Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.7  (Read 1972 times)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.7
« on: Jun 10, 2017; 01:27 PM »
Welcome to unofficial Revival patch version 2.7

"My heart stays in Hellgate."
                            Kikina the templar

Important ! All attachments on this forum is visible only if you are registered user and logged in.

Development of official Revival mod from Hellgateaus community it was completed by version 1.5b2.
Unofficial Revival mod (v1.6 - v2.7) is extension of this mod - whole content of official revival is included,
lots of errors has been fixed and some things were added.

Mod can be installed through "Revival 1.5b1 launcher".
You need:
 - installed game client Hellgate London from original disc or iso image (supported languages is english and czech)
 - installed 1.2 SP and 2.0 MP (TCv4) patches (its necessary run both clients (SinglePlayer and MultiPlayer) once after installation of patches)
Unpack the launcher to any location, start "launcher.exe", go to utilities section and choose "modifications - install".
On select screen load "revival un 2.7 .mod.zip". Do not unpack mod before installation !
For more information take look on topic "The "new" launcher (for Revival 1.5 and up)" from Bryan or "Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification" from Malachor.

Installation of Revival mod automatically revert all before installed mods.

This patch is based on Revival version 2.6, all characters from foregoing versions is (theoretically) compatible, but is strongly recommended to backup your save games before instalation.
If you want load to this version character from version 1.9 or lower, then its necessary before installing remove all mythic and double edged items from character and all weapons from weapon slots to backpack.
After instalation you can return it back.

2.7 Patch Notes
---------------

- Vitava appearance on low textures has been fixed

- Czech language support v2.0 has been implemented. The description of all objects from stonehenge patch should now be completely translated to czech.

- In "Collapsed tunnel" level now can spawn Fallen savage fiend in normal mode and Infernal savage fiend in nightmare. Two new savage fiend lords has been added.

- For pet eggs you can now get a lot more money at merchants.

- Level for drop a end game items was lowered (from 49 - 52 to 48). End game uniques now can be spawned at nightmare St. Paul vendor.

- Cube, both retrainers and boss heads now making noises when handling them in character inventory.

- Item name of Teleportation device, Implant, Ruinous ring, Sugar bomb, Ghost candy, Fire candy and Fawkes grenade now have a quest item color.

- New boss from Abyss, Squadro (or Pruslas in HGG), now walks across London. With 33% probability can appear at Leicester Square, Savile row, Savoy, Forgotten ducts, Waterman's walk and Undershaft. In addition to standart boss loot he can drop all three rings with his name, or five nanoshards. Squadro no have original skills, only random generated affixes.

- Old revival community items should now drop only from Desiccator, not from common monsters.

- Treasure passages now gives more palladium than before.

- Level "Old crypt" is now cold and snow is everywhere.. (It was supposed to be there from the beginning, but i have just figured out now, how to do it right).

- Blueprints "crafting" has been changed. Uncommon (one star) items should appears minimally, newly can appear a unique items. Non-functioning blueprints should not appear - the problem was in the double edged items, which are not being generated now.

- All Fawkes/Halloween consumables and all pets now can be assigned to skill bar. Some from this items now have additional item description.

- Lord Mordehl (can be spawned everywhere, where is Vortex Wraiths), now can drop with 50% probability one special item, dedicated to one well-known czech player of Hellgate  :)

Morphy

• Named
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.7
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2017; 10:02 PM »
Cool, great work.

I will say this though:

I stopped playing HGL for a while - I was playing your 2.1 mod.

I installed 2.6 (and now installing 2.7) - and it's less fun than it was.

the exp given and the money given seems... less...  Items are 80% lame "plain label" things with the odd 20% green and blue, extremely rare, estimate under 1% chance, to get higher than that.

So - I'm drudging around trying to get exp and money - grinding away.... If I wanted real life, I'd play real life...

At the moment I'm only level 9 and already at Green Park Station area - I'm sure I was double that level at GP on 2.1 mod.

I like the augments... but FIVE nanoshards?  Given how long it takes to get any (limited high-spec drops), I'd rather use them to upgrade weapons.

I DO appreciate your work... but I think I'll go back to 2.1 mod.

EDIT - the money from chests seems higher now, I went to about 24k with a few chests - good stuff.

But the loot drop is still 75% dross...

At least I can upgrade the weapons in the "modificator" with the 24k.
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2017; 11:21 PM by Morphy »

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2017; 01:06 AM »
Hello.

Experience and money - between v1.5 - v2.7 is without changes. Only change are more money in trasure passages (specially for dwarfer66 in v2.7)
Balance between item quality - in fact is now chance on mythic and uniques (drop and vendors) much higher than in v2.1 - was increased in v2.4
Nanoshards - yes, on begining there are few, the game is in this way designed by original autors (first levels is without elite monsters, all spawn rates (monsters, items) are lowered)
It is necessary to realize that the Hellgate has never been intended as a "few-day game". It is necessary to play some time than the character who does nothing and can not do anything becomes a hero.
All my end game testing characters on lv 55 have several hundred nanoshards and over one million palladium after approximately 150 hours of gameplay (and finished good gear wearing).

The game is now very accommodating when you playing a revival mod. Try play a "vanilla" version or participate to alphatest "Hellgate 2038" and you can judge the differences yourself.     ;D

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2017; 08:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply, mate.

Any chance of increasing, a little, the green and blue drops (the enhanced and rare)?

