Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.0  (Read 2640 times)

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.0
« on: Dec 08, 2016; 10:37 PM »
Welcome to unofficial Revival patch version 2.0

"My heart stays in Hellgate."
                            Kikina the templar

Thanks to all for betatesting, this is my final update.
All known bugs from my foregoing versions has been fixed (only new monsters dont making noises).
Mod has been tested in main quest line with NEWLY created character on normal difficulty,
boss spawn in nightmare has been tested with characters from old versions.
Have fun, fight for the living.     :)

This unofficial patch is based on Revival version 1.9, all characters from foregoing version is
(theoretically) compatible, but is strongly recommended to backup your save games before installation.
Its necessary before installing remove all mythic and double edged items from character and all weapons from weapon slots to backpack.
After installation you can return it back.
Mod install through normal "Revival 1.5 b1 installer" (see info in 1.5 b1 topic).

2.0 Patch Notes
---------------

- one damaged mythic affix has been restored

- mythic and double edged items now have chance to two mythic affix, mythic items can have four affixes (affects only newly generated items).
Both type items now have four-stars icon.

- Moloch's fiends (gone unnoticed due to reanimator bug in v1.8 ) is back again, all others missing creatures too

- recipes for rejuvenations in cube now have correct order

- non unique Thumper is now ..ehm.. Thumper (previously Electric)

- one from two different "Shadow" common dye kits now have correct name "Shadow tiger"

- Bloodmoon archievement has been modified, because in this version game is impossible to reach map "mini city rare" (this mini-game has been removed by developers after SP 1.2 patch)

- in the game are now two new creatures, one lord and one boss. Both love darkness and are practically harmless, so do not hurt them so much..   :)

New content description
-----------------------

(click to show/hide)

Phinix

• Nameless
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 2.0
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2016; 04:52 PM »
Hi
great mod. But i have a problem : I had to reinstall Hellgate cause of an error. So and i am installing the modpack but in the "Mod component selection" there are none listed. Is that normal ?

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2016; 09:35 PM »
Hello

No, its no normal. Menu with options should appear always before install mod, or if you wants change mod settings (mod is always installed over the entire, there is set automatic uninstall previous versions).
Have you installed proper version of frameworks ? (4.5 if i remember correctly)

Alduin

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2016; 01:46 PM »
thanks Kikina for your great mod . i already play this un 2.0 ver and i can say that is a perfect mod !
but i see something in the game that may not be so good ...
i created a summoner , and as you know , Elementals are usefull creatures . but they decrease willpower too much ! ( i guess 30 willpower for each) can you edit this number ? decrease it to 3 or 5 or maximum 7 for each kind of Elmentals or something else. you know better !
THANKS!!
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2016; 01:49 PM by Lady Varaus The Snake »

VampQ

• Evil Bunneh
  • Administrator
  • Dark Will
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2016; 04:54 PM »
Have you tried using the Master of the Elements skill? Also you can go for +aa (all attributes) and willpower gear. Either way, many elementals are hard to use in a low level summoner due to willpower feeds but it will get better later.
Who says nothing is impossible?
I've been doing nothing for years.

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2016; 08:47 PM »
Unfortunately, so far i have not tried editing some skills.  ???
I suppose it would again take a week before I figured out how to do it right..  :)
Moreover, i would like to keep skills most similar to the original game. As he wrote VampQ, there are several ways to make nice summoner build.
if you want some amended and rebalanced skills, try Nagahaku or Lost London mods, they said there are very good remastered skills.

Alduin

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2016; 06:33 AM »
thanks for your suggest , but i tried all of the sp mods , revival naga and lost london... but naga makes game so hard and increase the numbers of enemy for each area .
your mod is better than others in my mind . and that subject was a serious problem for me (and a little was a private request i think) but thanks for your work !!!

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2016; 02:10 PM »
To Alduin:

Try this mod, is not tested, without warranty and use it at your own risk..  :D
Backup you save game before install !!
In this mod (theoretically) cost summon of any elemental only 5 will.
If it ever will work, i can not exclude any side effects..  ???

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2016; 09:56 PM »
I've been playing the 1.21 mod on one machine, and the 2.0 mod on another.

I have noticed quite a difference in the loot drops. In 1.21 there are lots of greens with several blues and a good sprinkling of unique's. Plus pets drop in 1.21 (probably too often to be honest).

When I play 2.0 I get a lot of white drops (playing Elite mode) with a few greens and the odd blue. Very occasionally I get a unique drop. Usually it's a sniper rifle (which I hate because I prefer to play Engineer these days) or a Static Coil (which is amazingly good compared to how it was in MP). I get a smattering of legendary drops. There doesn't seem to a difference between 1.21 and 2.0 for legendary items.

