Author Topic: Unofficial Revival SP modification 1.9  (Read 2558 times)

Kikina the templar

• Named
Unofficial Revival SP modification 1.9
« on: Dec 02, 2016; 02:14 PM »
Hello

here is my last (and maybe very last, if not be necessary make some adjustments) little upgrade for revival:

Unofficial Hellgate revival SP modification version 1.9
BETATEST !

This unofficial patch is based on Revival version 1.8, all characters from foregoing version is
(theoretically) compatible, but is strongly recommended to backup your save games before installation.

1.9 Patch Notes
---------------

- due to an error, which makes Reanimator while changing game sounds, is now Nautilus,
all burning fiends and Terrible monster again without making any noises

- to inventory screen was added new slot for implants. Implants is now obtainable in game (drop + cube recipes)

- good news for trophy hunters. In Necropolis is now possible to meet four old bosses from Stonehenge - Errgoth, Nicor, Oriax and Ash

- droprate of mythic mods has been slightly increased

- all uniques and mythic items can now be spawned at vendors, also legendary and mythic mods

- i found in game data some quests ready for the wanted bulletins in stations, where now there are none.
 Quests is full functional, so now you can  accept this quests from another bulletins in nearby others stations

New content description
-----------------------

(click to show/hide)

Thats all.
With this changes is revival definitely interesting, i think. Some things i did not do it..
Sounds for new monsters - is not my fault, i spent hours trying to eliminate this bug, but unsuccesfully.
Zombot icon - icon working correctly, but zombot is too low and his head is under bottom edge of icon.  :) I could not find where is settings for "camera" coordinates.
Number indicating damage in weapon tooltip of mythic and double edged items not working correctly - all mythic items appears to be worse than legendary. But it is not true. I tested it, all mythic affixes (except for one heavenly affix, which do not want repair, because i am afraid of backward compatibility) working correctly, but tooltip displays absurdly low number and i still dont know why.. In addition, i think so each mythic item would deserve at least two mythic affixes (that i could, it would be interested in ?).
Now all that remains is to wait if official authors of revival come up with something new. Maybe someone finally reveals how to run stonehenge..

Kikina the templar

Ericminos

• Nameless
Re: Unofficial Revival SP modification 1.9
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016; 04:33 AM »
First of all, Thanks A LOT! It's an amazing work you've been doing!

But I´m bugged...in "Exodus", the Reaper doesn't appear! I was thinking into Reset the Mods but, last time I did it, I lost all my Weapons, most of the itens in stash (Cube included!) and some equip...

Any chance to solve this? Only today, I cleaned the stage 4x .

And again man, THANK YOU!!!

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2016; 11:39 AM »
The bug I have come across is either stopping the hellrift revealer from revealing the hellrifts in Ludgate Hill, or the hellrifts are not spawning. The map/radar works just fine. But nothing is revealed on it and nothing spawns for me to kill. I abandoned the quest a number of times and covered every inch of Ludgate Hill. Nothing works.

I'm going to try a complete uninstall and full reinstall (keeping my saves of course). I might try 1.7 and 1.8  first to see if I  can get past Ludgate Hill so that I can progress in the game. I don't fancy starting from level 1 again  :D

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2016; 12:57 PM »
Hello and thanks,

to Ericinos:
regarding of Reaper - this spawn bug appears only once, or its a permanent problem ? My only alpha tester tested reaper in 1.8 if drop the ruinous ring, and reaper
always spawn correcly. Even in the original version sometimes happened, that some of boss dont spawn (mainly Sydonai, but by Reaper happened me too).
Regarding of "reset the mods" - characters is not compatible backwardly. For example: If you load character saved in v1.8 to game with version v1.7 instaled,
all rings from character, backpack and stash irreversibly disappears. If you load save position from revival to "vanilla" game (original game without mods),
ALL items created in revival disappears, including cube. Testing different versions of revival is therefore possible only with old saved characters from
correct version.

to NiKKeZ:
My aplhatester foud in 1.9 another bug - Molly dont spawn healers. I think so this both bugs are related, maybe bug with reaper too. I suspect reanimator from another unexpectly error.

