Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.4  (Read 3028 times)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.4
« on: Mar 29, 2018; 05:03 PM »
Welcome to "Unofficial Revival" patch version 3.4

"My heart stays in Hellgate."
                            Kikina the templar

If you like Hellgate and want to remember a bit of old times, this mod is the best solution for you. Contains elements from many versions of the game, while maintaining the original gameplay.
Mod retains original skills, quests and monsters, but adds some things from early game concept (for example using implants), original online game (pets, dye kits, events..), game from test servers (new weapons, rings, many types of monsters), korean Hellgate Global (bosses, weapons) and ideas of members the Hellgateaus community (expanded stash, better monsters info, cheats..).

Important ! All attachments on this forum is visible only if you are registered user and logged in.

Development of official Revival mod from Hellgateaus community it was completed by version 1.5b2.
Unofficial Revival mod (v1.6 and up) is extension of this mod - whole content of official revival is included,
lots of errors has been fixed and some things were added.

Mod can be installed through "Revival 1.5b1 launcher".
You need:
 - installed game client Hellgate London from original disc or iso image (supported languages is english and czech)
 - installed 1.2 SP and 2.0 MP (TCv4) patches (its necessary run both clients (SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer) once after installation of patches)
Unpack the launcher to any location, start "launcher.exe", go to utilities section and choose "modifications - install".
On select screen load "revival un 3.4 .mod.zip". Do not unpack mod before installation !
For more information take look on topic "The "new" launcher (for Revival 1.5 and up)" from Bryan or "Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification" from Malachor.

Installation of Revival mod automatically revert all before installed mods.

This patch is based on Revival version 3.3, all characters from foregoing versions is (theoretically) compatible, but is strongly recommended to backup your save games before instalation.
If you want load to this version character from version 1.9 or lower, then its necessary before installing remove all mythic and double edged items from character and all weapons from weapon slots to backpack.
After instalation you can return it back.

3.4 Patch Notes
---------------

- appearance of almost all weapons, monsters and some items from Stonehenge and Abyss patch has been improved.
     Many models until now did not use specular and glow bitmaps. Now all these things should look the same as in the online game. You can easily see the change for example on the FS Core Magnum gun (it was previously matte, now glistening) or on Nautilus pet (both now have light waves on body).

- gleamcarvers was fixed.
     Immediately after the light waves began to operate, the error with overlighting of backpak during the viewing of the item occured (bug is known from Hellgate 2038). I fixed it, but at the price of a small reduction in the overall luminosity of the swords. I also reduced the transparency of the inner part of the sword, which has removed the error which was reflected only on the DX10 - nearby objects viewed through the blade, looked like they were in front of the blade.

- animations of some Abyss focuses was fixed.
     The problem is in the incompatibility of animations on a 64-bit system. On 32 bit systems animations working normally. I managed to make animations work on Ripshard and Glypshards. Unfortunately, Bloodshards still working correctly only on 32 bit PCs...

- almost all weapons from Hellgate Global (Japanese and Korean expansion) were added to the game.
     Items are not exactly the same as the originals, but they are very similar. Can appear everywhere in game at any level and can be spawned at merchants, no have fixed itemlevel and the probability of spawn is a bit lower than for normal things.

