Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 4.2  (Read 10490 times)

GeneralDelta

• Nameless
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 4.2
« Reply #75 on: Oct 01, 2020; 04:54 PM »
Allright so I got the inventory to work from Nagahaku, but all the weapons you have added are still big. Do you by any chance have those codes for me so I can add them to the list so they can be a single slot aswell?

I was also wondering if you know how Nagahaku managed to get enemies to stay at the player's level at all times. Would be nice to add that here and make it a bit harder by raising the level cap up a bit.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #76 on: Oct 01, 2020; 11:44 PM »
You'll have to start working with the Reanimator on all these things.
Open with Reanimator table "items". Parameters "invWidth" and "invHeight" determine the size of each item (in the number of squares). Nagahaku changes all items in this script to size 1x1, if they belong to a certain "unitType". So find the items you want to shrink in the list and look at the value of their "itemType". Then add this number among the others in the script.
You can also open the "itemtype" table directly and see the names of the individual categories. Placing some items in categories can be confusing, but usually has a good reason.

The monster level is set in the table "level", parameter "monsterLevelFromActivator" must be set on "1", then all monster will be on player level. It is also necessary to delete the values of the fixed level in the parameters "monsterLevel" and "monsterLevelNightmare". Please note that setting this feature for all levels will prevent players from gaining some valuable low level uniques.

Raising the level cap above lv55 causes the game to crash frequently, and Nagahaku eventually added it only as an optional feature.

Duke

• Nameless
« Reply #77 on: Oct 04, 2020; 03:08 PM »
Hi, Kikina, I found a bug about the automatic rifle 'Lee's Lightlance', maybe it's a bug for all the weapons adding addititonal 'Beacon' rank. My skill 'Beacon' (as a Marksman) reaches rank 10 and this weapon provides additional 'Beacon 3', but after equipping this weapon, the rank of skill 'Beacon' doesn't reach 13 -- it still shows rank 10. The additional rank of 'Beacon' seems doesn't work at all.
By the way, when skill 'Elemental Beacon' is activate following the use of 'Beacon', could you please change the panel of monster to exibit the real-time elemental defenses? Since the HP of monsters can be real-time exibited, I think it's not a big problem for you.
Additionally, I found that the damage decrased when I attack monsters with higher level than me even if 2 monsters with different levels have the same elemental defenses. I want to know how the damage calculated.
Thanks for your reply :).

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #78 on: Oct 04, 2020; 08:11 PM »
Hello  :)
Skills - this is normal, it's the same with all skills. It is not possible to exceed the skill maximum value in Hellgate. However, if you assign only 7 points to that skill, the effect of the weapon will take effect - the skill will have a value of 10.
Real time defense - i'm not the author of the new monster panel, i took it from the official Revival. I'm not sure if that could be done at all. It would probably have to be calculated directly by the script of that panel, because such a variable is not in the game.
Damage formula - that's more of a question for Bryan. The way the game calculates these things is still mysterious. Omerta solved it nicely in London 2038 - he added a DPS meter to the game showing a real number. Unfortunately, i can't do this ...

Duke

• Nameless
« Reply #79 on: Oct 05, 2020; 01:20 AM »
Ok, I see. I misunderstood the use of additional skills. The elemental defenses of monster are just read though 'character sheet' (index 5 of UI_CONPONENT) of the game, so the mind of showing real-time elemental defenses can't be directly achieved by modifying the main_screen.xml in moster_info pakage. I find that DPS meter label and DPS meter bar are of index 264 and 265 in UI_CONPONENT, maybe we can add the DPS tracker like "monster tracker" on main_screen.xml in monster_info package to show the DPS.
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2020; 04:20 AM by Duke »

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #80 on: Oct 06, 2020; 01:08 AM »
Those UI components will probably be part of the graphics for the weapon panel, where the dps is displayed.
I've dealt with the problem of DPS display before. Although the game uses the stat "dps_damage", the problem is that it is not ready for display - missing in table chardisplay. This table cannot be edited in Reanimator (error and crash). If i edit it manually, the game will report a missing link error. So either i'm doing something wrong, or the newly created stat must be taken into account in another table ... I don't know what to do with it yet.

Duke

• Nameless
« Reply #81 on: Oct 06, 2020; 12:26 PM »
It's really not easy to achieve the wanted effects. Thanks for your hard working to bring us such a good mod.

chaos0ne

• Nameless
« Reply #82 on: Oct 11, 2020; 07:22 PM »
i seached for the elementals tab the cool down serction

do i need change CoolDown from 60 to 0 and
cooldownskillgroup from 18 to -1 has any one change it and test it?

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #83 on: Oct 14, 2020; 09:54 AM »
I've never dealt with this, but yes it could be that.
Cooldown will apply to the skill itself, groupcooldown will be the time during which it is not possible to use other skills from the group.
Most importantly, don't forget that the "skills" table can't be edited directly in Reanimator. The resulting cooked file will either not work at all or some other skills will crash in the game. In Reanimator you just have to find out which numbers to change. Then open the skills file in Revival with text editor and make the changes manually.

Drunken.dx

• Nameless
« Reply #84 on: Oct 16, 2020; 12:10 AM »
It seems that anything could be added to the game, but unfortunately it is not. Most of the time, i had to think and try for many hours before i could get any of my ideas to work. Some people have already noticed that the client now generates a significant number of errors in the log during normal operations. This is because i often had to use different loopholes during run of program, use "some trick", to force the client to do something that was not anticipated at the time it was created. Of course, you won't notice it during a normal game, and that's right.
 I've spent over 2,000 hours working on Revival, and now i don't want to risk good program stability for any untested changes. Revival remains open to anyone who would like to add something of their own free will, i will be happy to help. A few people had already tried, but they were all discouraged by the excessive difficulty of the task.
 So again: We'll see what the future holds. Maybe in the end there will be someone who can put even Stonehenge into operation for a single player. (Btw, Steam version have Stonehenge and Abyss too  ;D)

Just a question:

Does above quoted mean that there is no planned addition of something akin to shared stash (either something like PoE stash or even few slots like Borderlands 2/PS had)

Just checked Reanimator guide for item transfer, and so far it seems too much trouble for item transferring (and that's not even mentioning save corruption bug)

This is just an inquiry, no "add this NOW" post.

While I'd love being able to share items between my toons (without risking save corruption) it's nothing I'd "lose sleep over" if it's not possible.

thanks for working on keeping this fun game alive.

spag

• Named
« Reply #85 on: Oct 16, 2020; 03:28 AM »
For trading items between toons use Reanimator 1.0.3.For modding use 1135r.Hope this helps. :)

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #86 on: Oct 16, 2020; 01:55 PM »
Because the original shared stash was created essentially as a cloud service, there is no option to add it to the SP without making changes directly in the client. Unfortunately, i'm helpless here.
I also asked if it would be possible to complete and fine-tune the cube transfer function, which works in version 1.0.3 of Reanimator, as Spag has already written. However, most of the original programmers have already left the project, and the remaining ones, of course, after such a long time no longer remember how it worked.

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #87 on: Oct 16, 2020; 04:28 PM »
For trading items between toons use Reanimator 1.0.3.For modding use 1135r.Hope this helps. :)

I second this.
-Just make sure both toons involved do not have any weapon equipped at all. (check all 3 weapon configurations)
-Back up .hg1 files before trades.
-Make sure not to summon a drone when trading from Engineer toon. It could cause 'no drone' error
that isn't fixable.

Drunken.dx

• Nameless
« Reply #88 on: Oct 17, 2020; 01:58 AM »
Because the original shared stash was created essentially as a cloud service, there is no option to add it to the SP without making changes directly in the client. Unfortunately, i'm helpless here.
I also asked if it would be possible to complete and fine-tune the cube transfer function, which works in version 1.0.3 of Reanimator, as Spag has already written. However, most of the original programmers have already left the project, and the remaining ones, of course, after such a long time no longer remember how it worked.

Thanks for explanation Kikina, I was afraid that's the case.

Kumose and spag.

Just checked Reanimator guide for item transfer, and so far it seems too much trouble for item transferring (and that's not even mentioning save corruption bug)

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #89 on: Oct 17, 2020; 02:32 AM »

[/quote]
What kind of trouble did you come across?