Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.3  (Read 8128 times)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.3
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2017; 07:59 AM »
Only possibility is to make changes directly in mod, using Reanimator..

Necrovex

• Nameless
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2017; 11:33 AM »
Hi.

Really enjoying this mod! Just one minor question:

I have DX10 enabled but my anti aliasing only goes to medium, the other options are missing?
I did try and do the launcher thing forcing DX10 but that is also missing(maybe just in previous launcher?)
Anyway, it isn't game breaking or anything but if there is a way to fix it I would very much appreciate some help.

A very humble but dark caballist thank you!

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2017; 06:40 PM »
With this i will unfortunately can not help. Graphic settings is not affected with mod, but directly gameclient. I consider that i have read somewhere on forum about a similar problem..

marmot

• Nameless
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2017; 06:14 PM »
What's the best way to add a new language to the mod?
I've installed this one on my French copy and it's working pretty fine. Apart from the "missing strings" on the new items.

In order to fix this issue, I extracted the mod.zip file, duplicated the "english" folder, edited the xls.uni file with a text editor, replaced all the "english" strings with "french", cooked the new file with the hellgate executable provided with the latest revision of Reanimator, zipped everything and installed the mod.

It's working fine, but the game now crashes upon exit. Not that big of a deal, though since it's not crashing with the original mod, I was wondering what I was doing wrong here.
I tried Reanimator, but I don't know how to use that tool.

Zombie1392

• Nameless
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2017; 11:35 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I have some problems with this mod.
Install + function work well, i can play.
But i have some items they dont show me the Name only MISSING STRING INDEX#####
Somebody know how i can fix this or is there an extra Patch for it?

I did everything like in the describtion.

+ Its the same with Transmogriffingcube some recipe are ok the other 2 with Missing string Index.

marmot

• Nameless
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2017; 10:29 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I have some problems with this mod.
Install + function work well, i can play.
But i have some items they dont show me the Name only MISSING STRING INDEX#####
Somebody know how i can fix this or is there an extra Patch for it?

I did everything like in the describtion.

+ Its the same with Transmogriffingcube some recipe are ok the other 2 with Missing string Index.

That's because you're playing a non-English version of the game.
Custom content has to be translated or you'll see those "missing string" lines.

Easy fix:
  • revert the changes from the "Revival" launcher to start clean
  • unzip the mod file
  • navigate to the "strings" folder: revival un2.3 .mod.zip\data\excel\strings
  • duplicate the "english" folder and rename it to the language you're using (either french, hungarian, italian, polish, russian or spanish)
  • delete the .cooked file inside that new folder
  • edit the .xls.uni file with a good text editor and replace all the "English" strings with the name of the language you need
  • save the file and drop it on "Hellpack.exe" (which is located inside the "Revival" launcher folder (it'll create a new .cooked file)
  • zip everything back and install the mod
  • voila, no more missing strings

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2017; 01:37 PM »
Zombie 1392 - Try reinstall mod and if you are still having problems, reinstall Hellgate client
(set english language while installing).

marmot -  Hard to tell where the problem may be. I can think of several possibilities:

- try again go through the entire text and check special characters between words. These characters are the format of table
   for hellpack and one mistake can cause a lot of problems..

- its should keep in mind, so Hellpack have a critical error - making random mistakes in cooked file, depending of the lenght file.
   If the resulting file has some errors (totally random), proved to me add or subtract a few characters at different location in
   the file. With luck, can then be resulting file fine..

- problems can also cause incompatibility between file format of each language and correct location of file with strings.
   I do not know exactly how proceed you, but this is the correct procedure:
   Files in "data/excel/strings/english" should in any case remain unchanged.In "data/excel/strings" make new folder named "french"
   and you new file "strings_revival.xls.uni.cooked" put into it.This process has the added benefit - if core program not found
   some description, instead "missing string no. --" displays corresponding string in english language.
   (Note: In "english" folder just be edited file "strings_revival.xls.uni", to convert to a "cooked" format occurs automatically
    while each installation of mod. In folders for other languages you must do it manually through Hellpack.)
   Into you new file you must change not only strings, but also all specification of language in each row.