Give me some time, i working on it..  ;)

Kikina the templar

NiKKeZ

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2016; 05:22 PM »

to NiKKeZ:
My aplhatester foud in 1.9 another bug - Molly dont spawn healers. I think so this both bugs are related, maybe bug with reaper too. I suspect reanimator from another unexpectly error.

Give me some time, i working on it..  ;)

Kikina the templar

I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work Kikina. Without the effort from you and the others before you the single player game would have been dead and finished years ago. The same thanks applies to the people that have made the other mods (like Lost London). Hellgate is still my favourite ever game and I still dream that one day there will be a Hellgate 2 for the PC.

As for the bug in Ludgate Hill, I completely uninstalled Hellgate and deleted all folders, including everything in My Documents/My Games and I also erased everything related to Flagship from the registry. I did a reinstall of the base game, plus 1.21 SP, 2.0 MP and then applied the 1.9 Revival patch. The problem was still there.

I reverted back to pre 1.9 using the 1.5b1 Launcher and installed the Revival 1.5b1 mod. Bingo, the Hellrifts showed up on the map and I was able to use the revealer to get them to spawn. I finished the level and then went back to 1.9 because I really like that release. It's easy enough to go back to 1.5b1 if needed.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2016; 06:50 PM by NiKKeZ »

Ericminos

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2016; 09:21 PM »
Kikina, unfortunatelly Reaper doesn't appear at all - nor the Hulks that stands in the tracks.

BTW, the first time I reseted the mods was'cause of the Hellrifts too, in Ludgate Hill - using the 1.8 mod, the radar works, but no hellrifts appeared.

I did a Backup and reseted, Reaper appeared (as good as the Hellrifts before) and now i'm installing mod 1.9 again!

Again, theres no word to thank you man...without the efforts og you and everyone working hard on this mods, this game were long dead!

TheWalkingDerp

• A Shady One
  • Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2016; 12:04 PM »
Really great work Kikina, and your effort is much apprectiated.
Just a thought though, you might wanna hold back a little with continuing your work on the SP mod. You probably saw that there's currently being worked on the MP part of the game in an attempt to bring it back. There will possibly emerge new tools from this, potentially a reworked reanimator and stuff like that which would make modding the singleplayer a lot easier and more reliant. Also there might be more manpower dedicated to finally making MP 2.0 with SH and Abyss.
All speculation but I don't want you to put a lot of effort in this just to see your work being irrelevant in a few months.
I don't mean to tell you to stop  :D If you like the challenge and modding it for fun then keep going  :) As I've said your enthusiasm is much appreciated  :)

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2016; 04:14 PM »
Hello and thanks again to all for support and testing
 :)

Bug found - core program responded unexpectedly on some of my changes.
My fault, but this error i can fix.
I have version 2.0 almost done - it should be a Christmas surprise.
I urgently finishing this final version of "UnRevival", all errors found in v1.9
(rift healers, Molly healers, Reaper) will be corrected in it.

Kiki

Ericminos

• Nameless
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2016; 02:43 PM »
Kikina!!! It's me again man...sorry.

I´ve found another possible bug - the 5 lies, before Sydonai, are missing. The only enemies there are fellbores, nothing else! I've run there 3x, all the same.

I´ll try revert to some old build, try till the last breath to dont reverto to Vanilla!

Again, man, don't even know how to thank you for so much working!

Thanks, a lot!!!

PS: I´ve finished the game,but in the 1.6mod...There was much more enemies, and the Lies appeared normally!
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2016; 03:54 PM by Ericminos »

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2016; 03:16 AM »
Hello, Eric

This all missing creatures is one single bug, which originated in file with "monsters" data.
Version Un 2.0 is now completed and my alphatester will testing main quest line.
If everything will be allright, i post new version here in few days.

Kikina

Ericminos

• Nameless
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2016; 02:59 PM »
Have i told you're awesome? You're Awesome man!