For the sake of clarity,I've decided the launchers need their own threads.
So,here you'll find the "new" launcher,used for installing Revival 1.5 and up,and most newer community mods including Nagahaku 3.0 and Kikina's Unofficial Revival series.Instructions
- Download the new launcher .zip,found as an attachment below,and unzip it in your game directory.
This suffices to set up the launcher. To install mods,you will also need to
- Install the needed patches,found in the Legacy Patches section.
Most newer mods will require both the 1.2 SP and 2.0 MP patches,but kindly remember to read each mod's instructions for specifics.
- Run the game .exe once (either the "Launcher" .exe in your game directory,or either of the .exes in the directory's "SP_x32"/SP_x64" folder).
This step is crucial as it allows the game to create some additional files that are often essential for proper mod installations.
- Run the game's MP .exe once (located in the game directory's "MP_x32"/"MP_x64" folder).
As with the above,this step is crucial,as it allows the game to create additional files.
Note,said .exes link to Flagship's long-defunkt MP servers.It is of no consequence that the game has no MP servers to connect to; simply reaching the main menu suffices for this step.
- Download the mod you wish to install.
- Run the launcher.exe. Select Utilities>modifications>install,and select the mod .zip(s) you have downloaded.
- Select any optional components you wish,and select "Install".
- Once the installation is complete,run the game!