Author Topic: Tex ?  (Read 509 times)

Guardian of the Hell

• Nameless
Tex ?
« on: Jun 22, 2017; 01:18 PM »
I interested in texture editing include items , armors , weapons ,UI and much more. I actually need help to reach tex files . so i asked you . Hope you know how. :)

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: Tex ?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2017; 01:50 AM »
The easiest way to get the textures is to use unhell. All you need to do is drag either the .idx or .dat file onto unhell.exe and it will extract all files.
The files I'd suggest looking at is:
hellgate_graphicshigh000
hellgate_playershigh000
hellgate000
sp_hellgate_1.10.180.3416_1.18074.70.4256
and maybe:
mp_hellgate_1.10.180.3416_1.0.86.4580
Also look at texture information.

Guardian of the Hell

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2017; 03:08 AM »
It was so useful . but when I edited them , how can they saved and work in the game...?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2017; 02:15 AM »
Sorry about that, completely forgot.
Grab Reanimator, extract it to your hellgate london directory, like Hellgate London\Reanimator, then create the appropriate folder structure for your textures within Reanimator.
So something like this for 3rd person male cabalist textures as an example:
Hellgate London\Reanimator\Data\units\players\cabalist\cabalist_male_3p\tech_light\low (use the unhelled folder structure as a guide as to what folder structure to use for Reanimator)
Then copy your modified textures into tech_light if you have high quality textures or low if you have low quality ones.
Once the textures are in the correct place, then run Hellpack.exe, just double click on it.
It will create 2 files, sp_hellgate_1337.dat, and sp_hellgate_1337.idx which you then move or copy into your games Data folder, and then run the game.

I think that's all there is to it, but let me know if you have any problems.