Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.0  (Read 863 times)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.0
« on: Jul 10, 2017; 04:48 AM »
Welcome to "Unofficial Revival" patch version 3.0

"My heart stays in Hellgate."
                            Kikina the templar

If you like Hellgate and want to remember a bit of old times, this mod is the best solution for you. Contains elements from many versions of the game, while maintaining the original gameplay.
Mod retains original skills, quests and monsters, but adds some things from early game concept (for example using implants), original online game (pets, dye kits, events..), game from test servers (new weapons, rings, many types of monsters), korean Hellgate Global (bosses, weapons) and ideas of members the Hellgateaus community (expanded stash, better monsters info, cheats..).

Important ! All attachments on this forum is visible only if you are registered user and logged in.

Development of official Revival mod from Hellgateaus community it was completed by version 1.5b2.
Unofficial Revival mod (v1.6 - v3.0) is extension of this mod - whole content of official revival is included,
lots of errors has been fixed and some things were added.

Mod can be installed through "Revival 1.5b1 launcher".
You need:
 - installed game client Hellgate London from original disc or iso image (supported languages is english and czech)
 - installed 1.2 SP and 2.0 MP (TCv4) patches (its necessary run both clients (SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer) once after installation of patches)
Unpack the launcher to any location, start "launcher.exe", go to utilities section and choose "modifications - install".
On select screen load "revival un 3.0 .mod.zip". Do not unpack mod before installation !
For more information take look on topic "The "new" launcher (for Revival 1.5 and up)" from Bryan or "Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification" from Malachor.

Installation of Revival mod automatically revert all before installed mods.

This patch is based on Revival version 2.9, all characters from foregoing versions is (theoretically) compatible, but is strongly recommended to backup your save games before instalation.
If you want load to this version character from version 1.9 or lower, then its necessary before installing remove all mythic and double edged items from character and all weapons from weapon slots to backpack.
After instalation you can return it back.

3.0 Patch Notes
---------------

- spawn rate of all randomly appearing bosses and named monters is now minimally 33% (Sprengel, Panclast, Brisance, Effigy, Acheson, Lord Puppy, Grimborax, Fat Bully, Tubby bastard - 10 - 25 % before)
- quest boss The Brain is now huge, like in vanilla version
- description of Arc Legion skill (evoker) in czech language has been fixed
- rarity of unique mods (all have rare tag) was changed, for better spawn at merchants
- one new loading tip has been added
- all three revival quest at Templar base now have only "OK" button ("Accept quest" before)
- cheat mode for beginners was changed. Now, if you select this mode, you receive "God gun" from Nemo at Holborn, while accepting cube
- boss Rashaverak now can drop new items:
  - Hurricane (Unique XM3 Eviscerator)
  - Dmitriy's Glory (Unique Cricket Bat)
  - six types of unique mods with very special properties
  Both weapons is ported from "Hellgate Global", but not is exactly same. Nor can they be - weapon upgrading system in revival is different from global.
  Mods have only "rare" tag, like others unique mods in game. Each mod is dedicated to one person from "Hellgate 2038" community.
- In game is new common pet. Can be hatched in cube from Mysterious egg (common eggs from bosses, not from Dessi). The likelihood of hatching is now the same for all five pets.
  This pet is a gift from Aunt Ki to all, who did not get it in "Hellgate Global", just like she..  ;)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: Launcher and patch notes
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2017; 04:51 AM »
Mod is now bigger than before, max size of attachment is only 10MB.
So, Launcher for mod and patch notes you can download here.

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: Someone want make language support for UnRevival mod ?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2017; 04:57 AM »
I have already given up my thoughts that i can explain to someone how to make the grammatically correct translation of some language into a UnRevival mod. But any translation is better than none..  :)
If you would like to make language support in any language originally supported by hellgate, please pay attention to the attached file. This file contains all the texts added to the game by the mod.
This is a unicode text format. If you translate all the texts into quotation marks and change the "english" mark to the mark of translated language, will be created a translation grammatically incorrect (it will not contain declension if the language is used by it), but it will still be a useful translation for people who do not speak English or Czech.
You will need a text editor that will also show you invisible characters (tabs, ending lines ...). These characters form the file format and cant never be changed, otherwise the file will stop working. Also be aware of the two types of so-called "soft spaces" that are found mainly in flavor texts and through which new rows begin.
Do not translate line names ("stringid") and control characters (singular, default, [string1] ...)
Any questions post here, or write to me directly. Eventually translated file as well, i install it into the mod.

freekyjason

• Founder
  • Named
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 3.0
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2017; 05:09 AM »
nice work again :)

im sure people will be happy with your extra effort on the translation and sharing info, cheers for the effort you have put in.
"We create... to destroy" Seditius the Cursed

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2017; 12:09 AM »
it's so nice to see the Hurricane again!