I went through the three "Death's somethings" places for the oracle parts and got dozens of plain-label items... three "enhanced", four "rare"... and that's it.

Oh - I think one "legendary" that wasn't even usable (it was for an evoker)

And about 4000 in money.

Even the boss guys in Chocolate Park - the brain thing, anthropophagus, the otehr fat zombie boss thing - they didn't give much in the way of medium to upper level items.

yes - I appreciate the concept of "growing over time"... but level 10 at Choccy Park seems a bit low - especially considering it take longer and longer to grind the next level.

I'm still on 2.7... it's not irritating enough for the fuss of  dropping back.

Part of the problem is my own - It's been so long since I played vanilla HGL (the other game I play is HGL Nagahaku and that's a little TOO exaggerated)

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2017; 09:28 PM »
I still can not get rid of the impression that your installation is not working correctly.    :(
Sorry, but i am (and Marcelka, my alphatester, too) convinced that the current loot rules are optimal.
I do not want to go too far from the original concept of the game..
You can change the frequency of the loot yourself at any time in the reanimator - open table ITEM_QUALITY and set parameter "rarity" for each item type. Numbers is not percentages, only something like "weight". Lower number - lower chance on drop.

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2017; 07:27 PM »
Nice work again, and i only can agree Kikina.

Normaly i start farming/hunting all new stuff/enemys after an Mod-upgrade, but to day i start a new char, to check out the problems Morphy had.

And i cant find any problems he Talk... i stopt the Test after 2h and killed Shulgoth....
that moment i was +2 lvl on him and wear 2 Legend, 2 Unique and 1 Mystic.
I will hang on a screen, the Exo-Rifle was loot from Shulli, so i dont count.
I aboned/restart only 2 Quest(wantet Quest) to get some more loot. Rest was finaly a runthru with all i can Kill/destroy.

Needet 2h to this Position ...
No idea what u miss/fail @Morphy, but i stand balanced or op on that first "Elite enemy"

« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2017; 07:41 PM by Hephias »

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2017; 07:55 PM »
Thanks guys - I appreciate the replies, for sure.

I have nothing like any of that stuff Hephias, even with new characters (I've tried three so far) - I didn't even get much from Shuggy... well, I got LOTS - about 30 things dropped - but mainly analysers and some money and a pile of "plain label" items.

I'll take your, and Kikina's, and try a fresh HGL install and Revival modification.  see how that goes.

It might just be a holdover from previous mods.?
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2017; 07:57 PM by Morphy »

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Jun 12, 2017; 08:07 PM »
Fresh Mods delete all older Mods. I only can say, save mony, destroy all cates/enemys, open all chest(the Standard chest pimpt too) to earn Pala.
I wont say, that u Farm "Vendors" but we know/Kikina say, that the loot is bad ob first 4 maps. So save Money,and maybe "farm Vendors" for Unique/Myst"

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2017; 08:46 PM »
And never underrate the influence of "luck". That Attribute totaly workt over.... All my new/low lvl chars run around 200Luck. Endgame chars around 500Luck.

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2017; 09:14 PM »
Normaly all savegames work from 2.x from Launcher 1.5x ...

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2017; 09:35 PM »
Hehe, al normal chars works fine, but now i have a question.
There was/is a 1hand gun for templar(if i remember right "Starburst"). I loot that on 2.4 but never Seen again after that.
Is that weapon so rare or its removed?

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12, 2017; 11:41 PM »
Thanks for testing, Hephias  :)

Starburst is still in game. Rarity is set to 3 - not very common spawn, but it begins to appear up around 39 level..

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2017; 03:22 AM »
As a former Shulgoth server regular who still occasionally play the single play portion of the game, I appreciate the fact that there still is modding effort for solo actions.

I had enjoyed nagahaku 3.0b with nagaoptionals 4.2, so I am sort of(ok a lot) spoiled with the presence of Molly helmets(maberick and etc.) and new ├╝ber armor types. 

Is it in the future developing plan to somehow incorporate those into the Unofficial Revival sp mod?

It would also be so much more enjoyable for players like myself who only plays half hour/day, to be able to choose higher unique/mythic loot chance option before installation.

All in all, thank you for the great mod Kikina and co. Godspeed.

Hephias

• Nameless
« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2017; 08:57 AM »
@Kikina: Thanks for the hint on lvl with the Starburst. Now i can Start farming more pointet  8) normaly i use high ignite firefieldluncher for Vitava on BM, but may i can creat a usefull "long-range-nova-ignite"   ;D

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #14 on: Jun 13, 2017; 09:50 AM »
For Kumose -
I already wrote about it in v2.6:

"I need to explain something first - Abyss "uber" set and helmets from Moloch cannot be ported to Revival, without change complete 3D model of all three player characters (templar, hunter, cabalist, male, female), as in the Nagahaku mod. I tried it, but in the current state of Revival mod this is not possible while maintaining backward compatibility. If its possible, i do not know how, sorry."

Flagship changed the 3D model of the character in the stonehenge patch (difficult to say why, from my point of view it was unnecessary work) and subsequently reworked a large part of armor models. Therefore, all new armor exists only in a version that works with the new model. I probably make some mistake that Nagahaku managed to solve, but if i change complete all model files for character, game refuse load old gamesave (black screen).
Abyss "Uber" armor itself is present in current game with different look, Maverick and next Moloch helmets not for now.   ;)