New weapons:
- Hell Mountain Locus (focus), unique Valley of Death
- Dreary Hand (focus), unique Slayer from Another World
- Scythe Axe (sword), uniques Freedom, Reaper
- Scythian Blade (sword), uniques Democracy, Ghost Axe
- KL-11 Power Ripper (sword), uniques Axe of Weyland - Yutani, Red Dragon
- Demolition Sword (sword), unique Moonlight Demolition Sword
- Silkworm Sword (sword), unique Nightmare Sword
- Turtle Shield (shield), unique Hyeonmoo's Iron Shield
- RJ-5 Gatling Rifle (hunter 2h gun), uniques The Hammer of God, Rattler
- RJ-10 Barrage Rifle (hunter 2h gun), uniques The End of Eternity, Ghosthunter
- RJ-20 Onslaught Cannon (hunter 2h gun), uniques The Eden, Hecate's Storm
- Twister Gun (hunter 2h gun), unique Person of Thor (Jupiter)
- Beast SNPR (hunter 2h gun), unique Keel's SNPR
- JR-10 Sniper Rifle (hunter 2h gun), unique Bull's Eye
- Pistol Sword (templar 1h gun), unique Craftman's Handmade Gun
- Steel Shotgun (hunter 1h gun), unique Dark Debris
- Penetration Pistol (hunter 1h gun), unique Corpse Mountain
- Incurable Contaminated Gun (cabalist 1h gun), unique Final Attempts of Merihim
- Flame Diffuser (cabalist 1h gun), unique Arsonist of Hell
- Joint Gun (cabalist 2h gun), unique Joint Gun of Varlaam
- Antigravity Sword (sword), unique Yama Iron Sword
- Bastion Blade (sword), uniques Death Shepherd, Leviathan
- Holy Claymore (sword), uniques Molay's Avenger, Hero of Heorot
- Guillotine (sword), uniques Blade of Behemoth, Night Angel

- All these weapons generally have a light problem on the DX10. If you stand in a partial shade with them, tend to darken quickly and some particles have only black color. In full light this error will not occur. After longer testing, i found that the bug is right in the 3D model of the items, koreans simply never wanted to run the game on DX10. The lights are OK on the DX9. There's nothing to do with it...
- Focus Dreary hand have same problem like a Abyss focuses - is not symmetrical, so is not correctly displayed in left hand. SP client does not allow a mirror overturn.
- Two handed swords - are all in game, but all is one handed  ;D Since most Hellgate Global files are incompatible with SP data, currently its not possible to make the necessary animations for the player's character, sorry.
- Most weapons have fewer slots for mods than the originals - koreans did not worry about displaying mods on a 3D model of weapon and sometimes it looked very unnatural. Weapons now have only slots, on which the 3D model is ready or where presence of mod does not seem totally absurd.

I've been preparing this upgrade step by step and really long time, it's possible that with the huge amount of data changed i made some mistakes somewhere. So, if you find some bug or perhaps some nonsense in unique affixes, write about it here, maybe it will be possible to fix it  ;)
Mod is now much larger than before and can not be distributed via Hellgateaus site.  :'(
Here is a download link:
https://uloz.to/!HXDsDQgRoWrl/hellgate-london-unofficial-revival-v3-4-rar

Morphy

• Named
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.4
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2018; 08:49 PM »
Thanks, mate, that's awesome...  60 megs - musta been a LOT of work for you.

Just so the rest of us can have fun....

Truly - MANY thanks!

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2018; 10:59 PM »
Thank you  :)
Most of the data added to the mod are of course the graphics and models of each weapon.
These models were created by artists who mostly originally worked for the Flagship and later for Redbana.
Some still have their websites where they present their creations..
Thanks to all of them (and thanks to all who still playing Hellgate).  :D

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2018; 11:28 PM »
Thank you for keeping this game alive!

I will give it a try when i will have some day off.
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:
Corneille, Corvelias, Chevaliere, Brakhion, Grenadine, Epervier, Miles

spag

• Named
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2018; 12:06 AM »
Started a new game and I have 3 new weapons.Very impressive work.Thank you Kikina. :)

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2018; 03:42 PM »
For the events, do i have to set my computer to the event date?
* Fawkesday, to 5 -12 nov,
* Halloween, to 17 oct,
* Winter Holliday, to ??

Or they are active whatever the date?

Or can i use soft like RunasDate to make the game "thinks" that date is some day else?

