.
And my complete lack of programming knowledge doesn't help in illustrating either xD

The thread Peter pointed to can also be of (quite) some help on the matter.

<grunt> been writing all this time,and he just so appropriately posts a link before I make my darn post.Why the hell didn't I think of posting that link in the first place...Grrr...
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

PeeterMcG

• Founder
  • Eldest
« Reply #42 on: Oct 01, 2010; 08:29 AM »
I recalled something about the issue and hit the handy dandy "search" button at the top of the screen.  PRESTO
"Don't argue with idiots -- they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Quote from: RoanK
i have absolutely no idea what i'm talking about,
Save your breath...You'll need it to blow up your date.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #43 on: Oct 01, 2010; 08:34 AM »
Kinda remembered the thread(s) on the matter,couldn't bother checking if they summed up the matter as they should.So I...melted my fingers.The irony  :lol:

Excuse me by the way.You mentioned something about a what button?
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Kite

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #44 on: Oct 01, 2010; 12:06 PM »
Quote from: "thejackal"
Hello.  I installed Reanimator the other day and finally had a chance to trade some items between characters of mine.  Now that I've loaded them up again, I find that I can't switch between any weapon set for my characters (and analyzers and other impossible items managed to make it into the weapon slots).  Is there any way I can fix this and get things back to normal?

Jackal

Currently the best way to avoid this problem is like posted in the guide on the first page of this thread:
Trading Items:
One small advice:
Using the Item Trading function may corrupt your character savegames! Make sure to unequip all weapons and shields from the three weapon slots (F1 - F3) before continuing and create backups of all characters you're going to trade with! If you notice some strange behavior when starting the game with a character you traded with (e.g. weapon slots not displaying the weapons you place in them) IMMEDIATELY quit the game and DO NOT load any other characters! Either restore your backup (and that of the other character you traded with so you don't lose the items) or restart the game to see if the bug still exists.

If you encounter this problem, it is best to restore a savegame of your character (Reanimator should create one before each item trading save). While I managed to identify the cause of this bug I wasn't able to successfully eliminate it, yet.

My changes to the trading system actually made matters a bit worse... previously it was perfectly save to ADD items to one character as the bug only occured when you removed items from the invenotry. Due to new item handling mechanics the bug now occurs no matter if your character receives or give items...
~ Recettear ~
Capitalism, ho!