I got a 2-slot Hurricane and of course farming for 3-slot one.
This brings out my question.

Also was lucky enough to get a few of "new" focus uniques and Mastadon(force magnum unique), but I couldn't garner slot information on these from WIKI.
It's because they weren't in game officially I guess.

For example I have 1-slot Black Angel and 4-slot Mastadon but not sure what full slot for these could be.

Could anyone share "full slot" info on these uniques?
I'd appreciate it very much.

The Unconquered Sun
Moorgoth's Hand
Grimace

Megalodon
Remnants of Grregas
Black Angel
Mordify
Tuskull
The Abandoned Fist
Ceremonial Shard
Keel Brands
Galactic Conquest

Mastadon
XM9x Thundergod
Novastorm

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2017; 09:19 AM »
Hello  :D

The Unconquered Sun - tech 0-1, relic 0-1, battery 0-1
Moorgoth's Hand - fuel 1-3, relic 0-2
Grimace - battery 1-3, relic 0-2

Megalodon - relic 0-2
Remnants of Grregas - relic 0-3
Black Angel - relic 0-3
Mordify - relic 0-2
Tuskull - relic 0-3
The Abandoned Fist - relic 0-3
Ceremonial Shard - relic 0-2
Keel Brands - relic 0-2
Galactic Conquest - relic 0-2

Mastadon - fuel 2-3, relic 0-3
XM9x Thundergod - fuel 1-3, tech 0-1
Novastorm - battery 0-1, fuel 0-1

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2017; 11:59 AM »
thanks a bunch! you're a gentleman and a scholar.

michel741

• Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2017; 06:27 PM »
Can you remade Asloth - giant skeleton ("ancestor" type) boss from Global in the Picadilly's Ancient Blood?

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2017; 07:49 AM »
Work on mod is stopped for now, so maybe in the future..
In Picadilly Hell are currently one named monster - Blobbo (50% to spawn), so only swap these monsters between themselves would be possible.
Btw, i dont remember Asloth and i cant read Hellgate global excel tables correctly. He was just a bigger ancestor or had some special graphic adaptations ?

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2017; 07:48 PM »
Aslot was just a large Ancestor skeleton

You can see him here    (not my video - credits go to Youtuber 'FPS dougan')

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2017; 11:18 PM »
Thanks.
Yeah, looks like a "standart" ancestor, only little bigger.
But the textures on the walls are strange  :D

michel741

• Nameless
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2017; 04:17 PM »
Ok, thanks for respond. It is sad that many things from Global is hard to realize... I don't know about specification of placement named monsters in locations, but if so, St'Paul's Hell has a few named bosses, and in Global, Blobbo and Asloth was together in this location.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2017; 08:42 PM »
Spawn of all quest monsters and bosses is mostly managed directly by core program. I can not change it. Just in this case, i could only swap the monsters between them, sorry..  ???

Prustan

• Nameless
« Reply #13 on: Jul 21, 2017; 06:03 PM »
Questions regarding changes from Unofficial 1.8 (shows how long it's been since I last updated).

Does the Laser sight face attachment actually provide light like it should?  I remember it doing nothing but providing armor/shields, and having to do that dark level blind.

The Ludgate Hill map - Hellgate Detector and Hellgate Revealer were bugged, which has prevented me from completing the related story quest.  Anyone else have that problem/has it been fixed?

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #14 on: Jul 21, 2017; 07:28 PM »

The Ludgate Hill map - Hellgate Detector and Hellgate Revealer were bugged, which has prevented me from completing the related story quest.  Anyone else have that problem/has it been fixed?

I had the Ludgate Hill bug in an earlier version and I have completed that quest several times since, so I think it is fixed.