Example: old file - 15723   7258   "implant_desc4"   0   "Bioimplant"   "English"
                   new file - 15723   7258   "implant_desc4"   0   "Bioimplant"   "French"

Unfortunately, every language has its own specifics, which must be observed in the file format. For example - description of
   one mythic affix.

In english language:
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Consumed [item]"   "English"         
   15385   6873   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic desc"   0   "Consumed"   "English"

And same in czech language:
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaný [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Masculine"   "Default"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaná [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Feminine"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Neuter"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaní [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Masculine"   "Animate"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Maculine"   "Inanimate"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Feminine"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaná [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Neuter"   
   15385   6873   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic desc"   0   "Spotřebovaný"   "Czech"   

Determine the correct format of file is hard, because i could not force Reanimator to uncook the original language files.
   Format for czech language i figured with help of hexa editor.

How it works - If core program wants display a description of affix on an item, first load a item description:
   15224   6712   "Cabalist_Focus28_tusks"   0   "Krvavý střep"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Masculine"   "Default"
   15224   6712   "Cabalist_Focus28_tusks"   0   "Krvavé střepy"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Maculine"   "Inanimate"
   if a string will be displayed in plural, program use affix "maculine/inanimate" from affix description.
   Then result string will be: "Spotřebované Krvavé střepy".
   In case if program not found affix "czech/plural/maculine/inanimate", is used affix with preset "Default" - "Spotřebovaný Krvané střepy".
   If correct or default affix string missing, program use english equivalent, or display "missing string".

Even warn, that each translation will be imperfect. While playing mod will be correctly displayed strings from original client
   and from mod, but strings from TC4 patch will be probably in english language.

If you, marmoth, or anyone else make a fully functional support for any language, then please send language file to me, i add it to mod in next version.  :)
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2017; 03:46 PM by Kikina the templar »

marmot

• Nameless
« Reply #22 on: Feb 14, 2017; 04:38 PM »
Language specifics could be the reason indeed.
Thanks for the long explanation, I'll look into it :D

Necrovex

• Nameless
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2017; 12:35 PM »
Hello!

I have another question, sorry if this was answered before? The new Abyss content in game looks awesome and I cant wait to see everything
BUT for some reasons lots of the sounds are missing when using them, for example when I fire one of the new pistols.

Is this a problem on my side or is this something that has not been fixed or can it even be fixed.

Just for the record, I still enjoy this mod extremely and no nothing about mods or coding or programming. So excuse my ignorance :0)

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2017; 03:08 PM »
In souds catalog its only sounds from original game.
New sounds cannot be installed into mod, due to error in Reanimator..
I'm glad so you enjoyed our mod  ;)

Zombie1392

• Nameless
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2017; 12:36 PM »
Zombie 1392 - Try reinstall mod and if you are still having problems, reinstall Hellgate client
(set english language while installing).

marmot -  Hard to tell where the problem may be. I can think of several possibilities:

- try again go through the entire text and check special characters between words. These characters are the format of table
   for hellpack and one mistake can cause a lot of problems..

- its should keep in mind, so Hellpack have a critical error - making random mistakes in cooked file, depending of the lenght file.
   If the resulting file has some errors (totally random), proved to me add or subtract a few characters at different location in
   the file. With luck, can then be resulting file fine..

- problems can also cause incompatibility between file format of each language and correct location of file with strings.
   I do not know exactly how proceed you, but this is the correct procedure:
   Files in "data/excel/strings/english" should in any case remain unchanged.In "data/excel/strings" make new folder named "french"
   and you new file "strings_revival.xls.uni.cooked" put into it.This process has the added benefit - if core program not found
   some description, instead "missing string no. --" displays corresponding string in english language.
   (Note: In "english" folder just be edited file "strings_revival.xls.uni", to convert to a "cooked" format occurs automatically
    while each installation of mod. In folders for other languages you must do it manually through Hellpack.)
   Into you new file you must change not only strings, but also all specification of language in each row.

Example: old file - 15723   7258   "implant_desc4"   0   "Bioimplant"   "English"
                   new file - 15723   7258   "implant_desc4"   0   "Bioimplant"   "French"

Unfortunately, every language has its own specifics, which must be observed in the file format. For example - description of
   one mythic affix.

