Author Topic: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification (17/04/17)  (Read 63254 times)

Morphy

• Named
Re: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification
« Reply #60 on: Dec 29, 2015; 05:39 PM »
Hello peeps. I have encountered main quest bug with Lucious Aldin. I installed 1.5b1 over 1.5b2 like mentioned a few posts above but when i click "single player game" on main menu, game crashes and this error pops up...

It's hard to say if that's a mod issue or just HG.

Hellgate is plagued with memory error crashes, always has been.

I find the Nag mod and LL (and , to a lesser extent, Revival) actually lessens the crashes (maybe they fixed a few of the larger memory error sections?)

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
  • but friends call me daft
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2015; 10:19 PM »
I had these kind of crashes when I installed Revival 1.5 after reverting previous installed mods. I was able to fix the issue by completely reinstalling Hellgate and the mod file I wanted to use.

juno89

• Nameless
« Reply #62 on: Jan 01, 2016; 07:24 PM »
I had these kind of crashes when I installed Revival 1.5 after reverting previous installed mods. I was able to fix the issue by completely reinstalling Hellgate and the mod file I wanted to use.

That worked! I reinstalled game and no crashes now.  :D

Lodestone

• Nameless
« Reply #63 on: Jan 13, 2016; 09:43 PM »
Is there an area for requests? I'm not seeing it.

Just wondered if there could be an option to pick up all items in the vicinity, not just cash and other small items. Personally, I think this games real strength lies in running around like an idiot killing everything in sight, not the fancy inventory meta-game.

It would be nice to have an auto-dismantler capability/option too, but the auto pick-up seems a slight change to some things already there.

Thanks!
Lode

desertedsun

• Nameless
« Reply #64 on: Jan 14, 2016; 09:22 PM »
I chose 100% movement speed, but it is way too fast. Is there anyway I can change it to a lower value without having to reinstall everything?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #65 on: Jan 14, 2016; 10:18 PM »
Lodestone, The auto dismantler is not possible in any way shape or form, but auto pickup all could be done. On a side note did you know that holding the pickup button down picks everything in the vicinity up quickly?

desertedsun, sorry, you have to reinstall the whole mod. Well, I suppose it would be possible to separate them into their own .mod.zip file. Although that means that there would be more .idx/.dat files, which isn't that big a deal I guess. However the idea behind keeping them together was to minimise the amount of changes needed to be made. For example, the improved sniper rifle mods modify items.txt.cooked, that would mean that the separate .mod.zip file would need to have a copy of the file and if it was then modified in Revival, the version in the sniper rifle mod would need to be changed as well.
Anyway, even creating a separate movement speed mod, changing the movement speed would still require reinstallation of the movement speed mod, so the only thing that would change is the reinstallation time.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #66 on: Jan 14, 2016; 10:51 PM »
Anyway, even creating a separate movement speed mod, changing the movement speed would still require reinstallation of the movement speed mod, so the only thing that would change is the reinstallation time.

Without offence to the original question - let's be realistic here... it only take about 30 second to install anyway.

What would be helpful is to have the mod "remember" the tick boxes you installed it with - so they are pre-ticked and you don;t need to remember what you had before... then you go an untick whatever you want to change and go for it.

desertedsun

• Nameless
« Reply #67 on: Jan 14, 2016; 11:12 PM »

Without offence to the original question - let's be realistic here... it only take about 30 second to install anyway.

What would be helpful is to have the mod "remember" the tick boxes you installed it with - so they are pre-ticked and you don;t need to remember what you had before... then you go an untick whatever you want to change and go for it.

I tried the Revert/Uninstall mod option so that I can reinstall, but the mod is still installed when I launch the game. Any other way to uninstall?

desertedsun

• Nameless
« Reply #68 on: Jan 15, 2016; 01:01 AM »

I tried the Revert/Uninstall mod option so that I can reinstall, but the mod is still installed when I launch the game. Any other way to uninstall?

Actually i just uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Which version of the Revival mod has vanilla drop rates or has lower drop rates for uniques because they are dropping like crazy and takes the fun out of getting uniques? Is there a stable version that has  the expanded inventory,mythic items, the cube and lower drop rates?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #69 on: Jan 15, 2016; 11:17 PM »
As far as I remember, drop rates for items haven't changed since 1.5b1.
Has anyone else noticed an increase in unique items?

desertedsun

• Nameless
« Reply #70 on: Jan 16, 2016; 06:42 AM »

I was actually comparing the drop rates to the vanilla version. 1.5b2 is the first time i'm playing the Revival mod.

Does anyone know how to select a reward after completing a quest? I try to grab the one I want and put it in my inventory, but it doesn't work and I have to do the choose for me option.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #71 on: Jan 20, 2016; 01:24 AM »

I was actually comparing the drop rates to the vanilla version. 1.5b2 is the first time i'm playing the Revival mod.

Does anyone know how to select a reward after completing a quest? I try to grab the one I want and put it in my inventory, but it doesn't work and I have to do the choose for me option.
Drop rates are slightly different from vanilla, but you shouldn't be getting a lot of uniques. I've tested with a new character up until killing Shulgoth, and the only unique was one of his. Would you mind telling me where your character is, so I can test it around there?
And regarding the quest rewards, are you using the expanded storage mod? If so are you putting the rewards in the relevant page? weapons for weapons etc.

snomann72

• Nameless
« Reply #72 on: Jan 20, 2016; 04:19 AM »
I think desertedsun is asking about the quests.  I believe he is saying that the quest rewards not giving him the one he selects and he have to click the "Choose For Me" Button.

I'm not sure about the item reward after doing the quests.  I haven't tried clicking one of the rewards manually.

desertedsun

• Nameless
« Reply #73 on: Jan 20, 2016; 01:45 PM »

Drop rates are slightly different from vanilla, but you shouldn't be getting a lot of uniques. I've tested with a new character up until killing Shulgoth, and the only unique was one of his. Would you mind telling me where your character is, so I can test it around there?
And regarding the quest rewards, are you using the expanded storage mod? If so are you putting the rewards in the relevant page? weapons for weapons etc.

When I got my first 2 drops in the game they were both uniques so I assumed that uniques would be dropping like crazy, but later they were a lot less frequent. Yes, i'm using the expanded storage mod. I didn't notice that you had to put the rewards in certain tabs like weapons tab so thanks for that.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #74 on: Jan 20, 2016; 05:09 PM »
I didn't notice that you had to put the rewards in certain tabs like weapons tab so thanks for that.

If memory serves me (I'm Playing Nagahaku HG at the moment) it's not so much that they have to be put into the right spot... but they will automatically go there and you won't see them if you're on a different "window".

That gave me a few scares before I realised.

Example:

Window is on armour and you select or pick up a gun - drop it into inventory.
You won't see it at all, think it's lost... until you switch to the weapons window.

But, as far as memory goes, you don't have to be on the weapons window in order to pick up a gun.