Author Topic: HG:L (Steam, 2018) - Any chance for Reanimator/launcher to work with?  (Read 583 times)

drowninginjello

• Nameless
Any chance we'll see an updated reanimator for the Steam relaunch of HG:L? I've tried using Reanimator and it can't find the files needed for editing.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
Unfortunately, the people who worked on reanimator are no longer around to update it.

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
I'm guessing your best bet is using hellpack. Should still be up, but reanimator is a no go. At least for the time being.
Spectral Sniper rifles. Turning evil into dogfood through superior science ®

aarnold1000

• Nameless
Is the source code available?

djmalsidious

• Nameless
Mod I just released that's in the mod section now and nexus won't work.

So far it looks like the steam version is a very different animal and not compatible in the least.   I'm too nub to know to make it steam friendly or how much of the code was changed.

At this point I have to throw in the towel into some good folks here can figure out some sort of patch for reanimate.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2018; 05:05 PM by djmalsidious »

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Try this.

I don't know if it'll work because I don't have the Steam version, but Reanimator had more client types defined, including Resurrection which at least loaded Global data and I'm thinking might work with Steam. I just renamed the "load TCv4" checkbox in the options and changed it to load Resurrection instead.

If it doesn't work, I'm not really interested in spending the time to get it to work. The Google Code archive is probably still around, shouldn't be hard to find for anyone who wants to look through it.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018; 08:02 PM by Firvagor »
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.