In english language:
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Consumed [item]"   "English"         
   15385   6873   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic desc"   0   "Consumed"   "English"

And same in czech language:
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaný [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Masculine"   "Default"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaná [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Feminine"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Neuter"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaní [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Masculine"   "Animate"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Maculine"   "Inanimate"
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebované [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Feminine"   
   15384   6872   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic"   0   "Spotřebovaná [item]"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Neuter"   
   15385   6873   "affix sub dmg boost fire spec weap mythic desc"   0   "Spotřebovaný"   "Czech"   

Determine the correct format of file is hard, because i could not force Reanimator to uncook the original language files.
   Format for czech language i figured with help of hexa editor.

How it works - If core program wants display a description of affix on an item, first load a item description:
   15224   6712   "Cabalist_Focus28_tusks"   0   "Krvavý střep"   "Czech"   "Singular"   "Masculine"   "Default"
   15224   6712   "Cabalist_Focus28_tusks"   0   "Krvavé střepy"   "Czech"   "Plural"   "Maculine"   "Inanimate"
   if a string will be displayed in plural, program use affix "maculine/inanimate" from affix description.
   Then result string will be: "Spotřebované Krvavé střepy".
   In case if program not found affix "czech/plural/maculine/inanimate", is used affix with preset "Default" - "Spotřebovaný Krvané střepy".
   If correct or default affix string missing, program use english equivalent, or display "missing string".

Even warn, that each translation will be imperfect. While playing mod will be correctly displayed strings from original client
   and from mod, but strings from TC4 patch will be probably in english language.

If you, marmoth, or anyone else make a fully functional support for any language, then please send language file to me, i add it to mod in next version.  :)

Thx For all Replys

Ok i tryed some Changes
-replace Default with my Language
-adding new lines with plural/singular

But it doesnt accept my changes, it shows me missing string index.

Well i think i need looking in my own files and seek for the corectly wrote of lines.
So someone can tell me the file which contains names etc and how i can read it(which programm).
Or maybe someone can write 1-2 correct lines from a standard item(exp. first weapon from a Hunter), that would be fine tho.

Ps: i never said all the standard items/text has the right name. only the item/-names by adding from mod got these errors. my Game Still work fine.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2017; 12:40 AM »
I'm afraid that really there is no easy way to create additional language mutation to mod, because Reanimator only supports work with english strings.
I think so you can always try a simple replace all english text in file data/excel/strings/english/strings_revival.xls.uni for equivalents in other language, without changes in line specifications. Translation will be of course not correct in the context of another text, but disappear most annoying "missing strigs".
If you want to make a correct version for another language, is there only one option. Install Reanimator and open Hellgate database.
In table "View" click on option "File explorer". In file selector open "data/excel/strings/folder with required language".
Mark whole folder and click on "Extract to" on the left side of screen. Set path for extracting, on table "Keep directory structure" click on "no".
By this procedure you get all files with strings from original game, but in "cooked" (packed) state.Hellpack reject uncook this files, at least i do not know how to force him to do. Try open this files in some hexa editor, or in text editor (notepad) and  try figure correct format for new language file..

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2017; 08:37 PM »
peeps, who can provide some screenshots of areas added by Kikina? i'd really like to see how they look, the names sounds intriguing :d also would like to know if old crypt is just one area or a multistage dungeon.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Exportforce

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2017; 08:56 PM »
Hello,

I have run into two "bugs".

1. Necro Essences have no icon for me
2. I got a plain blueprint labled "[Item] Blueprint" and has no flavortext, properties or recipe.

Are these known or normal things or am I running into a problem here ?

Using a clean and fresh install, no other mods used.

thx
http://www.bloodpatches.net
Bloodpatches, billige Spiele und eine geile Community
http://d3.ms
Der URL-Shortener

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2017; 08:02 AM »
Hello, Exportforce,

1. Necro Essences have no icon for me
 - its must be error in your installation, all four essences have normal icons, try reinstall game

2. I got a plain blueprint labled "[Item] Blueprint" and has no flavortext, properties or recipe.
 - its known bug. I dont know why it happens, but it does not happen very often