EDIT:
NVM, i just installed the mod and i saw "permanently enables the .. event" in the Revival launcher.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2018; 06:24 PM by Kami0 »
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2018; 05:01 PM »
To start some event, use check marks in the bottom part of installation screen, while instalation of mod.
If you want then set event again off (or launch another), just reinstal mod with the check mark switched off.
Is possible launch all three events together, but order of event quest from Nemo is then confused..

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #7 on: Mar 30, 2018; 07:03 PM »
Each time i hold something with my cursor, the item is not shown. Cursor goes from hand to fist.
The item visual is back only if i put it back in the inventory.
I tried with DX9 x64 and DX10 x64, same thing happens.

Secondly, each time i log in a character, i have one more event quest item in the inventory, a duplicate quest item for bulletin missions.

And, each time i quit the game, i have a crash window from HGL.

Not a big deal.

Maybe i need to re-install the mod.
I have 2 install folders for the game : one for London2038 and one for SP with mods.
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #8 on: Mar 30, 2018; 08:01 PM »
 - item in cursor - this is new bug for me, i hear about it for the first time. But, most errors in graphic came from wrong mod installation. Most people for example forget run clients before mod installation..

- event scroll - this is right. This is setting from original event, made by Flagship. After fullfilling the main winter holiday quest all items dissapears. You can abandon this quest, and after obtaining Decodex take it again.

- crash after quit - yes, it happens, but only on some PC machines. So far i do not know what exactly causes it. On some machines appears another problem - after quit desktop will appear, but main process of Hellgate still running into memory. But it does even without the mod installed...

- running 2038 and Revival from separate folders should work without problems.

Zen

• Nameless
« Reply #9 on: Mar 30, 2018; 08:30 PM »
This is awesome! Thanks so much for this Kikina!

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2018; 09:12 PM »
Kikina,

It seems my HGL game doesn't like the "Expanded storage mod".

With or without other options from your mod 3.4, this bug is there if i chose to include "Expanded Storage mod".
Same thing if i launch the game from " hellgate_sp_dx9_x64.exe" or if i launch it with "Unleash Hell" from Revival 1.51b Launcher (as admin or not).

Not a big deal!

Going to enjoy this mod - Thank you again  :D
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2018; 09:47 PM »
Hmm  :(
"Expanded storage" is function from original revival. I never tried it - all my testing characters using normal backpack (is expanded too, but weapons and armors is not separate).
While development i made only one change in this option - in v 3.3 i fixed position of "item examination panel". But this change should have no effect on anything else.
You can try this - open zip file of current mod version (3.4). In optional/expanded storage/data/uix/xml swap file "inventory_screen.xml" with file which i attached to this post (its old version without the fix).
Reinstal mod a try function again. File is zipped, unzip it first - xml format cannot be uploaded to forum.
Perhaps the panel was in a bad position deliberately (but in that case i do not understand why it should be wrong in the normal game). As i said before, im not author of this function..
Please let me know how it happened.

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #12 on: Mar 30, 2018; 11:10 PM »
Kikina,

I did as you said, swapping "inventory_screen.xml" in "revival un3.4 .mod.zip" but after re-installing the mod, the bug is still there, even with a new created character.

The attachment is some screenshots of the bug.
As you can see, the borders for the inv panels and for the items are a bit off (with original or the new "inventory_screen.xml")

EDIT:
I checked how are the borders without the "expanded storage mod", it's the same thing, borders of inventory and borders of items are a bit off too. About the same.
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2018; 11:18 PM by Kami0 »
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2018; 11:26 PM »
So, as expected, bug is elsewhere..
I'm afraid i can not do anything with it anymore, sorry.  :(
Try ask Malachor, i think he could be the author of this extension.

EDIT:
Borders is in same position, fix only affected the position of panel while item is "opened"
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2018; 11:34 PM by Kikina the templar »

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #14 on: Mar 30, 2018; 11:31 PM »
Don't be sorry.

Your mod is awesome!

And as i said, it's no big deal. I can play without this option.

Thanks again!
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038: