Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.5  (Read 663 times)

Morphy

• Named
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.5
« Reply #15 on: Apr 24, 2018; 10:27 PM »
Hey, Kikina... I've been meaning to ask you, just purely out of interest:

Is it possible to mix environments?  I mean, HGL is a random generator (sort of) of a level or location, essentially it's a "rogue-like".

But all the locations are either all street (not counting park areas) or all outdoors or all 'dried up river bed'.

I was wondering if HGL has any restrictions of it generating a street area that leads into a dried up river bed that then flops out onto a street that leads into a train tunnel...

How awesome would that be, huh!?

Also, as an aside, levels that are generated get stored to keep return visits the same, to stop "named areas" changing from visit to visit... is there any way of editing those saved level generation sets?
(The files in the named folder in the saves folder - lvl-0-16961.map - for e.g)

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2018; 12:42 AM »
Honestly - i dont know.  ???
With level structures i dealt only at very beginning my work, while importing Stonehenge maps. I found out very soon that the Reanimator have error (excel table level_drlgs cannot be recooked) with which is impossible to make completely new level.
The problem is still not resolved. For level changes into Revival i using a lot of tricks, but i never can do exactly what i want, just what the program allows.
Mixing environments is possible to a certain extent. In game data is unused levels, where similar experiments are contained, but all have some glitches and for game cannot be used.
Option saving map to save folder is setable somewhere in excel tables, but i dont remember exactly where. Files in save folder is definitely editable, but only to the extent that the program can do at first level generation. Data format you can find out only with experimentation, i think.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #17 on: Apr 25, 2018; 01:34 PM »
Sounds complicated and frustrating (and somehow... fun ?) - thanks, mate... stay well!