Author Topic: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification (17/04/17)  (Read 48217 times)

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: Revival 1.5b2 SP Modification
« Reply #150 on: Apr 08, 2016; 12:01 PM »
Update: Upper Thames, seeing lv. 52 regular mobs while character is lv. 40. Please pay attention to this problem – it breaks the game.
That's strange for a couple of reasons. First I had no idea the monster level was changed, nothing in the install.xml file mentions it. And second, Upper Thames monsterLevelNightmare entry is 47, so I don't know why monsters would be 52nd.
Okay, what I'll do, is see what the unmodified entries say, and make some changes.

Edit:
So I had a look and we didn't change the monsterLevelNightmare entries from the vanilla game. But that doesn't explain why you're encountering 52nd level when they should be 47th level.
Elite difficulty doesn't seem to change their level either.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2016; 12:21 PM by Malachor »

Buckles

• Nameless
« Reply #151 on: Apr 08, 2016; 06:15 PM »
I had the same problem. For the second half of nightmare I was fighting monsters 5 to 10 levels higher than me.

Antediluvian

• Nameless
« Reply #152 on: Apr 08, 2016; 09:55 PM »
So… what to do? Keep grinding on pre-Monument locations until mob level has nowhere to grow?

I had played vanilla and Revival 1.2 versions to the end of Nightmare mode and I certainly do not recall such heavy opposition.

gharra 002

• Nameless
« Reply #153 on: Apr 08, 2016; 11:14 PM »
hello here I put the mods revival 1.5b has day 1.5b2 and everything works perfectly.
nice work. 8)

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #154 on: Apr 09, 2016; 01:52 AM »
So… what to do? Keep grinding on pre-Monument locations until mob level has nowhere to grow?

I had played vanilla and Revival 1.2 versions to the end of Nightmare mode and I certainly do not recall such heavy opposition.
Try this version. I've decreased the monster level by 10, from Upper Thames onwards.

Antediluvian

• Nameless
« Reply #155 on: Apr 09, 2016; 01:22 PM »
Greetings!

Another memory addressing problem to report: persistent CTDs in locations surrounding Monument Station (Waterman's Walk, Monument Tunnels, Lower and Upper Thames) upon killing champion mobs. Most of the time the error is "0x 8005 e3f5 - 0x0000 0134" and sometimes "0x 4003 7d80 - 0xffff ffff". Likely a problem with loot tables (current character level 44, mob level 48).

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #156 on: Apr 10, 2016; 04:23 AM »
You couldn't specify the champion monsters could you?
And is this since installing the monster level fix?

Antediluvian

• Nameless
« Reply #157 on: Apr 10, 2016; 02:02 PM »
Well, Ribcage is one offender, but it seems to happen with any.
Current version does not include the latest level-down fix (reloading the game seems to return mob level and toughness to what is expected of Nightmare mode, but there are still problems, like Beast of Abaddon being lv. 48 and his Fellbores lv. 52, which means they are the boss and not him).

Update: Moloch is guilty as well (char lv. 48, Moloch lv. 50), so his loot tables also contain that special something.

Update 2: lv. 50, Mark Lane surroundings, getting frequent CTDs (every ~30 mins) with the same memory error (…e3f5) upon accessing merchant's stock or killing champions and sometimes even regular mobs (last time it was a simple Gremlin Trooper).
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2016; 11:13 PM by Antediluvian »

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2016; 03:13 PM »
I'm still here, sort of, been sick for a couple of weeks.
Hopefully, I can pick back up next week.

Antediluvian

• Nameless
« Reply #159 on: Jun 23, 2016; 12:27 AM »
So, uhm… any luck finding the source of "e3f5" error and CTD? I can run the game for a couple of hours more to specify few more mobs that cause it, if it's needed (given it's not related to Revival files found missing in my case).

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #160 on: Jun 23, 2016; 02:39 AM »
So, uhm… any luck finding the source of "e3f5" error and CTD? I can run the game for a couple of hours more to specify few more mobs that cause it, if it's needed (given it's not related to Revival files found missing in my case).
Unfortunately, I haven't looked into it yet.  I've gone through stages of being sick then being well, then being sick again, etc.

Antediluvian

• Nameless
« Reply #161 on: Jun 23, 2016; 10:15 AM »
OK. At least I know you're alive, so there's still a chance.

Adorak

• Nameless
« Reply #162 on: Jul 08, 2016; 11:11 PM »
Long Version:
First of all I want to thank everybody that made this project happend a lot. I've played Hellgate since Beta and loved it ever since. Due to real life issues I was not playing it all the time but I never stopped loving that great game. However, the game did not work out as evidenced by the game failing twice (afaik).

I haven't played it at the time the servers went offline ... actually I havent played it for about 2+ years. Yesterday I felt the urge to play it again I was looking for a way to play it in Singleplayer - since I never was a big fan of guilds or anything ... Singleplayer is not a bad choice. I was, however, aware that there was some modification available (I did not now it was called Revival or anything). When I found and successfully installed Revival 1.5b2 and started playing it again I was amazed.

TL;DR
Thank you!  ;)

1 question: I have a ... let's call it bug. When I move items in my inventory the image dissapears and the mouse is the top left inventory-field of the item that is currently grabbed. I'm sorry if I fail to explain it properly ... I sort of got used to it - it's not a big thing - still I would like to know if this known and if there is a fix.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #163 on: Jul 09, 2016; 03:04 AM »
TL;DR
Thank you!  ;)

1 question: I have a ... let's call it bug. When I move items in my inventory the image dissapears and the mouse is the top left inventory-field of the item that is currently grabbed. I'm sorry if I fail to explain it properly ... I sort of got used to it - it's not a big thing - still I would like to know if this known and if there is a fix.
You're welcome.
Regarding your issue, that is a known problem, and I could never work out why it did that, when the nonmodified inventory/stash was fine. But I have been able to eliminate it with Expanded storage 3.

ubai

• Nameless
« Reply #164 on: Jul 27, 2016; 12:21 AM »
Hello, I just discovered this mod yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it, so thanks for all your work! Unfortunately I seem to have run into some trouble installing it. The installer says my files are good, then I select the 5b2 zip file I downloaded. On the next screen it says to select optional packages iirc, and that is all blank. I click next and it says everything went fine, and there are no errors in the log file.

I made a new character and as far as I can tell I don't have more storage space or the dye packs or the bigger stash, so I think something went wrong. Has anyone had this problem before? I looked for a guide but the only one I found was for 1b2.

Thanks in advance!
Matt