On the plus side, I have managed to buy a Dubar's Disruptor from the trader at Monument, and a very nice Mythic Arclight Fusion Rifle that adds +16% - +18% toxic, electric, and spectral damage on top of the fire damage (making it a very respectable ghetto Dunbar's) from the trader at St Paul's which I have fitted to my Drone.

Palladium seems in shorter supply in 2.0 too. Again, on the upside, I was literally overjoyed to find the bosses on each level of Necropolis, making that area like Catacombs, which is awesome. I also bumped into Molly a couple of times in Ancient Bloods. Both times I was too underpowered to be a match for him.

I think the last mod that I played to any degree was 1.5b1. I played 1.8, 1.9 and 2.0 in a very short space of time recently and didn't get far until I installed 2.0

Do pets drop still?

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2016; 01:36 AM »
Rules of loot (droprate normal / green / blue ...) comes from patch 1.5, from the original revival authors.
My only changes is little better drop of mythic mod.
I suspect the revival authors from canceling ALL the changes made in version 1.2 during creation 1.5 mode.
Current loot ratio is probably original settings from TC4 (online MP patch).

Pets is now obtainable from eggs (hatch in cube).
All boss in game have 2% chance on drop egg when killed, from this egg you can obtain four types common
pets - Cocomoko, Cocomoko Korea, Mantawraith, Mantawraith FSS. All this pets gives little damage augment if summoned. I recommend farming boss Oculis - warp Monument station - Angel passage is still open.
Boss Dessicator (can spawn in Old crypt with 33% probability) can drop special eggs (20% on kill).
From this eggs can be hatched three unique pets with fight or healing skills. Level Old crypt is designed
like a optimal farming place for XP points.
Pet Zombot and Fester festivus can be obtained while events. Zombot while halloween, blueprint and components is loot from common monsters. Fester while winter holiday, reward from quests + cube recipe.

Ancient blood is in this version game Moloch's den (100% chance on spawn), but besides the chance on common unique Moloch dropping only unique dye kits.

Regarding palladium - yes, droprate is lower than 1.2 (again original settings). I recommend to pay attention to Zomper loot in Necropolis lv5 (approximately 100k palladium on kill).  :D

I also noticed, so Static coil is now very good weapon (it is also not my change). But, in game is much better
weapons for hunters. Try farming Terrible monster in Deathtrap..  ;)

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2016; 02:23 PM »

Pets is now obtainable from eggs (hatch in cube).
All boss in game have 2% chance on drop egg when killed, from this egg you can obtain four types common
pets - Cocomoko, Cocomoko Korea, Mantawraith, Mantawraith FSS. All this pets gives little damage augment if summoned. I recommend farming boss Oculis - warp Monument station - Angel passage is still open.
Boss Dessicator (can spawn in Old crypt with 33% probability) can drop special eggs (20% on kill).
From this eggs can be hatched three unique pets with fight or healing skills. Level Old crypt is designed
like a optimal farming place for XP points.
Pet Zombot and Fester festivus can be obtained while events. Zombot while halloween, blueprint and components is loot from common monsters. Fester while winter holiday, reward from quests + cube recipe.

I also noticed, so Static coil is now very good weapon (it is also not my change). But, in game is much better
weapons for hunters. Try farming Terrible monster in Deathtrap..  ;)

I had completely forgotten that I'd seen Deathtrap and Old Crypt portals in Templar Base.

So, I spent some time on Old Crypt and killed a lot, got lots of loot and a pretty good amount of Palladium. Then I decided the try Deathtrap. A huge 'lol' at Wollah_Bee. Now there's a name synonymous with Global that had me in stitches of laughter so many times. I think he had more alts than I did and I think we chatted many times without even realising it. I had 5 HG Global accounts in the end.

So, the awkward sod will only drop me one Hu's so far. But I did get an egg which I need to hatch. Whatever comes out of the egg will probably die on me before I get to use it  :P

Anyway, I love Deathtrap, it is my new Ploughyard (which has been disappointingly barren for me on this character).

Hat's off to all for these mods. They really are a very special treat for Hellgate fans.

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2016; 08:27 PM »
I managed to get two pets. A Manta and a Unique Juggernaut (not sure what the latter does?). Using the Juggernaut in Deathtrap makes for an interesting time as it makes the same sounds as the monstrosities that spawn there  :P One pet came from Wollah and the other came from Dessi.

I also managed to get a second Hu's from the Wollahmonster. Only a two slot though, so I need to keep farming. I got a second Dunbar's from the St Paul's vendor which was a slight upgrade on the first in terms of % on hit and % on kill nova's which was nice. I also got an eight slot Nik's which I need to fill with juicy mods.

I'm really loving 2.0  :D

Kikina the templar

• Nameless
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2016; 10:48 PM »
Thanks.

:)

Terrible monter dropping primarily rings, but can drop weapons, which recommended to beginers Wolly himself.  :D
(hunters - Hu's, templars - Hikida's, cabalists - Slipnaught)