Author Topic: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification (17/04/17)  (Read 61346 times)

NickEclipse

• Nameless
Re: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification
« Reply #45 on: Nov 22, 2015; 03:54 PM »
My bad, I didn't notice there was Armor/Weapon/Misc tabs in main inventory too. That was the issue. I tried to put Weapon/Armor into Misc, thus why it didn't work. Sorry about that.

As for the Main Quest bug, what would be the proper process to fix it if I experience it? Start 1.5 launcher, use Mod Revert, then install 1.5b1, load the game, complete quest, exit. Re-Launch 1.5 Launcher, Mod Revert, re-install 1.5b2, and re-launch the game. Is that right? Or will I need the old Launcher or something?

Also, does this Main Quest bug occur 100% of the time, or is it random?

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
  • but friends call me daft
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #46 on: Nov 22, 2015; 04:00 PM »
My bad, I didn't notice there was Armor/Weapon/Misc tabs in main inventory too. That was the issue. I tried to put Weapon/Armor into Misc, thus why it didn't work. Sorry about that.

As for the Main Quest bug, what would be the proper process to fix it if I experience it. Start 1.5 launcher, use Mod Revert, then install 1.5b1, load the game, complete quest, exit. Re-Launch 1.5 Launcher, Mod Revert, and Re-Install 1.5b2, re-launch the game. Is that right? Or will I need the old Launcher or something?

Also, is this Main Quest bug occur 100% of the time, or is it random?
I'm glad you found a solution for your issue.
If you encounter that main quest bug, which doesn't seem to occur 100% of the time, you just install 1.5b1 without reverting anything, complete the quest chain and install 1.5b2 without reverting. Always use the new Revival 1.5 launcher unless a specific mod needs the old launcher (like Lost London).

NickEclipse

• Nameless
« Reply #47 on: Nov 22, 2015; 04:02 PM »

As for the Main Quest bug, what would be the proper process to fix it if I experience it. Start 1.5 launcher, use Mod Revert, then install 1.5b1, load the game, complete quest, exit. Re-Launch 1.5 Launcher, Mod Revert, and Re-Install 1.5b2, re-launch the game. Is that right? Or will I need the old Launcher or something?

Also, is this Main Quest bug occur 100% of the time, or is it random?
I'm glad you found a solution for your issue.
If you encounter that main quest bug, which doesn't seem to occur 100% of the time, you just install 1.5b1 without reverting anything, complete the quest chain and install 1.5b2 without reverting. Always use the new Revival 1.5 launcher unless a specific mod needs the old launcher (like Lost London).

So just install 1.5b1 on top of 1.5b2. Then 1.5b2 on top of 1.5b1 after Quest is completed. No Revert. Got it! Thank you so much for your time. Is there a way to thumb up or give you Karma? I don't see any. Anyway, free virtual Karma to you for your help man.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #48 on: Nov 22, 2015; 04:07 PM »
So just install 1.5b1 on top of 1.5b2. Then 1.5b2 on top of 1.5b1 after Quest is completed. No Revert. Got it! Thank you so much for your time. Is there a way to thumb up or give you Karma? I don't see any. Anyway, free virtual Karma to you for your help man.
Correct. This is since these mods automatically revert any previous mod changes by default. The revert function is only necessary if you want to make a clean install of a standalone mod which doesn't revert automatically.

There is some sort of karma system but AFAIK it is only available when you have at least 10 posts. Then there are two buttons below every user's nickname/portrait which say [applaud] [smite]

You're welcome.

Xyloritus

• Nameless
  • Memento mori.
« Reply #49 on: Dec 04, 2015; 04:50 PM »
Good to see the mod's still alive!  :D Is there any chance we can get more gameplay improvements and content? I'd love to see some stuff form Hellgate Global. I can't play it because of engine downgrades, it has some nice content though (e.g. face textures, armors). PM me if you need help in mod development. I could help with texturing or other stuff as far as I can.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #50 on: Dec 04, 2015; 05:48 PM »
Good to see the mod's still alive!  :D Is there any chance we can get more gameplay improvements and content? I'd love to see some stuff form Hellgate Global. I can't play it because of engine downgrades, it has some nice content though (e.g. face textures, armors). PM me if you need help in mod development. I could help with texturing or other stuff as far as I can.
Malachor wrote in another thread that they won't include Global stuff.
On the other hand, the most advanced mod in terms of TC2.0 content is Nagahaku's mod.

Xyloritus

• Nameless
  • Memento mori.
« Reply #51 on: Dec 04, 2015; 07:55 PM »
Yeah, I don't like Nagahaku's mod. It's too "uber" for me. Anyways we can make an add-on with Global content. It doesn't have to be official.
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2015; 08:11 PM by Xyloritus »

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #52 on: Dec 04, 2015; 08:39 PM »
Yeah, I don't like Nagahaku's mod. It's too "uber" for me.
What do you mean by "uber"?

Xyloritus

• Nameless
  • Memento mori.
« Reply #53 on: Dec 04, 2015; 11:02 PM »
Too many enemies, overpowered bosses. I prefer classic gameplay.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #54 on: Dec 04, 2015; 11:50 PM »
Too many enemies, overpowered bosses. I prefer classic gameplay.
You can tone down the monster density to Revival 1.5 standard and most bosses are the exact same as in Revival 1.5.

Xyloritus

• Nameless
  • Memento mori.
« Reply #55 on: Dec 05, 2015; 12:30 AM »
How can I do that? Maybe I'll give it a go one more time.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #56 on: Dec 05, 2015; 12:32 AM »
How can I do that? Maybe I'll give it a go one more time.
Just install my mod NagaOptionals after you've installed Nagahaku and choose the appropriate option.

Xyloritus

• Nameless
  • Memento mori.
« Reply #57 on: Dec 05, 2015; 02:15 AM »
Thanks, I'll try your mod at some point when I'm done modding the ui ;)

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #58 on: Dec 05, 2015; 04:36 AM »
The design for Revival is to include what content/changes we can from the test centre of Hellgate: London. Which is no longer active, obviously, but it means we are less likely to get into trouble for doing so.
Including content/changes from Hellgate: Global wasn't because it was active. And even if it's not active now, there is still a company around that may make trouble. Do a search on "hellgate", hellgateaus turns up on the first page of results. I, personally don't mind including the c/c, but I want to wait until after the tcv2 c/c is in, and at the rate I'm going, that'll give enough time to see what happens with global.

juno89

• Nameless
« Reply #59 on: Dec 29, 2015; 03:35 PM »
Hello peeps. I have encountered main quest bug with Lucious Aldin. I installed 1.5b1 over 1.5b2 like mentioned a few posts above but when i click "single player game" on main menu, game crashes and this error pops up...