Author Topic: Tutorial on 'hexing' your Character  (Read 28774 times)

Ross_R

• Nameless
Re: Tutorial on 'hexing' your Character
« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2012; 02:41 AM »
You're talking about Items table, right? And about Convulsor, right? Well, what version of Hellgate do you use then, because I just do not have 2042 in my Items table. As well as Convulsor itself.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #61 on: Jun 20, 2012; 03:23 AM »
Revival 1.5b1.
If you're using the official hellgate london 1.2 patch then no, it's not in there, and it was never in single player, only multiplayer.

Ross_R

• Nameless
« Reply #62 on: Jun 20, 2012; 03:40 AM »
Thanks. Maybe I'll use Revival patch, but I will think about it. I guess, I will try to make an 8-slot Voodoo.

XM313Raptor

• Nameless
« Reply #63 on: Aug 06, 2014; 07:41 AM »
I was just wondering, would it be possible to edit multiple strings at a time, in the same window of HxD or any other hex editor, for that matter? Let's suppose I have a weapon with six stupid augmentations that just don't fit my needs: can I change the six corresponding strings at the same time ? That would make much faster and easier the tedious process of running HL, load character, Alt+Tab, open HxD, edit, save, close, reload character, etc etc etc, for each and every single string... Thank you very much in advance.

Yandor

• Named
« Reply #64 on: Aug 06, 2014; 07:14 PM »
I was just wondering, would it be possible to edit multiple strings at a time, in the same window of HxD or any other hex editor, for that matter? Let's suppose I have a weapon with six stupid augmentations that just don't fit my needs: can I change the six corresponding strings at the same time ?
Six at once yes.
It might pay to use a copy and paste technique to reduce the risk of typing errors.
Also be aware that HxD sometimes fails to alter the first byte when pasting a change.
So don't move so fast that you fail to check that HxD did what it was supposed to do.
Any change runs the risk of the game rejecting it if you chose an option it doesn't support.
Six changes just means six times the chance that one change is not supported.
If you have used those changes before under similar circumstances then it is certainly worth a shot.
Best not to use the Augmentrix or whatever on a modified weapon or at least make a copy of the savegame first in case Auggy eats the weapon.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014; 07:27 PM by Yandor »

XM313Raptor

• Nameless
« Reply #65 on: Aug 08, 2014; 08:00 AM »
Six at once yes.

Oh my, I think I've wasted tens of hours, perhaps hundreds, editing strings one by one. Now Sydonai will pay for that  :D

By the way, Yandor, though it might fall a little bit off topic, did I ever thank you for your wonderful dye kits & hexed mods ? Such a fine collection can only be referred to as "The Jewels of the Crown", -in comparison, the ones at the Tower of London are useless trash...

Best not to use the Augmentrix or whatever on a modified weapon

I see you are using the same method you describe in your tutorial on stretching dye kits...a very, very interesting choice. The final result is the same as editing the random affixes you get via Augmantatrix, but the process is much faster and even safer.

Thank you so much for your enlightening advices.

Yandor

• Named
« Reply #66 on: Aug 09, 2014; 10:42 AM »
I think I've wasted tens of hours
Invested perhaps?

dye kits & hexed mods
Very welcome XM313Raptor, glad they worked for you.

stretching dye kits...a very, very interesting choice
Perceptive.
Once stretched they seemed like a blank canvas to work on.
The jewelery slots in the later games might provide a second blank canvas once stretched, but that lies ahead. Waiting waiting.

enlightening
Hex me up a mega dose of enlightened and simmer in steroids please.
So much is almost possible. If only.

XM313Raptor

• Nameless
« Reply #67 on: Aug 14, 2014; 09:37 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Yandor.

Your method seems the only choice if you want to do things fast. Editing an item which has been already augmented takes a lot of time. and it will always do. It is possible to change several strings at once, but HxD or any other hex editor won't save but the first one.

Hex me up a mega dose of enlightened and simmer in steroids please

My mummy told me not to hex stuff like that, it might be addictive...  :o

WindSoar25

• Nameless
« Reply #68 on: Mar 28, 2017; 09:19 PM »
so i have been read through this thread and i wanted to ask a general question would something like Hex Editor Neo work to alter Hexadecimal files along with Cheat Engine 6.6 seeing as HxD  dose not work on x64 bit systems and Hellgate london x64?